• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Charleston Southern

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I've been trying to think of how to handle this situation.  I considered pulling my season tickets in protest of the two 1AA games, but that punishes myself more than the school.

Actually it punishes the school more ....

I was planning on becoming lifetime alumni association members with my wife and becoming Green Jacket donors this year, but I've decided to forgo that and send an angry letter to the athletics department.  It's the best I can do.

Are you ******* kidding me?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I've been trying to think of how to handle this situation.  I considered pulling my season tickets in protest of the two 1AA games, but that punishes myself more than the school.

Actually it punishes the school more ....

I was planning on becoming lifetime alumni association members with my wife and becoming Green Jacket donors this year, but I've decided to forgo that and send an angry letter to the athletics department.  It's the best I can do.

Are you ******* kidding me?

yeah, get real, Martin.  We have FSU and Miami on our schedule.  FSU played 2 FCS teams last year and no one cares about that now.

Guest USF-TechGuy

With all honesty...

Can't something be done against Rutgers conference-wise?

They basically screwed a fellow conference member.  Conference members are supposed to be like a competitive family.

Can't USF or the conference commish do some sort of reprimand or penalty.. or at least a public warning/notice about this? ???

It was a very very underhanded thing for them to do so late in the off-season with absolutely no warning.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

This is a joke.  I would rather have traveled to a 1-A school and have 5 home games then to schedule another 1-AA.  Basically we will have 4 home games this year as I don't consider these teams as competition.  I know this is FIU's fault, but there are still 1-A teams out there looking to complete their schedule.  CSU, give me a break.

Next year's home schedule is even worse.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

With all honesty...

Can't something be done against Rutgers conference-wise?

They basically screwed a fellow conference member.  Conference members are supposed to be like a competitive family.

Can't USF or the conference commish do some sort of reprimand or penalty.. or at least a public warning/notice about this? ???

It was a very very underhanded thing for them to do so late in the off-season with absolutely no warning.

Just beat the ever-living crap out of them when we play them. Run up the score. And when you play them again the following season.....do it again. That'll show em'!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I hope other schools' fans are canceling tickets and donations too and we're not just overreacting ....  :)

Michigan has completed its 2009 schedule with a first-ever meeting against Delaware State on Oct. 17

Syracuse added Maine to its 2009 schedule

Duke added N.C. Central to its 2009 nonconference schedule

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

This is a joke.  I would rather have traveled to a 1-A school and have 5 home games then to schedule another 1-AA.  Basically we will have 4 home games this year as I don't consider these teams as competition.  I know this is FIU's fault, but there are still 1-A teams out there looking to complete their schedule.  CSU, give me a break.

Next year's home schedule is even worse.

You might had been ok with it but there is a HUGE difference moneywise between 5 and 6 home games. Is the main reason that the NCAA allowed a 12 game schedule so that more schools could benefit from another home game.

As for other 1A teams having opening, some of you seem to think that all USF has to do is call and get a game. Many of those schools are NOT interested in playing USF and signing a MAC or SunBelt team to a 1-1 deal means that now you have given out another future date to an unatractive opponent. How much difference would our gate be if instead of ChaSo we played Ohio? Noone but a 1AA was going to come for a 1 game deal.

It is what is,everyone was hunk-dory when we had FIU and Indiana in schedule, we were throwing flowers when our AD dropped Indiana for FSU and now we are redy to not buy tickets because we are playing ChaSo instead of FIU?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

This does suck, and I suspect FIU will never appear on another USF athletic schedule as long as Woolard is the AD. (And God help Rutgers if they ever fall way behind in a football game against them. Leavitt already hates their guts.) But everyone complaining about how they don't want to buy tickets is admitting that they care more about seeing USF's opponents than they do about seeing USF.

Also I would publish the circumstances leading to this game in bold, 24-point font on the media notes that night, so that everyone understands that we got screwed by FIU and a dirtbag in our own conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Couple of thoughts on this.  First, I'm going to any home game whether it is Char South or Ohio U or whomever.  This could make getting any bowl bid tougher with 1 less shot at a D-1 school.

Second, I sure hope the people threatening not to renew on this thread aren't the same ones complaining that we don't pay our Coordinators and asst. coaches enough. 

Come on people, Doug Woolard and his staff work very hard at what they do.  Maybe the team will take out our frustrations on Rutgers for us.  We were put in a bad situation and sometimes you can't pull that rabbit out of a hat.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Courtesy USF

USF Completes 2009 Football Schedule with Charleston Southern

USF’s 2009 home non-conference schedule is one of the most attractive in program history.  The Bulls travel to Florida State on Sept. 26 and host in-state foe Miami during the Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 28).  The Bulls also host Wofford (Sept. 5) and travel to Western Kentucky (Sept. 12).

They are kidding right????  The most attractive non-conference HOME schedules?  That would be Wofford(FCS), Charleston Southern(FCS), and Miami.

I know this is a PR News release, but please don't insult my intelligence.

So what year had a more attractive non-conference home schedule?

I went back and looked at past OOC home schedules, fully expecting there to be an answer to this question, but there isn't one. The only year that is even in the running was 2007, when USF played Elon, North Carolina and UCF. Playing to FBS schools beats playing two FCS schools, but I think playing Miami is more attractive than UNC and UCF.

Archived