• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The education of bullsbucsboltsrays

bullsbucsboltsrays

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks for the info, Bruce.  I didn't realize that there was an actual group of friends who know each other than runs this board.  It makes more sense now.  I guess we could call them the Bullspen Mafia, and if you don't agree with what they say, you get annexed.

The irony behind all this is that, whenever I speak to Bulls fans off the message board (that don't participate in this message board), they are ALL in agreement that Jim Leavitt is not the guy that could take us to the next level.  We're talking about students, alumni, and just local fans throughout the area.  I speak to people at bars, at parties, at school, and at games.  It's just so ironic, because the "feel-good" fans on this message board DO NOT represent the masses.  The majority are OUT THERE, in the real world, not on the internet..  and all I'm doing is trying to bring on the board what I believe (and what I hear) out there.

I suppose the people on here that are buddy-buddy with each other and see each other through the program's inception are a little bit jaded by what they have seen with the program and how it has progressed.  While it's good to remember the history of the program, watching the same guy behind the program could surely make a fan develop blinders for what else could possibly be out there.

We've gone 4-3, 4-3, and 2-5 in conference so far.  that's 10-11 since we've joined.  The other programs that joined the Big East when we joined have all won a conference title (or a share, at least).  These are just the facts, people.  And to answer your question about who else is out there, Triple B, I think we could find a coach that could AT LEAST go 10-11 in Big East play for the next 3 years.  Hell, Cincy found a coach that has won at least 10 games a season (and gone 10-4 in 2 years) since he's been coach at Cincy.  My point is, there are options out there, and all I'm saying is that I'm not being insane in suggesting that there are.

So, Brad.  If you honestly think that I'm being inappropriate or attacking the program with this post, please do tell me.  Because as I see it, this post is no different than anything else i've posted on this message board-- I've either A) posted my OPINION (and clearly stated it as as such), or B) Stated FACTS, which you are free to disprove, but they are FACTS.

While it is steeped in fantasy and supposition, there's nothing inappropriate directed at the program in that post.  I think the 12-step program is working.  There is most certainly a difference, the next step is to admit it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This OCS thread really got off track quickly.

oh and, bulls...rays, you're silly

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Bruce- I thought last year was the best season USF EVER had. This year was probably the most disappointing we've ever had considering the expectations. So you expect us to fire Leavitt over one disappointing year? Every year he has overachieved considering the talent we've had, except for this year that is.

Bulliever- I don't see anything wrong with bringing up some facts that shows where Bulls..rays has insulted USF adminstrators/coaches/players. You have the power to do it so maybe you should provide some evidence.

I've been attending USF for past four years, and I must have walked through every inch of the campus by now. And, yes, I've wondered where they would possibly put an OCS. It doesn't seem like there is space...

I think Bulls... rays' concerns are legitimate. I would like somebody to explain the master plan. The sticky OCS thread on the main board shows that there would barely be enough space for it, though.

• Content Count:  937

So this is where the action has been? One good thing is you all boosted your Post Count.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

+1 post for crambone

• Content Count:  667

Bulliever- I don't see anything wrong with bringing up some facts that shows where Bulls..rays has insulted USF adminstrators/coaches/players. You have the power to do it so maybe you should provide some evidence.

I've been attending USF for past four years, and I must have walked through every inch of the campus by now. And, yes, I've wondered where they would possibly put an OCS. It doesn't seem like there is space...

I think Bulls... rays' concerns are legitimate. I would like somebody to explain the master plan. The sticky OCS thread on the main board shows that there would barely be enough space for it, though.

I don't think Bulliever will ever get around to it, because, like i've mentioned, i've never claimed anything factual that was indeed false.  I've always stated things as my OPINION and have backed up my theories with facts.  either one or the other and i am very carefully about prefacing my opinions with the correct verbage to indicate as such.  I think Bulliever has let his personal feelings get in the way and called my posts "Disrespectful" when, indeed they aren't.  They are simply A) opinions, B) facts.  Again, I ask him to bring up posts of my publicly lambasting the program with false claims that I have said are facts, but he backs down.

It's good to see that someone else shares the same concerns about the OCS as myself.  from a logistic standpoint, it really does seem like, when it is all said and done, that we're not going to have room for an OCS and its not even in our plans.  It appears that the overall plans for the landscape of the campus do not logically coincide with allowing room for a stadium.

as for CJL, i was listening to 620 wdae and they interviewed the guy who started JimLeavittMustGo.com.  He made an interesting point and one that I agree with-- although many will be in disagreement with firing leavitt now, i think we are legitimized in at least having a discussion about if he's the guy who can take us to the next level.  Based on the cold, hard facts of going 10-11 in Big East play, i don't think its out of the realm of possibility to found a replacement that can go .500 in BE conference play for 4 years... because, that's something CJL still has not achieved: an overall .500 Big East Conference record.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't think Bulliever will ever get around to it, because, like i've mentioned, i've never claimed anything factual that was indeed false.  I've always stated things as my OPINION and have backed up my theories with facts.  either one or the other and i am very carefully about prefacing my opinions with the correct verbage to indicate as such.  I think Bulliever has let his personal feelings get in the way and called my posts "Disrespectful" when, indeed they aren't.  They are simply A) opinions, B) facts.  Again, I ask him to bring up posts of my publicly lambasting the program with false claims that I have said are facts, but he backs down.

It's good to see that someone else shares the same concerns about the OCS as myself.  from a logistic standpoint, it really does seem like, when it is all said and done, that we're not going to have room for an OCS and its not even in our plans.  It appears that the overall plans for the landscape of the campus do not logically coincide with allowing room for a stadium.

as for CJL, i was listening to 620 wdae and they interviewed the guy who started JimLeavittMustGo.com.  He made an interesting point and one that I agree with-- although many will be in disagreement with firing leavitt now, i think we are legitimized in at least having a discussion about if he's the guy who can take us to the next level.  Based on the cold, hard facts of going 10-11 in Big East play, i don't think its out of the realm of possibility to found a replacement that can go .500 in BE conference play for 4 years... because, that's something CJL still has not achieved: an overall .500 Big East Conference record.

Our BE Caliber and best recruiting classes are just barely starting to see the field so how about we give the man time to actually work with the better recruits instead of punishing the man for not doing well in the BE with teams made up of C-USA recruits. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever never had any interest in "getting around to it" - you know which posts you have made that were derogatory to USF and as I have mentioned before in this thread, the one at the very top is indicative of the type of anti-USF, "USF is stupid" campaign you'd been on prior to that post.  Disguising insults as "your opinion" does not cut it.  The board is not here for you to take cheap shots at people from USF and then feign innocence.  Understand it and move on.

Archived