• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rivals has FIU ranked above UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

and u lost to us by 52 and fau almost beat us

Wow great logic.

But since you brought it up, FAU should have beaten USF if not for a phantom punt interference call by the Big East officials. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

and u lost to us by 52 and fau almost beat us

Wow great logic.

How is his logic different from yours?

• Content Count:  1,037

Even Brandon can't save them from this...

Almost too funny, but I am willing to take anyone's money on this board that thinks FIU or FAU finish above UCF this year.  It is an odd year and you don't bet against them on odd years.  Any takers?

I think the tables will turn this odd year and FAU/FIU will have a better year. They've got some good, young players coming back. UCF lost its entire secondary, and that will be very hard to overcome no matter how much you think otherwise. That's one of the main reasons we had a down year this past year.... wholes in the secondary are very difficult to replace with freshmen.

Even Brandon can't save them from this...

Almost too funny, but I am willing to take anyone's money on this board that thinks FIU or FAU finish above UCF this year.  It is an odd year and you don't bet against them on odd years.  Any takers?

I think the tables will turn this odd year and FAU/FIU will have a better year. They've got some good, young players coming back. UCF lost its entire secondary, and that will be very hard to overcome no matter how much you think otherwise. That's one of the main reasons we had a down year this past year.... wholes in the secondary are very difficult to replace with freshmen.

Losing the secondary will be difficult but UCF is also getting back several players A.J. Guyton was huge for UCF in 2007 and he missed the entire last season, Rocky Ross will also return after getting hurt last year.  Corey Rabazinski, also had a huge year in 2007, missed most of last year, he is back as well.  Add to that, Cliff McCray, and OL starter in 2008, left the team after his roommate, Ereck Plancher died, will return this year.  Finally, the biggest addition is subtraction, gone is Tim Salem's inept offense and in is Charlie Taffee.  On the defense, UCF returns the same starting seven from last year, a unit that ranked third in the country for tackles for loss.  A good DL and LB can make a shaky secondary look much better.  Also UCF played a lot of nickel and dime coverages in 2008 and this, along with special teams play, allowed many of the potential 2009 starters to see a fair amount of game action and gain some experience.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

yawn. are any of those players good?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Losing the secondary will be difficult but UCF is also getting back several players A.J. Guyton was huge for UCF in 2007 and he missed the entire last season, Rocky Ross will also return after getting hurt last year.  Corey Rabazinski, also had a huge year in 2007, missed most of last year, he is back as well.  Add to that, Cliff McCray, and OL starter in 2008, left the team after his roommate, Ereck Plancher died, will return this year.  Finally, the biggest addition is subtraction, gone is Tim Salem's inept offense and in is Charlie Taffee.  On the defense, UCF returns the same starting seven from last year, a unit that ranked third in the country for tackles for loss.  A good DL and LB can make a shaky secondary look much better.  Also UCF played a lot of nickel and dime coverages in 2008 and this, along with special teams play, allowed many of the potential 2009 starters to see a fair amount of game action and gain some experience.

So in other words this season y'all will dominate the last spot in the CUSA East instead of sharing it...  ::)

Kind a like how I feel about usf I guess.  But since you asked:

AJ Guyton - chose UCF over Miami, Minnestoa, Ole Miss, UNC, Pitt, Rutgers and oh yes USF. 

Rocky Ross -

Cory Rabazinski - great hands, not so good as a blocking TE but can definately outrun LB's.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

So UCiF is ranked LAST out of all the florida football teams?  We have been saying on this board that FAU will pass them, but didn't expect FIU to do so this quickly.

O'Leary is ruining that team.  They should run him out on a rail.  But they all believe he was born in a manger.

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Kind a like how I feel about usf I guess.  But since you asked:

AJ Guyton - chose UCF over Miami, Minnestoa, Ole Miss, UNC, Pitt, Rutgers and oh yes USF. 

Rocky Ross -

Cory Rabazinski - great hands, not so good as a blocking TE but can definately outrun LB's.

So, is this the moral victory video that UCiF is showing their recruits?

• Content Count:  1,037

That's a nice video, toejam, and it's a preview of how bad your secondary will be next year. That cornerback that got smoked arguably cost us 2-3 losses last year. We nicknamed him "toast." That's why he didn't get playing time until his senior year. I wish we would've benched him earlier in the year....

Archived