• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ANGRY!!! I don't know who we need to FIRE/CUT...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks raging.

I think the team this year made strides.  Is it where the fans want it to be?  No.  Is it where Doug Woolard ( a basketball guy) and Stan Heath want it to be?  Absolutely not.

Anybody with a lick of knowledge about college hoops understands the situation here and that, as mentioned, time is needed..... along with money. If some want to get angry about it, fine, it shows they still care, but calling for heads to roll ... at this point .... is not the answer.

OK ok...i'll calm down now.  Just had to get that out...i don't know if you noticed, but I posted that RIGHT after the game. lol

I understand its going to take some time...but, honestly i'm still not seeing the results.  They still seem to "Give-up" in the end and they don't have any level of passion or pride when taking the court.  Shear mental state can completely change your performance on the court.  I know these guys don't go out there WANTING to lose or not WANTING to win, that is, however they certainly dont look like they THINK/KNOW they can win.  And thats what we'll need to be able to hang with this conference in the future...along with smarter play, which comes with better players I guess.  But sheesh...its just so frustrating...i know ALL of you can agree with me on that.

I'm sorry for my rantings guys...i just lost it!  I understand if some of you want to block me.  lol  I don't post too often anymore since im traveling alot this year and don't get to my comp much. 

Thanks fr dealing with me...

wheeeew...anywho!  GO BULLS!!!

Like I said, at least you still care ..... and what's so frustrating is this year is that with Ajayi and Mercer playing we would have, hopefully, been able to put together two halves more often than we did and had 2 or 3 more wins to build on for next year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Trip, I don't know about Mercer.  It seemed taht there was some bad mojo aruond the team when he began playing and it went away after he was booted.  Maybe I am reading into it, but wasn't the Puerto Rico trip right after Mercer and Gilchrist started playing?

Brett has these Stan Heath quotes on his blog: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/heath-usf-took-baby-steps-in-09/

(emphasis added by me)...

“We knew this was a historic day for us, our first experience in the Big East Tournament,†USF coach Stan Heath said. “We certainly wanted to make it a special first day. We’re disappointed it didn’t happen.â€

“There were plusses and minuses,†Heath said. “We wanted to win more games this year, but we took baby steps.

“We won more games [in Big East play], we were able to win against a top 10 team. That never had happened in our history and we were able to do it minus three potential starters a lot of the time down the stretch, which is huge.â€

“We’ve got improve over the summer,†Heath said. “We have to get stronger. Certain guys have different things [to improve on].

“We hung in there, I’m proud of these guys. Battling the competition we face, maybe the strongest this league has ever been. We hung in there, you can’t blame our guys for that. It was a very challenging year.â€

Trip, I don't know about Mercer.  It seemed taht there was some bad mojo aruond the team when he began playing and it went away after he was booted.  Maybe I am reading into it, but wasn't the Puerto Rico trip right after Mercer and Gilchrist started playing?

That would make sense .... Puerto Rico is certainly where this program hit rock bottom.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO SETON HALL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS IN THE FIRST ROUNDS OF CONFERENCE TOURNEYS!!!

You do realize that Seton Hall has a pretty good basketball tradition don't you?

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

WE SHOULD NOT BE LOSING TO SETON HALL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS IN THE FIRST ROUNDS OF CONFERENCE TOURNEYS!!!

You do realize that Seton Hall has a pretty good basketball tradition don't you?

Yes I do Mr. Grothe...I was just upset that a school like Seton Hall(even though they have made it to the Final Four before) can beat down on us.  Like I said before...I was upset and said some stuff I shouldnt have.

I mean...their band sucked!!!  At least HOT showed up...and their cheerleaders were sub-par...so, theres another bright point.  GO SUN DOLLS!!!

lol

Im just pissed that a huge University like USF cannot have great basketball traditions like the little colleges like Seton Hall and St Johns.  We have alot to work on as far as excellence is concerned...and I get upset when the Band and Cheerleaders do their part MORE than the FREAKIN TEAM!!!

Sorry...i'll stop again...

Thats all...I know that everyone in this conference has been to a final four but us. I know this...BUT...I am just asking for a little more heart and competitiveness.  Thats all...I don't like regressing...

The win against marquette was nice...but we've seen it all before.  When are we going to get a win STREAK in conference???

We've beaten ranked teams before at the dome...Marquette just HAPPENEND to be no8 when we beat our 1 RANKED team this year.

Remember beating No16 Georgetown 3 years ago?  Or how about beating No19 Notre Dame at home 2 years ago?

How about UConn last year...that game was pretty close.  This happens all the time...we beat 1 or 2 ranked teams and call it a good season...

I just want to beat the teams we match up with more...

I WAS glad to beat Depaul TWICE this year...that made me happy.  Because we actually showed that we could play consistently against a team in conference and show that we were better than them EVERY time.  No how about other weaker teams...

Why don't we play a full GAME?!?!?!

Why don't we press?!?!?!?

Where's the passion...???

Where's chris howard slapping the court...or somebody leading this team somewhere?!?!?!

Ok...im starting to go into a rant now...

I'll stop again...

I love this school so much...and it just pains me to go through this year AFTER year AFTER year.  I'm sick of it...

Block me if you want...

But I want voices like mine to be heard. 

I know that most of you out there feel the same way...but you are just letting it slide and saying, its just USF Basketball.  Well...I've got news for you...that excuse is not good enough.  We are better than that...and basketball needs to be better than this!

Ugh...

lol

Later folks...

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I know that most of you out there feel the same way...but you are just letting it slide and saying, its just USF Basketball.  Well...I've got news for you...that excuse is not good enough.  We are better than that No, we aren't...and basketball needs to be better than this!  Yes, it does.

Ugh...

lol

Later folks...

GO BULLS!!!

Yes I do Mr. Grothe...

Wrong 'flip" ...  ::)

*sigh* ..... ******** and moaning about the problem will do NOTHING to resolve it. The problem is lack of BE talent ...and hopefully Stan is working on rectifying that the best he can WITH THE RESOURCES HE HAS. Not sure how many times this point has to be pounded into people's heads .... You want your voice to be heard? Send it on a cd to DW with 6 figure check attached earmarked for basketball.

• Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but what resources are we talking about?  Specifically, what resources does the football team have that the basketball team does not have?  Clearly, running a D1 basketball program is significantly less expensive than running a football program (smaller squad, smaller coaching staff, much lower cost to outfit each player - granted, travel costs are in there, but again, transporting a smaller group of people - does that even out?) . So - what does the football team have to offer that allows them to attract and retain top talent that the basketball program does not have?  Money may not be the answer here.

Archived