• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe I'm crazy -- my thoughts on our offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Thanx for giving up on this team by knowing nearly nothing about it . . .

Just glad USF is getting more True Fans each year and we'll out number alums like you . . .

:nutkick

So who declared you the all knowing authority of what a "true fan" is?  Get the **** over yourself. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

no play makers at the WR position.

i dunno man... don't sell our guys too short.

Hester is clutch in possession situations, and TJ made some incredible plays during his career.  Bogan is young but has shown flashes.

we may not have any Michael Crabtrees or Joaquin Iglesiases, but to slam our receivers outright like that is unfair to them...

34zc1uw.jpg

fact is, our guys may not be big name receivers, but Grothe isn't Graham Harrell either.  he isn't even Todd Reesing.  he isn't even Tony Pike with one arm tied behind his back.

it's surprising to me that u jump down the throat of anyone and everyone who criticizes Matt Grothe or Gregory's predictable playcalling, yet u are so quick to sell out our receivers.  when people bring up Grothe's flaws, it's a "team game," yet u don't have a problem hanging our receivers out to dry?

come on now.

football is a TEAM GAME, remember E.T. ?

our receivers might be able to make more plays if Grothe didn't stare them down, throw low, throw high, and throw behind them either.  u can't expect consistently big playmaking from receivers when our quarterback has a relatively weak arm, does not get into a rhythm in the pocket, and makes his best plays on the run after the designed play has broken down.

it's a team game.

and since this thread is about offensive playcalling, our receivers can't be expected to make big plays when decent defenses can sniff out our predictable plays, and when our coaches ignore players' individual strengths and talents and treat receivers as interchangeable parts while refusing to identify "go-to" guys and get them into rhythm.

has Gregory EVER tried to use Carlton Mitchell's height and vertical athleticism by throwing him a fade in the redzone?  LOLOL.  we all know the answer to that.

to Gregory, Mitchell might as well be Colby Erskin, because he isn't going to call plays that work to our receivers' individual strengths and attributes.  he calls the same plays for all of them.

to cut this short, i'm not saying our receivers are perfect or that they couldn't be better, but this was arguably our most talented group ever and yet for a multitude of reasons they didn't produce like it... that's not JUST due to lack of playmakers at wideout, but also due to failures on Grothe's, Gregory's and Canales' part.

Just glad USF is getting more True Fans each year and we'll out number alums like you . . .

So who declared you the all knowing authority of what a "true fan" is?  Get the **** over yourself. 

ouch.  :chainsaw

apparently, "true fans" are those that defend Matt Grothe and Greg Gregory from even legitimate scrutiny and criticism, then turn around and treat our receivers like nameless scrubs.

if only we could all be "true fans."  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

execute all of them

we will be thin on Oline next year also

we will have injuries next year also

we dont play all ourt games on saturday night

we will only be 13 years old next year

THOSE ARE THE TOP 4 EXCUSES FOR USF'S FAILURE IN 2009

Some our kids here are really silly ... I post my opinions, my opinion of a true fan does not does not give up on a team.

The above comments only show ignorance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Hester is clutch in possession situations, and TJ made some incredible plays during his career.  Bogan is young but has shown flashes.

we may not have any Michael Crabtrees or Joaquin Iglesiases, but to slam our receivers outright like that is unfair to them...

fact is, our guys may not be big name receivers, but Grothe isn't Graham Harrell either.  ...

:Bang

Try opening your eyes and read  ::)

You can read my potential thread all over this board about our WR crew. We're talking about the 2009 season and "no play makers at the WR position" is accurate. I expected a GREAT 2009 season from Johnon, Mitchell & Love. Some always throw the tag on me and otheres about settling for "okay" seasons, but read what you wrote. I EXPECTED one of these WR's to have a Crabtree like season, disappointing.

Grothe was on the same level as he was his SO season, again - Very Disapponting.

Again some of you are just funny . . . but it's the offseason ad I will try to help educate you  ;D

fact is, our guys may not be big name receivers, but Grothe isn't Graham Harrell either.  ...

You can read my potential thread all over this board about our WR crew. We're talking about the 2009 season and "no play makers at the WR position" is accurate. I expected a GREAT 2009 season from Johnon, Mitchell & Love. Some always throw the tag on me and otheres about settling for "okay" seasons, but read what you wrote. I EXPECTED one of these WR's to have a Crabtree like season, disappointing.

Grothe was on the same level as he was his SO season, again - Very Disapponting.

Again some of you are just funny . . . but it's the offseason ad I will try to help educate you  ;D

the 2009 season hasn't been played yet, big guy.

what's funny is u talking about the 2009 season as if it's already happened.  i guess you're predicting that we'll have "no playmakers at WR" next season?

where do u get your football analysis from, Ms. Cleo?  Dion Warwick and her Psychic Friends?  a Magic 8-Ball?

why u would expect our receivers to have a "Crabtree like season" when our QB has a weak arm, poor mechanics and sucks in the pocket, our OC calls plays that a Pop Warner defense could predict, and there is apparently no coordination between the OC's playcalls and the WR coach's personnel packages is beyond me.

like i said, it's rather odd that someone who insists football is a "team game" when defending Grothe's flaws would turn around and throw our receivers to the dogs.  it's a team game, bub---  Hester, Bogan and Mitchell can't throw the ball to themselves.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

et decides

the elitest green and gold goggle club members credo:you either back usf 100% or you are not a fan

you think usf will go undefeated every year

you expect a great season from j,m and l?????

your ignorance beats mine by a country mile

34zc1uw.jpg

fact is, our guys may not be big name receivers, but Grothe isn't Graham Harrell either.  he isn't even Todd Reesing.  he isn't even Tony Pike with one arm tied behind his back.

it's surprising to me that u jump down the throat of anyone and everyone who criticizes Matt Grothe or Gregory's predictable playcalling, yet u are so quick to sell out our receivers.  when people bring up Grothe's flaws, it's a "team game," yet u don't have a problem hanging our receivers out to dry?

come on now.

our receivers might be able to make more plays if Grothe didn't stare them down, throw low, throw high, and throw behind them either.  u can't expect consistently big playmaking from receivers when our quarterback has a relatively weak arm, does not get into a rhythm in the pocket, and makes his best plays on the run after the designed play has broken down.

it's a team game.

and since this thread is about offensive playcalling, our receivers can't be expected to make big plays when decent defenses can sniff out our predictable plays, and when our coaches ignore players' individual strengths and talents and treat receivers as interchangeable parts while refusing to identify "go-to" guys and get them into rhythm.

has Gregory EVER tried to use Carlton Mitchell's height and vertical athleticism by throwing him a fade in the redzone?  LOLOL.  we all know the answer to that.

to Gregory, Mitchell might as well be Colby Erskin, because he isn't going to call plays that work to our receivers' individual strengths and attributes.  he calls the same plays for all of them.

to cut this short, i'm not saying our receivers are perfect or that they couldn't be better, but this was arguably our most talented group ever and yet for a multitude of reasons they didn't produce like it... that's not JUST due to lack of playmakers at wideout, but also due to failures on Grothe's, Gregory's and Canales' part.

at the end of the day it comes down to lack of talent for usf

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

34zc1uw.jpg

come on now.

it's a team game.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :cheers :cheers :cheersYou said it all for me. THANKS

Archived