• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ANGRY!!! I don't know who we need to FIRE/CUT...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

...BUT OUR BASKETBALL PROGRAM IS A JOKE RIGHT NOW!!!

WHY DO WE KEEP PUTTING UP WITH MEDIOCRITY?!?!?!  WE ARE USF!!! 

WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO SETON HALL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS IN THE FIRST ROUNDS OF CONFERENCE TOURNEYS!!!

I AM PISSED!!! I AM DONE WITH THE MEDIOCRITY!!!

DOUG WOOLARD SHOULD BE PISSED!!! CAUSE I KNOW THE FANS ARE!!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!  WHY CAN EVERY OTHER ATHLETIC TEAM ON CAMPUS SHOW UP FOR THEIR SEASONS AND BASKETBALL STINKS UP THE PLACE!!!!

IM DONE!!! I LOVE THE BASKETBULLS!!! BUT THIS IS NOT A TEAM...ITS AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!

IM DONE WITH IT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

will comment similar to the phillip rivers mentor post...

if you are a basketball season ticket holder, please sell your tickets and never show up again. "fans" like you slow the progression of the program. you are obviously the type of fan that thought that USF would get a bid to the NCAAT when we upset Marquette, but quickly dismissed the coach's credibility after a losing streak...but then, all of a sudden, we beat Cincy and we can make a run in the Big East tournament!

seriously, stfu.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO SETON HALL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS IN THE FIRST ROUNDS OF CONFERENCE TOURNEYS!!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!  WHY CAN EVERY OTHER ATHLETIC TEAM ON CAMPUS SHOW UP FOR THEIR SEASONS AND BASKETBALL STINKS UP THE PLACE!!!!

IM DONE!!! I LOVE THE BASKETBULLS!!! BUT THIS IS NOT A TEAM...ITS AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!

IM DONE WITH IT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Maybe the team will show some passion when our 'fans' actually show up to home games and act like they care and they too have some passion. I've been following the team since the late 80s and our fanbase had more passion when we played in the SunDome than we do now, playing in the country's toughest conference. Maybe if our players thought anyone really cared it would be different.

Bottom line: we are losing b/c we don't have enough talent. We have two legit BigEast palyers in Jones and Gilchrist. When you only average around 55pts/game its going to be hard to win in this league. We need to find more scorers, however if fans did their part and packed the building like we used to in the late 80s/early 90s perhaps we can actually start making the SunDome an intimidating place to play again for visiting teams. That could help win a few more games, which will lead to better recruiting, better tourney seedings etc...

Fans are just as important in building a program....and to date we collectively are not doing our part. Think about that next time you want rant and rave...

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

HULK ANGRY, HULK SMASH!  ;D I couldn't help myself, I had to throw in an incredible hulk reference since it seemed so appropriate for this thread. In all seriousness, however, other than Dan Hipsher, USF doesn't have an assistant coach worth a hill of beans. I don't think either Samuels or Hanson are effective recruiters or decent coaches.

• Content Count:  1,985

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

IM DONE WITH IT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Sorry, but what other Men's team has shown up?  Football? Baseball? Soccer has. Golf?  

• Content Count:  21

and, btw, you stupid ****...

seton hall is not a vocational school.

Seton Hall is made up of nine different schools and colleges with an undergraduate enrollment of about 5,200 students and a graduate enrollment of about 4,500. Its School of Law, which is ranked by US News & World Report as one of the top law schools in the nation has an enrollment of about 1,200 students. For 2009, BusinessWeek's "Colleges with the Biggest Returns" ranked Seton Hall among the top 50 universities in the nation that open doors to the highest salaries.[4] Seton Hall's Stillman School of Business is ranked 57 out of the top 100 undergraduate business schools according to BusinessWeek.

so again, stfu

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I always look forward to this particular hysterical, emotional, incoherent rant/post and poster.

We're a long way away still. 

i love the posters that accept losing so easily

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

IM DONE WITH IT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Maybe the team will show some passion when our 'fans' actually show up to home games and act like they care and they too have some passion. I've been following the team since the late 80s and our fanbase had more passion when we played in the SunDome than we do now, playing in the country's toughest conference. Maybe if our players thought anyone really cared it would be different.

Bottom line: we are losing b/c we don't have enough talent. We have two legit BigEast palyers in Jones and Gilchrist. When you only average around 55pts/game its going to be hard to win in this league. We need to find more scorers, however if fans did their part and packed the building like we used to in the late 80s/early 90s perhaps we can actually start making the SunDome an intimidating place to play again for visiting teams. That could help win a few more games, which will lead to better recruiting, better tourney seedings etc...

Fans are just as important in building a program....and to date we collectively are not doing our part. Think about that next time you want rant and rave...

cant blame fans for poor performance on the field

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Against my better judgment, with all the passion in this topic, I'm going to toss in my  :2cents. 

There just isn't anyone to blame in this.  USF has no successful basketball history to speak of, especially at this level.  They are in a conference with teams that have tons of history, national titles and recruits wanting to come.  How do you combat that?  John Wooden isn't walking through that door.  Time and a consistent approach are the only things that may get USF basketball to respectability.  And by that I mean playing .500 in conference.  Changing coaches every 3 years isn't going to help. 

Fans being pissed off doesn't do anyone any good.  Smazza thinking accepting mediocrity is a horrible thing doesn't change anything.  They are recruiting and playing against great basketball programs.  There is no choice BUT to accept it.  Living most of my life in NJ I've watched Seton Hall, St. Johns and Villanova most of my life.  They've all had their share of success.  Even Rutgers had one run back in the mid 70's I believe with Phil Sellers, Dabney and Copeland.  There is a lot of good basketball up there.  Just like Florida is a hotbed for football recruits, the Northeast has basketball players.  With the exception of Villanova, these aren't even the really good teams I'm talking about. 

If playing .500 ball in the Big East doesn't seem like something to strive for, you probably will be better off not watching or caring.  Because even that is going to take years to achieve.  Let's say your a top recruit in Camden, NJ.  You get approached by Villanova (and all the Big 5 teams in Philly), Georgetown, UConn and South Florida.  After the "is that in Miami?" question, if the kid wants to play for a national title, where is he going to go?  Like I said, this isn't anyone's fault.  It is just the way it is.

• Content Count:  1,261

I always look forward to this particular hysterical, emotional, incoherent rant/post and poster.

Indeed. It's always a helpful way to tell who needs to go on the old Ignore list.

Seriously, everyone knew the team's shortcomings back in November. I don't understand why it would take someone 33 games to suddenly get angry.

I pretty sure that I'm acting like any Passionate fan would, after a performance like that at our first ever "appearance" at MSG. 

Untrue. 5th ever.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

before any1 decides to ***** at him for posting this...

ask yourself, deep inside.... don't you agree?

Normally, I would, but my indifference for usf basketball is growing.

Archived