• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls to Yankee Bowl in 2010???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Considering our tradition lately with going to new Big East bowls, I like the idea of heading to NYC for the holidays...

Big East, Big 12 in Talks to Meet in Yankee Bowl in 2010

Posted Sep 14, 2009 4:40AM By Brett McMurphy (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Big 12, Big East

Email Print ShareText SizeAAA

The Big East and Big 12 conferences are in serious discussions to play in the new Yankee Bowl beginning in 2010, multiple sources told FanHouse.

The Big East would send its third or fourth selection to New York, while the Big 12 would likely send between its seventh selection. The bowl game would be played at the new Yankee Stadium with a seating capacity of about 47,000.

This is the final year of the current bowl cycle with the new cycle running from 2010-13.

Last month, the Big East officially announced the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando would get the league's second selection or Notre Dame once every four years if eligible beginning in 2010, taking the place of the current hybrid agreement with the Gator and the Sun bowls.

The Sun Bowl had an offer from the Big East to take the league's third selection, but opted to take the fifth selection from the Atlantic Coast Conference, The Tampa Tribune reported.

If the Big East adds the Yankee Bowl, the league's new six-bowl lineup would likely consist of BCS, Champs (Orlando), Yankee (New York), Meineke Car Care (Charlotte, N.C.), Papajohns.com (Birmingham, Ala.) and St. Petersburg (St. Petersburg, Fla.).

The Big 12 currently has agreements with eight bowls for this season, although the Sun Bowl will not be affiliated with the Big 12 beginning in 2010.

If the Big 12 adds the Yankee Bowl, the league's bowl lineup could consist of BCS, Cotton (Dallas), Alamo (San Antonio), Insight (Tempe, Ariz.) Holiday (San Diego), Yankee (New York) and Texas (Houston) and possibly the Independence (Shreveport, La.)

Yankee Stadium officials are actively seeking college football games to be played at the stadium and have announced several future regular-season games, including Notre Dame-Army in 2010, Army-Rutgers in 2011, Army-Air Force in 2012 and Army-Boston College in 2014

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

That would be a GREAT bowl...

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I would rather have this game in our lineup instead of the Toronto Bowl, and it wouldn't surprise me if that bowl shift happened.

I also hear that the GMAC Bowl might shift to UCiF's Bounce House...but that's all still in theory.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Yankee Stadium officials are actively seeking college football games to be played at the stadium and have announced several future regular-season games, including Notre Dame-Army in 2010, Army-Rutgers in 2011, Army-Air Force in 2012 and Army-Boston College in 2014

When are these games played ?

Would like a Boston College matchup.

• Content Count:  971

Would luv a trip to the Big Apple.  Big 12 opponent a plus.  Count me IN.  GB!

• Content Count:  693

#3 or 4 BE team vs. #7 Big 12 team? Not sure how I feel about this. Doesn't sound too exciting to me. Might as well schedule the game against the CUSA #1 or 2 teams.

• Content Count:  12,293

#3 or 4 BE team vs. #7 Big 12 team? Not sure how I feel about this. Doesn't sound too exciting to me. Might as well schedule the game against the CUSA #1 or 2 teams.

NO WAY!!!!!

i would MUCH rather play the #7 big 12 team instead of the #1 or 2 CUSA team.

i would take a  bowl game against a Texas A&M type team over a Southern Miss, ECU, Tulane, or any other of those CUSA "front runners"

• Content Count:  239

Since I live here I'll be going regardless.

However, they would probably sell more tickets if it was against Big 10 (Indiana, Penn St, Wisc, Purdue all have multiple alums at my job and overall alot more people around the city than from Big 12 country, but that is just an unofficial poll done by my eyeballs...).

Anyway, with the league's rep to shift teams in the bowl lineup to fit into the best spot by geography, I image it will usually be RU, WVU or... the Cuse?

And the last Big 12 qualifier is better than any team from C-USA imo, regardless of what the outcome was between OSU and Houston...

• Content Count:  693

Most likely would be playing Colorado, Baylor or Iowa State.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

NO WAY!!!!!

i would MUCH rather play the #7 big 12 team instead of the #1 or 2 CUSA team.

i would take a  bowl game against a Texas A&M type team over a Southern Miss, ECU, Tulane, or any other of those CUSA "front runners"

Agree.

Archived