• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls to Yankee Bowl in 2010???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

If this bowl game takes off, then eventually I can see a nice BIG EASTvsBIG TEN match up in the next bowl cycle. It all depends on how this bowl game will do.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well I can tell you that if this game is anywhere near New Years Eve then this would instantly become one of the most expensive bowl games to travel to in the country.  hotel rooms are no joke in the city around New Years Eve

• Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

Matt has a great point. I wonder if the schools that are involved with the bowl game could get great discounts for alumni and fans???

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Oklahoma

Texas

Oklahoma St

Nebraska

Texas A&M

Kansas

Texas Tech

Missiour

those are 8 teams right there that all would be GREAT bowl match ups.  (obviously a few of those programs would NEVER fall to #7)

the other 4 teams are Kansas St, Iowa St, Colorado, Baylor.

there is a huge gap from #8 to #9 in the big 12 so playing the #7 would work just fine.

i def agree that playin a big 12 #7 team would look better and be more fun to watch than playin say a CUSA team but i dont think a #7 big 12 team would bring a lot of fans.......

remember sun bowl.....we outnumbered oregon fans by a lot...i know it was a far distance to travel but still...same deal with st. pete...bowls are way more fun when there are tons of fans from both teams......

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Matt has a great point. I wonder if the schools that are involved with the bowl game could get great discounts for alumni and fans???

:ROFLMAO That is a good one... if this bowl game falls around New Years then it would had been a deliberate move to get fans to pay out the nose.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Great bowl opportunity.

And for those worried about the cost...airfare is dirt cheap for the most part, and if you haven't been to NYC, unless you are made of money, you don't stay in the city around the holidays. 

In NY it's all about the public transportation.  I think a weekend of not having to worry about designated drivers would be a blast!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great bowl opportunity.

And for those worried about the cost...airfare is dirt cheap for the most part, and if you haven't been to NYC, unless you are made of money, you don't stay in the city around the holidays. 

In NY it's all about the public transportation.  I think a weekend of not having to worry about designated drivers would be a blast!

After you have had the opportunity to experience the mass transit system in NYC, you will understand why a car is totally unnecessary.  It costs $2.00 to go from any station in NY.  You can go from the Bronx to Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn on that one fare.  My mother-in-law, mother and lots of other people who live in NY wouldn't know the first thing about a car.

You also need to experience the fantastic restaurants in New York.  There is no other city like it for food.

I guess you can see my Love/Hate relationship with New York coming out here.  LOL

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A bowl game in NYC sounds like a good idea to me. If this happens we would have upgraded our bowl tie ins.

• Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

Toronto Bowl looks good for that bowl committee because the Big East is a NE conference, we are the odd man out and should be trying our darnedest to make a move into the ACC or SEC in the decades that come.

Archived