• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

US 19 or I-75 to FSU from USF campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Everyone I talk to says they are taking 75 & I-10 to game--about 265 miles.  Am I the only person going up US 19.  It's only 235 miles from USF if I  get on the Suncoast Parkway at SR 54 or SR52 and hop on  US 19 in Citrus county.  Unless you're doing 90 mph up 75...US 19 has to be quicker even after slowing down in a few towns.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From USF take I-75/I-10... it may be 30 miles more, but it's all interstate... The Suncoast ends before you get to Homosassa Springs ... so there's a lot of 35 mph sections through all the little towns (Homosassa, Crystal River, Old Town, Chiefland, Perry...)

The only benefit to US 19/27 is you have a wider selection of gas stations and restaurants...

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone I talk to says they are taking 75 & I-10 to game--about 265 miles.  Am I the only person going up US 19.  It's only 235 miles from USF if I  get on the Suncoast Parkway at SR 54 or SR52 and hop on  US 19 in Citrus county.  Unless you're doing 90 mph up 75...US 19 has to be quicker even after slowing down in a few towns.

I go 75 from the Carrollwood area, so I'm even closer to the parkway.  And yes, I will be going 90 mph.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

US 19 for sure.  Once you get north of sping hill its smooth sailing.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

mileage makes no difference.  US19 is a populated highway.  as Jim said, you're going to hit red lights and low MPH zones all over the place.

in other words, taking US19 = mental retardation.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

ugh, US 19 through the Nature Coast is pure hell to drive.  Don't do it unless you want to see some of "Old Florida".

mileage makes no difference.  US19 is a populated highway.  as Jim said, you're going to hit red lights and low MPH zones all over the place.

in other words, taking US19 = mental retardation.

at the very least, taking US 19 = vehicular retardation... ;) ;) ;)

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i really can't believe someone would think saving 30 miles on 19 would be faster on time than taking i-75.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I got my undergrad from FAMU. I-75 is a no brainer. US 19 will make you want to shoot yourself. Unless you live in Northern Pinellas don't do it.

Archived