• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory wanted to coach Gator TEs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

will the coaching staff get a raise for the 2009 season?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This has been totally mismanaged by Leavitt. why tell a guy you are thinking of replacing him after NSD and not expect him to look for a job? either fire him then or don't say anything about it until you decide.

then he "fires" him after he finds out he is looking for a job and now he seems to be backpedaling. what a mess.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

will the coaching staff get a raise for the 2009 season?

its either 100k or 200k a year.

Guest MiggyBull

Bull94 - you're absolutely correct.  Great point.  CJL shouldn't have said anything to Gregory until after NSD.  That's not to say Gregory might not have been interesting in leaving to UF (or elsewhere) anyways, because apparently there are Indiana ties with the coaches at UF.

Anybody wonder whether someone who can't think two steps ahead when it comes to hiring/firing decisions can think two steps ahead when coaching a football team on Saturday?  Just a thought... it doesn't mean I want CJL gone, but it does make me wonder whether he's the guy to ultimately take USF that final step to "elite" college football program.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This has been totally mismanaged by Leavitt. why tell a guy you are thinking of replacing him after NSD and not expect him to look for a job? either fire him then or don't say anything about it until you decide.

I suspect that part of the conversation was that he may be demoted, but would not lose his job.  At worst, he would be a position coach, maybe even making the same salary.  Canales was almost making as much as he, anyway.  Take Gregory's bump added to Canales bump and Canales would get a nice raise to be the OC.  Gregory would get to keep his salary out of loyalty.

That's out the window now.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

then he "fires" him after he finds out he is looking for a job and now he seems to be backpedaling. what a mess.

Nobody knows the exact conversation, but Gregory may have asked a direct question to CJL whether he would be replaced or not.  The coaches meet almost daily for purposes of recruiting at this time of year so this may have been an ongoing dalogue (or monologue).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

UF has new TE coach, See Greg's Brett's blog.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UF has new TE coach, See Greg's blog.

Are you seeing something that i don't?  All i see is the entry about what prompted him to be relieved of his duties. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

UF has new TE coach, See Greg's Brett's blog.

Are you seeing something that i don't?  All i see is the entry about what prompted him to be relieved of his duties. 

Corrected, sorry - I'm at work.  :-\

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I suspect that part of the conversation was that he may be demoted, but would not lose his job.  At worst, he would be a position coach, maybe even making the same salary.  Canales was almost making as much as he, anyway.  Take Gregory's bump added to Canales bump and Canales would get a nice raise to be the OC.  Gregory would get to keep his salary out of loyalty.

That's out the window now.

regardless, you don't tell someone you are thinking of demoting them in a month's time. whether or not he would be making the same money, a demotion tells other programs he can't hack it as an OC let alone a HC which was (is) his primary goal.

Archived