• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Kevin Williams OR Daron Rose this season....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think some people confuse Phil Steele's rankings. He puts out a "Preseason Top 40" AND "Power" Rankings."

He specifically says in his 2008 magazine: "My preseason Top 40 are NOT my Power Rankings. As an example - Utah is ranked #23 in my Power Poll for overall talent rankings but due to a manageable schedule, I have them #14 as 4 of my eight sets of my ratings show them finishing with an unbeaten season."

Similarly, he had WVU #6 and USF #8 in his Preseason Top 40, but  WVU #12 and USF #13 in his Power Poll.

So, it is clear that he didn't think that USF had the talent to  even be considered a Top 10 team, but USF was NOT scheduled to play UF, USC and those other powerhouse teams and his Preseason Poll reflects that.

As it turned out, USF was the BETTING favorite in all of the games it lost, except for WVU, so Steele was pretty much on target. If we lose when we are a favorite, it's not his fault. LOL

This year, USF is #26 in his Preseason Poll. I don't know our "Power" Ranking.

This is what he has to say:

USF has lost more games as a favorite than any other team in the NCAA in the last few years. This year's squad has just 12 returning starters and last year they were -8 in TO's. I feel USF underachieved the L2Y and this time needs to live up to their talent level. The Bulls do have QB Grothe and one of the top D-lines in the country and are also 1 of 7 teams in the FBS to face 2 FCS teams. I'll call for them to have their first ever double digit win season in FBS play and highest ever finish in the post season rankings.

So, we can argue about that next year.  ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Just remember that walk-ons have to get into USF as regular students, on their own academic merits ...

But isn't it much easier to get into USF with an AA than an incoming fresh out of high school?

As long as he completes his classes and gets his AA, I don't see it a problem getting into school on his own merits.

Ture if a students gets his AA a state university has to take them

Not true, if you get your A.A. a state University does not have to take you.  The law only requires that they must accept the transfer credits if you are accepted, provided that the transfer credits are under the State Common Course Numbering System.

You're both sort of right. The articulation rules state that AA grads from a FL CC are guaranteed admission to ONE OF the SUS institutions. It doesn't specifically state that you get the one you want. The agreement also guarantees that the credits are transferable via the SCNS Buller64 mentioned.

Archived