• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Burnham's bucket list

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

"This is part of my Bucket List," said the 67-year-old Burnham, referencing the Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman movie in which the two characters run through a list of things they want to do before they kick the bucket. "This is something I've always dreamed about. It's a great opportunity for him, and we're excited to try to do something together as a family."

Per Greg's blog

So do we buy Wally's statement or speculate about how afwul it was for him to work with CJL?

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

How long was Burnham going to stay at USF?  He had an opportunity to coach with his son, Kiffin did it, and if I was put in the same situation, I would probably do the exact same thing. Wake up people.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

correct me if im wrong though....wallly's son isnt going to be the Head Coach.  he is just another coach on the staff.  so if it was all about working with his son why did he wait until it was Iowa St?  so the pay had SOMETHING to do with it and who knows about that whole CJL thing. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

correct me if im wrong though....wallly's son isnt going to be the Head Coach.  he is just another coach on the staff.  so if it was all about working with his son why did he wait until it was Iowa St?  so the pay had SOMETHING to do with it and who knows about that whole CJL thing. 

There wasn't a spot for his son on USF's staff.  Leavitt does the hiring.

The CJL thing is a bunch of hooey.  Wally Burnham could have easily found another job in the past nine years if he didn't want to coach with Leavitt.  Burnham is one of the best linebacker coaches ever, and he's a pretty **** good DC also.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

correct me if im wrong though....wallly's son isnt going to be the Head Coach.  he is just another coach on the staff.  so if it was all about working with his son why did he wait until it was Iowa St?

Because his son was at Elon before Iowa State, maybe ....?

so the pay had SOMETHING to do with it

Sheer conjecture, your honor ...

and who knows about that whole CJL thing.

I'm sure Oliver Stone has a bead on it ...

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

His son is now coaching for a BCS club.  Sure it's crummy Iowa State, but they're Big 12.  I can see why Burnham wouldn't want to leave USF for a I-AA earlier on, but this opportunity for him is big.  His son is close by.  He might have grandkids as well for all I know.  He also has the opportunity to help a program perpetually in the gutter turn around.  He already helped USF come up from nothing.

I'm sure he's being paid well and a dollar does go farther in Iowa, but it's really about working with his son. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I believe Greg's post also mentioned something about Wally's son just having his first child as well, so maybe he wants to be around his grand kid too?

Archived