• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rivals has FIU ranked above UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

I wish we still had Coach Kruzcek, personally.  He used to light it up on premier BCS opponents, offensively.  Now, defense was a different story, but that was partly because we had no budget, no facilities, etc.  I remember back in '97, Daunte Culpepper had us up at the half against the defending National Champion Nebraska Cornhuskers.  A lot of that was the genius of Coach K.  Now it's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  That doesn't work against teams speed, hence us going 0-4 against the Bulls.  I saw that in game 1 of the series.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

I wish we still had Coach Kruzcek, personally.  He used to light it up on premier BCS opponents, offensively.  Now, defense was a different story, but that was partly because we had no budget, no facilities, etc.  I remember back in '97, Daunte Culpepper had us up at the half against the defending National Champion Nebraska Cornhuskers.  A lot of that was the genius of Coach K.  Now it's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  That doesn't work against teams speed, hence us going 0-4 against the Bulls.  I saw that in game 1 of the series.

Coach K was good, but not a very good guy at times though.  He hurt you all badly in recruiting, and coaching relationships.  As an offensive mind he was the best, and like O'Leary if he was allowed to have a budget to get good recruiters, and form better camps then things would have been fine.  However, being an ex-NFLer he had trouble with the grassroots thing like Leavitt.  Just came off too arrogant at times...but at one point you had him and Chizik...****!  If UCF only knew what they really had at the time things might have been different for ya.

• Content Count:  639

Coach K was good, but not a very good guy at times though.  He hurt you all badly in recruiting, and coaching relationships.  As an offensive mind he was the best, and like O'Leary if he was allowed to have a budget to get good recruiters, and form better camps then things would have been fine.  However, being an ex-NFLer he had trouble with the grassroots thing like Leavitt.  Just came off too arrogant at times...but at one point you had him and Chizik...****!  If UCF only knew what they really had at the time things might have been different for ya.

Coach K was arrogant but he has a great offensive mind...sadly I just don't think a guy like him can run a collegiate program cleanly...I'd love him as OC under a new HC but he would never accept a position like that w/ his NFl experience, etc...last I heard I think he was actually coaching a high school in Orlando after he was let go w/ the Arizona Cardinals.

Archived