• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

any help from fellow alumni

jmbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Any mod that see this, just erase the thread. 

Actually, although this particular thread has not produced the results that the original poster may have desired, he may have been on to something with his intent.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to sticky a thread within this section devoted exclusively to Bulls networking.  Alumni with established positions could post opportunities that become available within their places of employment and, likewise, USF-educated job seekers could post their desires and qualifications. 

Bullspen has already been both a source of entertainment and practical usefulness.  This sort of feature can only enhance its handiness.

For what it’s worth, I am interested in such a forum because I am about to become a job-seeker myself upon graduation in May.  If the mods here consent to a thread dedicated to this particular type of networking, I would be more than willing (in fact, I would desire) to initiate things. 

I'll ask the boss (aka Bulliever) what he thinks. Sounds like a possibility.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I work for USF... here are some OPS openings that you may or may not qualify for... they don't have benefits but they have a pay check.

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/HR/Employment/OPSbyTitle.html

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What's your degree in?  I don't know of any job opening at my company, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

So, entry level what?  You wont get an engineering job with a music degree. It's important to let people know what you're working with.

• Content Count:  2,277

Any mod that see this, just erase the thread. 

Actually, although this particular thread has not produced the results that the original poster may have desired, he may have been on to something with his intent.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to sticky a thread within this section devoted exclusively to Bulls networking.  Alumni with established positions could post opportunities that become available within their places of employment and, likewise, USF-educated job seekers could post their desires and qualifications. 

Bullspen has already been both a source of entertainment and practical usefulness.  This sort of feature can only enhance its handiness.

For what its worth, I am interested in such a forum because I am about to become a job-seeker myself upon graduation in May.  If the mods here consent to a thread dedicated to this particular type of networking, I would be more than willing (in fact, I would desire) to initiate things. 

I'll ask the boss (aka Bulliever) what he thinks. Sounds like a possibility.

This would be a good idea for a thread or even a section of the board.  Maybe an area listing referrals to local Bulls business owners would be a good idea too.

• Content Count:  478

Not that we want to use facebook or linkedin or anything like that - but Young Professionals of Tampa Bay has a directory that is simple and easy to see on facebook. I would be more than happy to set one up on here - or on linkedin or facebook if thats what people prefer.

here is what YPTB looks like (sorry if you can't see it bc you dont have FB)

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?ref=search&init=q&q=groups&sid=21a34a6040fa2debad3bbd085d914c26#/topic.php?uid=17150011026&topic=6422

Its just

your name

position

company/organization

contact info

we can add:

area of "expertise"

major in college

year of graduation

other graduate degrees/certificates

professional/social orgs you currently are involved in

groups you were in while in college

I know that there are currently several linkedin alumni groups and tons of alumni facebook groups but to have an actual directory of people from this online community might be fun too.

Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

What's your degree in?  I don't know of any job opening at my company, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

So, entry level what?  You wont get an engineering job with a music degree. It's important to let people know what you're working with.

Yeah, I think a reason there really hasn't been much useful response is the lack of any specific information regarding background or desired field.

Sorry, but especially in the current job market employers aren't gonna go out of their way to track you down.  If they see a short posting and it doesn't have enough specific information they probably just move on to another thread.

• Content Count:  684

tried asking the same ? with reply #2

• Content Count:  470

I am not sure if some of these last quotes have been directed toward me or the original poster.  In either case, I am going to respond as it is a golden opportunity to throw my credentials into the public. 

I graduate in May with dual majors, International Studies and Religious Studies.  I am a member of the Honors College and will finish with a GPA greater than 3.8.  I served in the Army honorably for about four years prior to attending school; this pretty much constitutes the totality of my previous work experience.

I know my degree is going to be in a fairly obscure subject, but I am hoping my academic success weighs as heavily as the material I studied.  I thank you all in advance for any assistance that you can provide!

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  808

I am not sure if some of these last quotes have been directed toward me or the original poster.  In either case, I am going to respond as it is a golden opportunity to throw my credentials into the public. 

I graduate in May with dual majors, International Studies and Religious Studies.  I am a member of the Honors College and will finish with a GPA greater than 3.8.  I served in the Army honorably for about four years prior to attending school; this pretty much constitutes the totality of my previous work experience.

I know my degree is going to be in a fairly obscure subject, but I am hoping my academic success weighs as heavily as the material I studied.  I thank you all in advance for any assistance that you can provide!

What did you do in the military? Do you have a clearance? Shoot me an email daniel.griggs@socom.mil

Archived