• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Charleston Southern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

We ditched Indiana for FSU

FIU ditched us for a 1aa team

No big deal I think overall we still have a Great schedule.

Some of you guys need to man up and enjoy football

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We have some real loser on this board.

USF punishing us ? It's the other way around. We just don't have the fans in number to support a bigger name ... it's a financial situation. Our fans have shown in the past that a lowly 1A or 1AA team are equal in excitment.

When our fans grow and come to see OUR BULLS regularly, we'll be able to pay for name games.

Some need to face reality.

Playing a little 1A or 1AA team will make NO difference on our season's outcome on the field ... or at the turnstile unfortunately.

AND . . . I love to see the BULLS defeat the Bucs  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Courtesy USF

USF Completes 2009 Football Schedule with Charleston Southern

USF’s 2009 home non-conference schedule is one of the most attractive in program history.  The Bulls travel to Florida State on Sept. 26 and host in-state foe Miami during the Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 28).  The Bulls also host Wofford (Sept. 5) and travel to Western Kentucky (Sept. 12).

They are kidding right????  The most attractive non-conference HOME schedules?  That would be Wofford(FCS), Charleston Southern(FCS), and Miami.

I know this is a PR News release, but please don't insult my intelligence.

So what year had a more attractive non-conference home schedule?

I went back and looked at past OOC home schedules, fully expecting there to be an answer to this question, but there isn't one. The only year that is even in the running was 2007, when USF played Elon, North Carolina and UCF. Playing to FBS schools beats playing two FCS schools, but I think playing Miami is more attractive than UNC and UCF.

Exactly ... A home ooc schedule that includes one of the Big 3 for the first time ever beats anything we've had in the past, even if the other ooc games are all 1-AA's ...

• Content Count:  645

Courtesy USF

USF’s 2009 home non-conference schedule is one of the most attractive in program history.  The Bulls travel to Florida State on Sept. 26 and host in-state foe Miami during the Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 28).  The Bulls also host Wofford (Sept. 5) and travel to Western Kentucky (Sept. 12).

They are kidding right????  The most attractive non-conference HOME schedules?  That would be Wofford(FCS), Charleston Southern(FCS), and Miami.

I went back and looked at past OOC home schedules, fully expecting there to be an answer to this question, but there isn't one. The only year that is even in the running was 2007, when USF played Elon, North Carolina and UCF. Playing to FBS schools beats playing two FCS schools, but I think playing Miami is more attractive than UNC and UCF.

Exactly ... A home ooc schedule that includes one of the Big 3 for the first time ever beats anything we've had in the past, even if the other ooc games were all 1-AA's..... and they almost are.  ;)

I guess this is where we disagree.  I believe that 2007 was a more attractive schedule.  Anytime 2 out of the 3 ooc home games are 1-AA is not a good schedule.  Now I am not saying I won't be there, and I am just waiting for the information to come to renew my season tickets, but I am dissapointed in 2 1-AA(FCS) schools.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So, I'm still supposed to give my money to the program and be happy with this?

Yeah, I may be bitter, but what am I supposed to be?  Happy?

As a season ticket holder I pay the same price for 6 tickets.  Two of the games are not even going to be fun to watch.  So, we got FSU and Miami.  Great.  I'll gladly pay to go to those games.

We also have Charleston Southern and some other team I can't even name.  I'm supposed to pay the same amount for these games?  We should get a discount because it's just revenue scheduling for the school.  I get called out because I don't want to reward the school for what feels like them jipping the fans.

I'm still a fan, but I'm not happy about this move.  As was mentioned above.  The school wont get the extra $2,000 I was going to give them, but hey they'll make more than that with the second 1AA game.  I'd still rather have worked out 5 home games this year and 7 the next.  It seems to be a wash, but what do I know.

Courtesy USF

Exactly ... A home ooc schedule that includes one of the Big 3 for the first time ever beats anything we've had in the past, even if the other ooc games were all 1-AA's..... and they almost are.  ;)

I guess this is where we disagree.  I believe that 2007 was a more attractive schedule.  Anytime 2 out of the 3 ooc home games are 1-AA is not a good schedule.  Now I am not saying I won't be there, and I am just waiting for the information to come to renew my season tickets, but I am dissapointed in 2 1-AA(FCS) schools.

We will disagree ... Playing a Big 3 at home is HUGE and offsets anything else. I'm not happy about the 2 1-AA's but, to me, non-BCS is non-BCS. Charleston Southern isn't that different from playing FIU, FAU, even UCF. It's a no win situation. You're supposed to beat all of them ... and as far as bowl implications go, I've got no problem at all having to beat 5 BCS teams to get to a bowl this year.

And I'm glad you're not one of the short sided types who even considered not renewing or getting season tix this year because of the predicament USF was put in ...

So, I'm still supposed to give my money to the program and be happy with this?

Yeah, I may be bitter, but what am I supposed to be?  Happy?

As a season ticket holder I pay the same price for 6 tickets.  Two of the games are not even going to be fun to watch.  So, we got FSU and Miami.  Great.  I'll gladly pay to go to those games.

We also have Charleston Southern and some other team I can't even name.  I'm supposed to pay the same amount for these games?  We should get a discount because it's just revenue scheduling for the school.  I get called out because I don't want to reward the school for what feels like them jipping the fans.

I'm still a fan, but I'm not happy about this move.  As was mentioned above.  The school wont get the extra $2,000 I was going to give them, but hey they'll make more than that with the second 1AA game.  I'd still rather have worked out 5 home games this year and 7 the next.  It seems to be a wash, but what do I know.

Wow ..... you're totally entitled to your opinion but hopefully you are in the minority with that type of thinking. Otherwise, this football program will NEVER get to where it needs to be.

I hate the 1-AA's as much as anybody, I grumble the whole time walking in and during the game, but I understand that $$$$$$ is what will make us grow as a football program and would never begrudge USF for doing whatever's needed, within reason, to fill their coffers ...

And do you honestly believe that FIU was that much better of an opponent than CSU .... honestly?? Withholding 2 grand because of that is just totally ABSURD....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

NOBODY is happy about having a 2nd 1AA team this season.

• Content Count:  667

this is a big IN YOUR FACE to all you people out there that didnt want a series with UCF.  i've always said it was a solid draw and we should have at least kept it around as a decent warm-up game before conference play begins.  now that we've lost them, it's like karma that we lose FIU and end up with this 1-AA opponent.  try spinning how difficult our schedule was to your UF buddies now.  at least UCF is somewhat of a blip on the BCS computers' radars.  all you anti-UCF series haters, this one is on you for thinking this program and its direction is equivalent to walking on water.

the only things walking these days are FIU and Wally walking OUT on us for greener pastures.

this is a big IN YOUR FACE to all you people out there that didnt want a series with UCF.  i've always said it was a solid draw and we should have at least kept it around as a decent warm-up game before conference play begins.  now that we've lost them, it's like karma that we lose FIU and end up with this 1-AA opponent.  try spinning how difficult our schedule was to your UF buddies now.  at least UCF is somewhat of a blip on the BCS computers' radars.  all you anti-UCF series haters, this one is on you for thinking this program and its direction is equivalent to walking on water.

the only things walking these days are FIU and Wally walking OUT on us for greener pastures.

LOL .... feel better now?  :D

Archived