• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Ford ready after ankle problems

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

According to espn.com Mike Ford has had 0 fumbles the last 2 years. I know I have seen him lose the ball a few times, but the calls were overturned and called down by contact and not fumbles. So i'd say he only has to work on staying in shape and healthy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=238875

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Its now or never for him.

I'm never really sure how a power back like Ford fits into a spread offense, but he better be ready sept. 26th

Think about J-Stew and what he did to us out of Oregon's spread offense.  The less packed in the defense is the more room a big back has to get rolling and punish people. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm never really sure how a power back like Ford fits into a spread offense, but he better be ready sept. 26th

Think about J-Stew and what he did to us out of Oregon's spread offense.  The less packed in the defense is the more room a big back has to get rolling and punish people.   

Why would you bring that up? I don't want to think about Stewart or Oregon for a very long time. THANKS!

• Content Count:  693

Thanks Jim! It seemed kind of awkward to me that it said 0 as I was sure he had lost the ball a few times. ESPN needs to get on the ball and update thier stats, thats ridiculous.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

By the numbers this kid should truck through the BEAST. Then after pounding teams with a Ford M-150 for most of a game you give them a dose of Taylor or Lamar and say catch em if you can.

• Content Count:  4,016

I like to remind people that in 2007 when Ford and Devine were freshmen....

Ford ran for 657 yards, on 138 carries, and 4.75ypc, with 12TD's, and 2 receptions for 12 yards and another TD...whereas Devine ran for 63 carries and 624 yards, and 6 TD's, albeit it was an 8.6ypc, but the entire offense that year had gaudy YPC averages.

This is why I say Ford hasn't been a disappointment here, he's run for nearly 20 TDs as  Bull.  And coming out of his freshman campaign he had by all appearances, plans to lock-down the all-conference RB spots with Devine.  The injury last year and Devine didn't have his SW FL counterpart up there with him, but it's still clear Ford is loaded with talent.

I can't find where he fumbled five times in 2007, and did he lose them all?  I seem to only recall him, and looking it up it appears to be the case, losing 1 fumble last season and that was the FIU game.  So he is improving...but a 6-2 230lbs RB that can bounce it outside as efficiently as Ford can do when he is healthy is a rare talent.  I really think part of this season is predicated on Ford and him staying healthy.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Why would you bring that up? I don't want to think about Stewart or Oregon for a very long time. THANKS!

Like a short fence, get over it. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I like to remind people that in 2007 when Ford and Devine were freshmen....

Ford ran for 657 yards, on 138 carries, and 4.75ypc, with 12TD's, and 2 receptions for 12 yards and another TD...whereas Devine ran for 63 carries and 624 yards, and 6 TD's, albeit it was an 8.6ypc, but the entire offense that year had gaudy YPC averages.

This is why I say Ford hasn't been a disappointment here, he's run for nearly 20 TDs as  Bull.  And coming out of his freshman campaign he had by all appearances, plans to lock-down the all-conference RB spots with Devine.  The injury last year and Devine didn't have his SW FL counterpart up there with him, but it's still clear Ford is loaded with talent.

I can't find where he fumbled five times in 2007, and did he lose them all?  I seem to only recall him, and looking it up it appears to be the case, losing 1 fumble last season and that was the FIU game.  So he is improving...but a 6-2 230lbs RB that can bounce it outside as efficiently as Ford can do when he is healthy is a rare talent.   I really think part of this season is predicated on Ford and him staying healthy.

I don't remember if he lost a fumble in the Auburn game in '07, but I clearly remember him losing a fumble against WVU early on a play or two after nearly breaking out for a touchdown

Archived