• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls' 2005 football schedule unfilled

Guest HowieP1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Michigan WILL NOT sign any contract that requires them to come to Tampa, Their contracts with UM were for going up to Ann Arbor with no return. Yeah those teams listed need games but we are fooling ourselves if we think USF has enough draw to get any of them to Tampa.

As for bands i remember Troy St bringing their band down n performing at half time

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Forget the scholarship issue for 1AAs.  You can only use a 1AA team every 4 years for bowl eligibility.  Who knows, we may use TTU for this year and then can't use another for 4 years so it really doesn't matter if they meet the requirement or not.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

With four home games and five road games, USF is looking for two more home games in 2005.

I am so tired of this. Again with the six-home-games bull****. Memo to Doug Woolard: just call Charleston Southern now and get it over with.

ALL USF OOC HOME OPPONENTS, EXCEPT FOR THE MANDATED C-USA GAME, WILL BE I-AA UNTIL THE SIXTH HOME GAME IS DROPPED. Period. End of discussion. Unless we find someone dumb enough to fall for the "buy out the return game" trick, or stop booking one-way trips to Penn State and Auburn.

As for those of you longtimers who are sick of hearing me make this argument, deal with it. I'll stop b*tching about it when it stops crippling our schedule, and by extension our attendance/TV revenue/power ratings EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It's already cost us one bowl game.

Oh, and we'd we only need one home game for 2005 if we hadn't cancelled the Bowling Green series before this season... tell me again why we did that?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I am so tired of this. Again with the six-home-games bull****. Memo to Doug Woolard: just call Charleston Southern now and get it over with.

ALL USF OOC HOME OPPONENTS, EXCEPT FOR THE MANDATED C-USA GAME, WILL BE I-AA UNTIL THE SIXTH HOME GAME IS DROPPED. Period. End of discussion. Unless we find someone dumb enough to fall for the "buy out the return game" trick, or stop booking one-way trips to Penn State and Auburn.

As for those of you longtimers who are sick of hearing me make this argument, deal with it. I'll stop b*tching about it when it stops crippling our schedule, and by extension our attendance/TV revenue/power ratings EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It's already cost us one bowl game.

Oh, and we'd we only need one home game for 2005 if we hadn't cancelled the Bowling Green series before this season... tell me again why we did that?

Well, they probably would come if you paid them. Know any real good numbers for the LOTTO tonight? ;)

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Soooo....you can pretty much guarantee that the FAMU band will perform at halftime. The reason I mention that is because I don't seem to recall seeing any opposition bands performing in the past. Seems to me we had some high-school bands the first year or so, but that's about all I recall. ;)

In the 2003 season, when we played Nicholls State, they brought their band, and they played at halftime, followed by the USF Herd of Thunder

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

In the 2003 season, when we played Nicholls State, they brought their band, and they played at halftime, followed by the USF Herd of Thunder

****! I must have been at the concession stand. ;)  

...the point being that, if you're gonna trot out the "they have a good band" as a salve for another IAA game, you're really reaching.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Wooly,

FAMU's band is a reason to play FAMU - as opposed to one of the other I-AA teams that we could play.

If you have to choose between two I-AA teams, choosing the one with a fan base the travels well -- and has a decent band -- would be the way to go.

FAMU would sell more tickets than Oregon State.

Isn't that a good thing as well?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

Posted by: JimUSFSig Posted on: Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:38pm

Wooly,

FAMU's band is a reason to play FAMU - as opposed to one of the other I-AA teams that we could play.

If you have to choose between two I-AA teams, choosing the one with a fan base the travels well -- and has a decent band -- would be the way to go.

FAMU would sell more tickets than Oregon State.

Isn't that a good thing as well?  

I agree

Famu is a good choice if it has to be 1aa

and their marching 100 plus their fans would be a bonus

wouldnt mind fiu either

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

On the right weekend, FAMU could easily bring over 5,000 fans from all over Florida.  Plus I have seen the band and yes you guys are correct - they will be a big draw alone for people who have witnessed the spectacle.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

We will be a BCS team next year.  Good teams are more likely to come and play a game here in Tampa.  Nebraska I know does home/away series with BCS teams.