• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Kevin Williams OR Daron Rose this season....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Not worried about no Kevin Williams, but No Daron Rose disappoints me, although its been highly speculated he wont end up here this year.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Rose not being eligible is a huge blow to the o-line. We needed that experience.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Looks like smazza actually predicted this back in Dec in this thread.

Looks like he was the only one.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=57228.0;all

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Pardon my French, but **** off K_L.

(Sorry, it needed to be said... the guy's like the roach that crawls out from under the fridge when you turn off the lights.)

• Content Count:  4,016

Rose not being eligible is a huge blow to the o-line. We needed that experience.

How is that a blow?  Everyone should have seen this coming with his academic course load and the fact he was going to miss the first 3 games which were pivotal games for the new line to gel. 

I never had much hope that Rose would provide much to this team in 2009 anyway.  The real keys are Savala, and Bass who both should be on campus any day.  We never signed Rose, it was just thought he would find his way here because he said he would.  Imagine this kid if he walked on campus in late August days after the fall practice started.  Having not played football in over 20 months, concentrating exclusively on studies....what could he have done?  It would have taken him 4 months just to get back in football shape.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Oh yeah, that's a prediction?

usf must be desperate

• Content Count:  1,757

Where did he predict anything. He stated "USF must be desperate." How is that a prediction that he would not qualify or play during the 2009 season?

• Content Count:  4,016

nor was USF acting 'desperate'...Leavitt makes a pact with many former recruits, especially local ones that if things don't workout he would accept them at USF.  Leavitt probably felt obliged to take Rose, both from a legacy standpoint and talent, but in no way did we need him.

Another reason why Leavitt probably said he 'probably won't make it to USF' is we also won't have a scholarship available for him.  We're taking 25 this fall from our signing class and it looks to be all filled up.  Rose would need to walk-on...and I would rather have Savala and Bass at this time than Rose...Joyer, and Jacques, and McGhin too.  At this point all have much brighter futures.

For that matter, if people are getting off stealing one from FSU, then Jatavious Jackson's value and window is much greater for USF at this point than Rose (and quite frankly could be another reason the staff feels they don't need to make room for Darren).  Jatavious Jackson had a fantastic spring at OT, and was up to over 285lbs this spring.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't look to Jatavious Jackson this fall. The consistent message I've gotten on him is that he's still a year away -- I don't think he plays this fall unless there are key injuries. A year from now, he could very well be competing for a starting job, though USF won't have any seniors on the offensive line this fall, so it'll be a deep group in 2010 ...

Archived