• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The education of bullsbucsboltsrays

bullsbucsboltsrays

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Why is it you want to be on this board? 

I have a man crush on you.   :-*

I hear what you are saying and Im really not trying to get involved, but it does seem when someone has a different opinion its ok for the regulars to rip on them but they are not allowed to go back at them.  Look at your guy GarySJ, Mike G, ET...you say one bad thing about Leavitt or USF you get called a moron or a bandwagon fan. Im just saying it goes both ways and t me it seems you will take the side of the "everything USF" side, which is fine, im sure theyre your sites biggest suporters.

If it's fine, why are you even having this discussion? 

Triple B, you know your my boy blue.

Thanks .... and I realize what you're really saying is "everything you wrote is true, Trip, but you know I'm an anti-establishment type guy and just like to stir **** up. If the majority of the board members here were anti-Leavitt, I would be his biggest booster ... That's just how I roll.... Shalom".     8)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L'Claim

Is that really how that's spelled??

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

L'Claim

Is that really how that's spelled??

Sorry its, L'chaim

havent been to Temple is a long time.  Happy Holidays my friends. 

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

But you wont find that on this board.  These are the types of fans who tailgate together, happy to have a team to root for because they never had one before,they love and defend everything USF, besides the basketball program of course (why would they do that?).  They would love to have all negative fans kicked out of USF so the 100 of them can be happy together.  But too bad for all of them USF has stepped into a BCS conference and this calls for national exposure and a lot more "normal" fans (the kinds that actually dog on their program for unacceptable playcalling, losing, etc. ).  So the days of the 100 of them having their bliss when we beat UCF is over, that win should be a given.  Our goals are rising and everyone sees that except the 100 who want to use how long we have been around as why its ok to be medicre forever. Really, its baby steps and we are in teh step of getting the original, nothing usf can do wrong fan, out of here.  We will have a egular fanbase within another 10 years, right now just cry babies who actually cry about someone thinking out team atually DOES suck sometimes.

Thanks for the info, Bruce.  I didn't realize that there was an actual group of friends who know each other than runs this board.  It makes more sense now.  I guess we could call them the Bullspen Mafia, and if you don't agree with what they say, you get annexed.

The irony behind all this is that, whenever I speak to Bulls fans off the message board (that don't participate in this message board), they are ALL in agreement that Jim Leavitt is not the guy that could take us to the next level.  We're talking about students, alumni, and just local fans throughout the area.  I speak to people at bars, at parties, at school, and at games.  It's just so ironic, because the "feel-good" fans on this message board DO NOT represent the masses.  The majority are OUT THERE, in the real world, not on the internet..  and all I'm doing is trying to bring on the board what I believe (and what I hear) out there.

I suppose the people on here that are buddy-buddy with each other and see each other through the program's inception are a little bit jaded by what they have seen with the program and how it has progressed.  While it's good to remember the history of the program, watching the same guy behind the program could surely make a fan develop blinders for what else could possibly be out there.

We've gone 4-3, 4-3, and 2-5 in conference so far.  that's 10-11 since we've joined.  The other programs that joined the Big East when we joined have all won a conference title (or a share, at least).  These are just the facts, people.  And to answer your question about who else is out there, Triple B, I think we could find a coach that could AT LEAST go 10-11 in Big East play for the next 3 years.  Hell, Cincy found a coach that has won at least 10 games a season (and gone 10-4 in 2 years) since he's been coach at Cincy.  My point is, there are options out there, and all I'm saying is that I'm not being insane in suggesting that there are.

So, Brad.  If you honestly think that I'm being inappropriate or attacking the program with this post, please do tell me.  Because as I see it, this post is no different than anything else i've posted on this message board-- I've either A) posted my OPINION (and clearly stated it as as such), or B) Stated FACTS, which you are free to disprove, but they are FACTS.

But you wont find that on this board.  These are the types of fans who tailgate together, happy to have a team to root for because they never had one before,they love and defend everything USF, besides the basketball program of course (why would they do that?).  They would love to have all negative fans kicked out of USF so the 100 of them can be happy together.  But too bad for all of them USF has stepped into a BCS conference and this calls for national exposure and a lot more "normal" fans (the kinds that actually dog on their program for unacceptable playcalling, losing, etc. ).  So the days of the 100 of them having their bliss when we beat UCF is over, that win should be a given.  Our goals are rising and everyone sees that except the 100 who want to use how long we have been around as why its ok to be medicre forever. Really, its baby steps and we are in teh step of getting the original, nothing usf can do wrong fan, out of here.  We will have a egular fanbase within another 10 years, right now just cry babies who actually cry about someone thinking out team atually DOES suck sometimes.

Thanks for the info, Bruce.  I didn't realize that there was an actual group of friends who know each other than runs this board.  It makes more sense now.  I guess we could call them the Bullspen Mafia, and if you don't agree with what they say, you get annexed.

The irony behind all this is that, whenever I speak to Bulls fans off the message board (that don't participate in this message board), they are ALL in agreement that Jim Leavitt is not the guy that could take us to the next level.  We're talking about students, alumni, and just local fans throughout the area.  I speak to people at bars, at parties, at school, and at games.  It's just so ironic, because the "feel-good" fans on this message board DO NOT represent the masses.  The majority are OUT THERE, in the real world, not on the internet..  and all I'm doing is trying to bring on the board what I believe (and what I hear) out there.

Oh, Jesus .... another self-proclaimed voice of the silent masses... Right, I'm sure EVERY person you come in contact with "OUT THERE, in the real world", is in total agreement that Leaviit is definitely not the guy to take us to the next level. My thoughts are that our fan base is split into 3 camps. Those that have wanted CJL gone ever since he didn't win the BE the second year in conference (or earlier), those that aren't entirely convinced he's the one to get us to the next level but still think he deserves more time and the ones who think he should get a lifetime contract.... and I would guess the second group listed is in the vast majority, not the myopic ones at either extreme.

And trust me, if there really was a "Bullspen Mafia" there would be more than a few posters "sleeping with the fishes" rather than being allowed to continue with their public display of total disrespect when it comes to USF athletics ...

• Content Count:  6,502

And trust me, if there really was a "Bullspen Mafia" there would be more than a few posters "sleeping with the fishes" rather than being allowed to continue with their public display of total disrespect when it comes to USF athletics ...

medium_godfather.jpg

Godfather...you want we should make bullsbucsboltsrays disappear?  :-X :-X :shhh

Cartoons-Sleeping-with-Fish.jpg

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I suppose the people on here that are buddy-buddy with each other and see each other through the program's inception are a little bit jaded by what they have seen with the program and how it has progressed.  While it's good to remember the history of the program, watching the same guy behind the program could surely make a fan develop blinders for what else could possibly be out there.

We've gone 4-3, 4-3, and 2-5 in conference so far.  that's 10-11 since we've joined.  The other programs that joined the Big East when we joined have all won a conference title (or a share, at least).  These are just the facts, people.  And to answer your question about who else is out there, Triple B, I think we could find a coach that could AT LEAST go 10-11 in Big East play for the next 3 years.  Hell, Cincy found a coach that has won at least 10 games a season (and gone 10-4 in 2 years) since he's been coach at Cincy.  My point is, there are options out there, and all I'm saying is that I'm not being insane in suggesting that there are.

So, Brad.  If you honestly think that I'm being inappropriate or attacking the program with this post, please do tell me.  Because as I see it, this post is no different than anything else i've posted on this message board-- I've either A) posted my OPINION (and clearly stated it as as such), or B) Stated FACTS, which you are free to disprove, but they are FACTS.

So you think this is some kind of insiders club?  In one aspect you are right, since the vast majority of the people you mentioned have been donors for 10 plus years.  How much do you give and for how long?  That's what it boils down to with college sports.  You can have an opinion, but at the end of the day it is money that talks.  And just so you know there are people with all sorts of levels of donation and access to the program that read what is posted here.

medium_godfather.jpg

Godfather...you want we should make bullsbucsboltsrays disappear?   :-X :-X :shhh

Not yet, my friend ............................. but do you know if he owns a racehorse?

• Content Count:  6,502

medium_godfather.jpg

Godfather...you want we should make bullsbucsboltsrays disappear?   :-X :-X :shhh

Not yet ..... but do you know if he owns a racehorse?

We can always find out...we always do.

Archived