• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Kevin Williams OR Daron Rose this season....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Just remember that walk-ons have to get into USF as regular students, on their own academic merits ...

good point greg, and i think given your quotes from leavitt it's pretty obvious that if Rose gets eligible for the fall his most likely move is going to another school that can give him a schollie.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

everyone plays through injuries...and losing as favorites is like calling yourself the king of the nerds.  Is it really cool either way?

The play out is simple, if Rose is eligible he will either come to USF as a walk-on, or go elsewhere.  My guess, as you suggested, is due to his abilities other teams will show interest and he'll go somewhere that he could play immediately.

With all apologies to Mama if I'm putting words into her mouth... but I don't think she was trying to make excuses for the Bulls losses.  I think she was trying to indicate why Phil might not have been that far off base with his preseason predictions of USF being a national title contender last year.

How many schools can say they saw 1/2 of their defensive starters and several offensive starters get hurt in a singe game?  How many can say they saw their senior middle linebacker carried off the field in a helicopter?  I don't think Phil was that far off last preseason with those predictions.  Everyone has some attrition during the year, but the kind of damage we saw against in one game was absolutely an anomoly.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

everyone plays through injuries...and losing as favorites is like calling yourself the king of the nerds.  Is it really cool either way?

The play out is simple, if Rose is eligible he will either come to USF as a walk-on, or go elsewhere.  My guess, as you suggested, is due to his abilities other teams will show interest and he'll go somewhere that he could play immediately.

With all apologies to Mama if I'm putting words into her mouth... but I don't think she was trying to make excuses for the Bulls losses.  I think she was trying to indicate why Phil might not have been that far off base with his preseason predictions of USF being a national title contender last year.

How many schools can say they saw 1/2 of their defensive starters and several offensive starters get hurt in a singe game?  How many can say they saw their senior middle linebacker carried off the field in a helicopter?  I don't think Phil was that far off last preseason with those predictions.   Everyone has some attrition during the year, but the kind of damage we saw against in one game was absolutely an anomoly.

Exactly.

• Content Count:  827

Just remember that walk-ons have to get into USF as regular students, on their own academic merits ...

But isn't it much easier to get into USF with an AA than an incoming fresh out of high school?

As long as he completes his classes and gets his AA, I don't see it a problem getting into school on his own merits.

• Content Count:  7,890

But isn't it much easier to get into USF with an AA than an incoming fresh out of high school?

As long as he completes his classes and gets his AA, I don't see it a problem getting into school on his own merits.

Ture if a students gets his AA a state university has to take them

How many schools can say they saw 1/2 of their defensive starters and several offensive starters get hurt in a singe game?  How many can say they saw their senior middle linebacker carried off the field in a helicopter?  I don't think Phil was that far off last preseason with those predictions.   Everyone has some attrition during the year, but the kind of damage we saw against in one game was absolutely an anomoly.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't believe that Phil even predicted that USF would win the Big East last year, because we played @WVU. Nobody is making excuses. "Predictions," are just that and nobody gets it right all the time, but he is usually more right than wrong, on AVERAGE. There is nothing wrong with trying to "explain" where he went wrong.

This year, he picks USF third (26) behind Rutgers (18) and Pitt (23).  He likes Rutgers mainly because of their offensive line and favorable schedule. Much for the same reasons he liked us last year. Yet, one of his "projections" still has Pitt going undefeated.

Evidently, you aren't too thrilled with his predictions. 

i stay very nuetral when it comes to these things, I am not big on predictions or pre-season prognosticating.  I give my analysis but it hardly holds up, and in the end it's still kids out there playing football and a myraid of things can go wrong, or not happen which makes the prediction a faulty one.

Personally i like this year's team if for no other reason than the down year in the BE overall.  I judge teams on their playmakers, how many are returning, what returns.  You can return 18 starters but if all the playmakers are gone then it takes time to develop a playmaker.  Take RU, sure they're returning a good OL, but they're losing all their offensive playmakers plus a few on defense.  I've never seen an OL score a TD on it's own, particularly against similar skilled teams.  So if we've got the best DL, they've got the best OL, but their QB, WR's, TE's, and RB's are green then advantage USF.

But that's me, and in the end a prediction is only that sometimes right, sometimes wrong.  There is no way to spin out of 5 losses, we were not a great team last year.  But this is college football that doesn't mean we can't be great this year, or next....

• Content Count:  2,016

Ture if a students gets his AA a state university has to take them

Not true, if you get your A.A. a state University does not have to take you.  The law only requires that they must accept the transfer credits if you are accepted, provided that the transfer credits are under the State Common Course Numbering System.

• Content Count:  1,757

Twilly, no one is a bigger USF homer than me, but that was a pure excuse or an overly rosy projection.  After last season to say otherwise would be delusional like a UCF knight.  There are no moral victories here, we got beat on the field pure and simple.  I can understand 1-2 losses, but we never lost that many defensive starters in consecutive games.  You and mama are making execuses, and there are no excuse, and no 'and' 'or' and 'buts' when it comes to losing 5 games.  If we lost 2-3 games you both have a point, losing 5 games means phil and you both were off base on such a bold prediction for the Bulls.  we were in no position to contend for the national title, and don't forget we also played UCF, FIU, KU, and Uconn within a touchdown, so theoretically we were less than 28pts away from being3 and 9.  I can live with it, i don't need to sugarcoat it to still love my Bulls. 

Archived