• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory wanted to coach Gator TEs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Per Greg's blog. 

Leavitt said he had told Gregory he might make a change after the end of the season, but had said he would not make that decision until after National Signing Day. He said Gregory's decision to interview at Florida prompted to make a move sooner than he planned.

While the tight ends position would be a step down from coordinator, Gregory would still likely make more than the $160,000 he made at USF in 2008. Gregory has known UF offensive coordinator Steve Addazio since 2004, when his son Grant was a freshman quarterback at Indiana, where Addazio was offensive coordinator.

Meyer has an opening on his staff to replace tight ends coach John Hevesy, who went to Mississippi State with former Gators offensive coordinator Dan Mullen.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/01/gregorys-intere.html?cid=145698544#comment-145698544

Interesting.. I hope Ryne Giddins does not see this crap. He might be like "****, their own coaches want to go to Florida, maybe I made the wrong choice!" Then we would have a signing day surprise... Phew, that would suck. lol

Anyway, got to like Leavitts decision. Your Offensive Coordinator who has not been pulling his weight and throwing players under the bus tells you he is going to interview with a State Rival... Peaceeee brothaaaa!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not only interviewing at another school, but for a lower position.  Not even a lateral move.  I would have a problem if we were preventing a guy from improving himself with a better position, but I agree with CJL on this.

• Content Count:  2,478

I wouldn't hire him as my position coach. Look at how well he has developed our QBs.

I'm really disappointed that he wasn't completely fired.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

What really sucks is that if he took got that job, even thought its a lower position job, he would still be making more then he would here being OC. That just shows you right there where we are in terms of money compared to other big time schools. Ouch.

• Content Count:  622

Man, this story alone could hurt recruiting. Someone tell Greg to hush. The Headline just does not look very appealing on the Sp Times site.

• Content Count:  1,387

I'm really disappointed that he wasn't completely fired.

Agree!

• Content Count:  1,524

Leavitt just needs to go ahead and can him before this turns into a disaster for recruiting.

• Content Count:  18

IMO it would be ridiculous to keep Gregory on the staff as a position coach.  His backhanded compliment of Grothe's play in the St. Petersburg Bowl call into question his loyalty to the team and to CJL.  Can he be trusted not to undermine the efforts of the new OC?  The time has come for USF and Coach Gregory to part ways completely.

We need a "non-Grothe" running game.  We cannot continue to place all our eggs in the Grothe basket.

Archived