• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rivals has FIU ranked above UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those students see a finished time line, hence their negativity.  Their position fails because the time line is incomplete, hence an obscure picture. Hare gets passed by Tortoise in race, remember.  That was a powerful childhood lesson that  would be dishonest to forget in my view.

Relativism at its finest...  ::)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Nobody has passed us except the big 3 in my view.

That's because you wear black and gold goggles and are incapable of seeing things objectively. I personally know ucf fans who say USF has passed them by.  O0 O0 :KoolAid  O0:KoolAid

4-0, 0-4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those students see a finished time line, hence their negativity.  Their position fails because the time line is incomplete, hence an obscure picture. Hare gets passed by Tortoise in race, remember.  That was a powerful childhood lesson that  would be dishonest to forget in my view.

I am not sure what more USF could do to, in your mind, pass UCF.  I suppose if you don't consider yourself passed, so long as there is a possibility that in the distant future you might catch back up, I'll go ahead and say that Tiger Woods has nothing on me!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That's because you wear black and gold goggles and are incapable of seeing things objectively. I personally know ucf fans who say USF has passed them by.  O0 O0 :KoolAid  O0:KoolAid

4-0, 0-4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UCF is the Hare. 

They started out way ahead of USF

Got cocky and arrogant and wouldn't even schedule USF

USF kept building and plodding along closing the gap year by year

USF with buidling its program gets into the BE and pulls ahead

UCF tries to pass the tortuous by hiring a big name coach

USF Continues to plod along and win football games in a BCS conference and against UCF

UCF builds a bunch of new **** in order to try to catch back up

USF keeps plodding along and sweeps UCF in the series between the two

USF has been slowly buidling the foundation of its program while UCF does it by short and expensive spurts. 

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

4-0, 0-4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UCF is the Hare. 

Ahhh, no.  USF got into the Big East by virtue of hoops, not football.  Bottom line is don't myopically look at one series, but rather an expansive and incomplete portrait. That is my view.

• Content Count:  4,016

Chad, as you said that is "YOUR" view.  There was a number of mitigating factors that led to USF being chosen over UCF, and hoops wasn't the singular piece.  Regardless, UCF now must wait for a re-shuffle for the next beauty contest to be conducted and hope all their spending on inferior goodies will be sufficient to make a new conference take notice.  Keep in mind the BE's minimum sized hoop arena was over 10k, and they want all football stadiums to be expanded to over 50k in the next few years.  As we speak UCF would be too small when it comes to facilities. 

Interesting to consider UCF spent money on facilities that the size and capacity would have kept them out of the previous BE expansion, and could keep them out of a future one.

Chad, as you said that is "YOUR" view.  There was a number of mitigating factors that led to USF being chosen over UCF, and hoops wasn't the singular piece.  Regardless, UCF now must wait for a re-shuffle for the next beauty contest to be conducted and hope all their spending on inferior goodies will be sufficient to make a new conference take notice.  Keep in mind the BE's minimum sized hoop arena was over 10k, and they want all football stadiums to be expanded to over 50k in the next few years.  As we speak UCF would be too small when it comes to facilities. 

Interesting to consider UCF spent money on facilities that the size and capacity would have kept them out of the previous BE expansion, and could keep them out of a future one.

Bull,  The point I am trying to get across is that a lot of folks don't see the broad picture that I do.  You get some 20 year old who sees 4 games and is convinced all hope is lost.  I have been around for a while, trust me, just because the ship takes on water doesn't make it the Titanic.  The next reshuffle will find us along side you boys in the Big East.  I think most of you know it's not if, but when. That is why entrust we will meet again on the gridiron in the not too distant future.  That is my prophecy.

• Content Count:  4,016

Bull,  The point I am trying to get across is that a lot of folks don't see the broad picture that I do.  You get some 20 year old who sees 4 games and is convinced all hope is lost.  I have been around for a while, trust me, just because the ship takes on water doesn't make it the Titanic.  The next reshuffle will find us along side you boys in the Big East.  I think most of you know it's not if, but when. That is why entrust we will meet again on the gridiron in the not too distant future.  That is my prophecy.

certainly you are correct all hope is not lost, and it is a marathon not a sprint.  Nor do I think UCF has taken on water, just veered off course in a manner of speaking when compared to USF's path.  Quite honestly the strides UCF has made in the past 15 compared to USF is nothing short of amazing.  UCF's athletic Department was nearly bankrupt and in debt to their eyeballs in 1994, USF was about where they are today.  I think that statement says it all on why USF's admission was to the BE ahead of UCF in 2003-04.

I would say there is a likelihood that 'if, or when' a reshuffle takes place we could be along side one another.  I wouldn't take it as a certainty though, because there is a possibility of USF moving too, and USF doesn't ignore that fact either.  Nor do I believe even if there was never a reshuffle that we would never play one another again.  In fact, throw-out reshuffling, because the likelihood of it actually occurring is still around 5 years away, and I believe within that time a USF v. UCF series will be rescheduled.  I've always advocated playing, just not annually for now.

On the 'reshuffling' scenario a lot depends on the BCS situation and what occurs.  The misconception with all of these third party dolts trying to crash the party, or claiming for inclusion, is that if they 'break-up the BCS' then that means they can have a playoff and all things become equal....actually nothing further from the truth could be the case.  Bowl games are contracted with conferences, except for BCS games.  They're independent of the NCAA...if Congress was to break-up the BCS, the bowl games would get the last laugh...they would simply break-off like they were in the past, and contract with their old historical conference alignments...in fact many of the bowls want to do this, the Rose Bowl hates the BCS alignment except when they get the NC game. 

The losers in that battle would be the small conferences, and in that situation if it happens I think it pushes back the reshuffling timetable.  If you're a UCF fan you want Congress to walk-away, and you want the B10 to keep getting fat and happy and eventually be stupid enough to do an ACC move by adding another non-geographic addition.  But if Congress breaks-up the BCS, and conferences need to realign with bowls then the B10 will backaway from any expansion talks.  They make more money with the BCS, more certain money that is, a change would mean they need to re-examine the hows and why's of expansion.

That is a fantastic post, BullPride.  Very well done. 

• Content Count:  639

I am not a fan of Oleary but as others have posted they 'he is running the program into the ground' is exaggerating...I think he's making the program stagnant in my opinion...we shall see what the future holds...UCF is too big a school w/ great facilities now to ignore forever...get any conference commissioner to do a campus tour when that time comes and I'll feel good about our chances

I am not a fan of Oleary but as others have posted they 'he is running the program into the ground' is exaggerating...I think he's making the program stagnant in my opinion...we shall see what the future holds...UCF is too big a school w/ great facilities now to ignore forever...get any conference commissioner to do a campus tour when that time comes and I'll feel good about our chances

The bottom line is that George O'Leary has won a C-USA championship while others have not, so that argument is fiction.

Archived