• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe I'm crazy -- my thoughts on our offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

no play makers at the WR position.

Fact is, our guys may not be big name receivers, but Grothe isn't Graham Harrell either.  he isn't even Todd Reesing.  he isn't even Tony Pike with one arm tied behind his back.

it's surprising to me that u jump down the throat of anyone and everyone who criticizes Matt Grothe or Gregory's predictable playcalling, yet u are so quick to sell out our receivers.  when people bring up Grothe's flaws, it's a "team game," yet u don't have a problem hanging our receivers out to dry?

come on now.

football is a TEAM GAME, remember E.T. ?

Our receivers might be able to make more plays if Grothe didn't stare them down, throw low, throw high, and throw behind them either.  u can't expect consistently big playmaking from receivers when our quarterback has a relatively weak arm, does not get into a rhythm in the pocket, and makes his best plays on the run after the designed play has broken down.

To be honest, we don't know what type of weapons we have at WR. Who knows if TJ would have a better chance at getting drafted.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I don't even know what kind of fans we have at USF. Many of you are here b#*$?ing about Grothe, some of the same people were praisingg him as long as we won.  How many of you come to the games without excuses, have your butts in the seats before the kick off and stay until the end of the game regardless of the score, the opponent, or the time of day?

• Content Count:  5,249

I don't even know what kind of fans we have at USF. Many of you are here b#*$?ing about Grothe, some of the same people were praisingg him as long as we won.  How many of you come to the games without excuses, have your butts in the seats before the kick off and stay until the end of the game regardless of the score, the opponent, or the time of day?

who cares what kind of fans we have?  what do fans have to do with winning or losing?

fact is, everybody needs someone to blame for our shortcomings...

some of us hold the players and coaches accountable.

others, like yourself, blame the fans that have the least impact on the game.

which is the more compelling argument?

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

John McKay was asked once what he thought about the execution of his offense.

He said he was all for it!

Washington Redskins went to the Super Bowl running variations of NINE plays, simply executing those plays every time.

The funny part about this whole post is that you're all correct at some point.

We lack some talent on the O-line -  OC should see that, and draw up plays that we CAN execute correctly.

We lack some talent at RB - Ford and Plancher, IMO, were not in great shape. Williams is Williams. Taylor?

We lack some talent at the reciever positions - Routes were far from being executed properly. Dropped balls...

We lack some talent at QB - Not the strongest arm and decision making not the best. Has IT just needs help.

We lack some talent at the coaching level - Lowest recruiting budget in football?

For me this season was all about the heart - it was LACKING THE MOST!

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My problem on offense is the situational play calling.  We are horrible in game management situations (killing the clock with a lead or in the hurry up), against blitzes and sometimes we have a very difficult time adjusting to what the defenses are throwing at us.  When a good defensive team adjusts to what we are doing we have a difficult time putting the QB in a position to perform against those defenses.  Unfortunately, these are the key conponents to a winning offense at this level.  The same problem has plagued us for the last 2 years at least. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Oh, Oh, There's another one.  :wah :wah LEAVE GROTHE ALONE!!!!!! :wah :wah

• Content Count:  5,249

Oh, Oh, There's another one.  :wah :wah LEAVE GROTHE ALONE!!!!!! :wah :wah

didn't u hear, DOZIER?

it's not the players or coaches who determine the outcome of the game...

it's all the fans' fault!

LOLOLOL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

the 2009 season

Reading the post, most would realize it was a typo  ::)

How am I throwing the WR's under the bus ? Watch Johnson's 2006 season and compare it to his SR season.

It's easy to see stats on QB's, but you can not get drops by WR's ... fumbles are't counted either.

Our offense dropped off badly in conference play and some wanted to pull the only playmaker. Our Top RB's were injured most of the season.

Archived