• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

any help from fellow alumni

jmbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

hey guys. So i was wondering if any of you guys that work at offices or anywhere else for that matter, know of any job openings. Entry level stuff. As you can see, Im posting here because I am starting to lose hope and I really dont want to leave Tampa. So if any of you have any leads on any openings, that would be great. if not, thats fine. haha. I really dont want to result to walmart with my USF degree.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

We (Norwegian Cruise Line) will have a few openings in April, but it's down in Miami. I didn't have any luck either in Tampa.

• Content Count:  260

hey guys. So i was wondering if any of you guys that work at offices or anywhere else for that matter, know of any job openings. Entry level stuff. As you can see, Im posting here because I am starting to lose hope and I really dont want to leave Tampa. So if any of you have any leads on any openings, that would be great. if not, thats fine. haha. I really dont want to result to walmart with my USF degree.

When you are looking for a job it would probably be a good idea to write like a professional, not a middle school student.

When you are looking for a job it would probably be a good idea to write like a professional, not a middle school student.

because writing in a forum and fan forum.. you know what, thanks for the advice fellow alumn. Any mod that see this, just erase the thread. Its obvious it was pointless to think a fellow alumni would be able to give some help. And I am completely sure I can write better than you. Thanks for the help anyways.

• Content Count:  470

Any mod that see this, just erase the thread. 

Actually, although this particular thread has not produced the results that the original poster may have desired, he may have been on to something with his intent.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to sticky a thread within this section devoted exclusively to Bulls networking.  Alumni with established positions could post opportunities that become available within their places of employment and, likewise, USF-educated job seekers could post their desires and qualifications. 

Bullspen has already been both a source of entertainment and practical usefulness.  This sort of feature can only enhance its handiness.

For what it’s worth, I am interested in such a forum because I am about to become a job-seeker myself upon graduation in May.  If the mods here consent to a thread dedicated to this particular type of networking, I would be more than willing (in fact, I would desire) to initiate things. 

Any mod that see this, just erase the thread. 

Actually, although this particular thread has not produced the results that the original poster may have desired, he may have been on to something with his intent.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to sticky a thread within this section devoted exclusively to Bulls networking.  Alumni with established positions could post opportunities that become available within their places of employment and, likewise, USF-educated job seekers could post their desires and qualifications. 

Bullspen has already been both a source of entertainment and practical usefulness.  This sort of feature can only enhance its handiness.

For what it’s worth, I am interested in such a forum because I am about to become a job-seeker myself upon graduation in May.  If the mods here consent to a thread dedicated to this particular type of networking, I would be more than willing (in fact, I would desire) to initiate things. 

I know right... Like I mentioned on my first post Im not looking to be handed anything. Just an entry level position. Yet like the other guy said, maybe Im not qualified since I write like a middle schooler on a fan forum. Ill just result to walmart with my USF degree. haha. And thanks Chris (ctbrown24) for the heads up, ill look into it if I cant find anything by then.

• Content Count:  478

I doubt you would write like that AT your future place of employment or in any class in college.  Or at least I hope you wouldn't ;)

I would be happy to help you. Send me your stuff. I help kids get a job after college for a living - and I do resumes and cover letters and career coaching as a little side business. some people on this board have used me - I would be HAPPY to help you prepare for the "real world" and help you with your resume. just PM me or send me an email - and of course, I wouldn't charge a new Bull Alum! :)

I can also send you a list of books to read, local networking organizations to join in your field and some other stuff related to job hunting. its tough out there and alumni need to stick together! :)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Are you in the Alumni Association?  That is pretty much designed for networking with all USF alumni in the area.  They even have meet and greets at breakfast.  If you're not in the Alumni Association I would suggest joining.

• Content Count:  937

Are you in the Alumni Association?  That is pretty much designed for networking with all USF alumni in the area.  They even have meet and greets at breakfast.  If you're not in the Alumni Association I would suggest joining.

They also have job listings on their site too, with like 15 jobs available hahahahaa

Archived