• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The education of bullsbucsboltsrays

bullsbucsboltsrays

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You chose to have this discussion public.  I certainly intervened on several threads in which you were insulting other individuals.  Typically, people get the clue that this board is not in existence to take cheap shots at USF or it's players, coaches and administrators.  Most people respond to the first corrective post and alter their behavior.  You seem to want to have a little tiff over it. 

You've not been singled out, you've singled yourself out by continuing to make ridiculous insults including the one in this thread.  There are others that make the same mistake and many of them respond as I stated above with an acknowledgment of understanding regarding the correct use of this board.  Others are dealt with through the use of private messages.  Some in fact are suspended for short periods of time until they can join the online community and act responsibly.

This is a fans message board that unfortunately has to operate around some common sense rules, and one of them allows for honest criticism and suggested alternatives...but does not allow USF players, coaches and administrators to be come public punching bags for some anonymous entity behind a keyboard.

What I take personally is defending and maintaing a property I have invested more than 9 years in developing.  It's not open to anyone to just show up and begin attacking others anonymously.  Attacking and insulting my alma mater and the coaches and players that represent my alma mater - that's what I take personally.  Coaches, administrators and players can not come on here to defend themselves against things you claim to feel or expect to happen.  Unfortunately they can be maligned by folks like you (whether intentionally or otherwise) and can't correct the record.  Hence that kind of nonsense won't be allowed.  Thousands of people read this board and often get their early impressions of USF and its fan base.  I didn't start up this community and invest thousands of dollars and hours of time into it for it to be used to cheap shot my alma mater and those associated with it.  As I have already said, if a poster can't handle that, he can go post elsewhere.

If the choice is between doing what I feel is right for USF and allowing what one individual feels is right for him/her, it will be the path of the former I take and not the latter.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Brad, you truly are unbelievable.  When have I ever ATTACKED the program or the alma mater?  I have NEVER wished any ill-will to the program or the the school, so maybe you need to get your facts straight.  And if so, I ask you (once again, although you still haven't done so) to look up the post or thread that I've created where I have made ANY intention to do so.  Oh, and another thing-- this is MY school too, you know.  Why in the hell would I want to wish the worst of my alma mater?  Again, I ask you (though you probably won't because you won't find anything) to find the post where I have stated that this would be my true intention?  So, yet again, I ask you to show me what I've said that either A) wasn't fact that I claimed was fact (which isn't prefaced by me intentionally stating it was my OPINION), or B) when have I ever expressed any ill-will on the athletic program (aka- ATTACKED the program).

I think you just get mad because someone (like myself) is actually questioning the direction of the athletic department and it's faculty.  I don't like bringing politics into this, but the best analogy would be citizens that question their government.  It's OK for citizens to question their government and bring attention to the faults of it.  YOU seemed to be one of those that don't question their government and will stand behind the president and his decisions (no matter how badly they are ridiculed) no matter what.  And so, it's just like what we are doing on this message board about our athletics program.  If you want a message board of a bunch of minds that think alike, speak alike, and act alike.. then, by all means, go ahead and start suspending accounts.  I mean, this is YOUR message board.  But realize that there are A LOT of people posting 'negative' comments (as you call them) on this message board, so you'll be lopping off a lot of those who are signing up.  And by A LOT, I mean ALOT.  If not, maybe you need to create a counter for the amount of negative comments someone has and when they reach a threshold, you can suspend their account.  Either way, voices aren't being heard.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Bullsbucsboltsrays - I understand your stance.  I've been treated the same way as you many times by various regulars on this board. Ive been rightfully banned and punished as well because unlike you I do get frustrated when i get  teamed up on by fans blinded by the green and gold light and sometimes  do attack back(depending on the mood).  People dont like to be wrong, especially when the majority is wrong.  Some people will disllike you so much for having another stance on our program that they will defend the undefendable.  Like people who defend USF for going 2-5 in in the BE by saying we made a bowl game 4 years in a row.  Or people who defended Robert mccullum until the end, when someone like myself understood their stance than since he is employed by our university they will support him, but my stance was "sure, me too, but I'd rather him not be employed by this university"  A choice USF eventually agreed on. 

Its a touchy subject because I dont care what Brad says he really doesnt appreciate the other part of the opinion on his board.  USF fans feel if people talk bad about us its going to push away new fans or other green and gold goggle fans away from this site.  When in reality I feel all the green and gold, usf can do no wrong fans are already on the board. The more people who join will be more like you and I.  For instance, I think Jim Leavitt should be fired.  I think going 2-5 in a bad conference by a football university is terrible.  I think his all time conference record is bad and reason to be on the firing block.  I think he misses out on huge recruits.  I think he goes with his "favorites" over the right guy.  I think our special teams is the worst in the nation.  i think his teams committs way too many penalities.  I feel we do not develop players he way we should be.  I feel after all his success our program took a huge step by joining a bcs conference and this is where we need to say thanks for everything but we need to move to someone who has had consistent success at this level (being a top ranked team until we prove the ranking are wrong is not my idea of success)  This is a stance that I can honeslty say the estimated 100 USF fans I know personally, way more than half have, and dont get me started on the opinions of educated fans outside of USF think about our team being on the verge of big time.  They say "I told you so" more than anyone.

But you wont find that on this board.  These are the types of fans who tailgate together, happy to have a team to root for because they never had one before,they love and defend everything USF, besides the basketball program of course (why would they do that?).  They would love to have all negative fans kicked out of USF so the 100 of them can be happy together.  But too bad for all of them USF has stepped into a BCS conference and this calls for national exposure and a lot more "normal" fans (the kinds that actually dog on their program for unacceptable playcalling, losing, etc. ).  So the days of the 100 of them having their bliss when we beat UCF is over, that win should be a given.  Our goals are rising and everyone sees that except the 100 who want to use how long we have been around as why its ok to be medicre forever. Really, its baby steps and we are in teh step of getting the original, nothing usf can do wrong fan, out of here.  We will have a egular fanbase within another 10 years, right now just cry babies who actually cry about someone thinking out team atually DOES suck sometimes. 

I 'm not going chase around these requests anymore than your fabricated name-calling episodes.  Keep in mind, it's not that your posts were "claimed was fact"  by you, but that you implied to be fact.  You can take it from there.  Start with the comment at the beginning of this thread for the latest example.

Keep in mind there are and have been several negative" comments regarding team play and no one has been banned because of it. We don't operate that way, but if you or anyone decides to use their access here as nothing other than a vehicle to smear and insult people and programs it won't be tolerated.

I don't know how many times I can say it.

Hermie, er Bruce,

Your way of criticizing is calling the coach "a clown" and worse.  You displayed no manners as you operated behind your anonymity.  If you spoke to people in person as you spoke about them on this board, you'd have a fat lip.

You created a new name and a new way of voicing your displeasure with various things.  For the most part you've abandoned the rudeness and spineless mocking and insulting of USF personalities.

Should you return to that, we can ban again.  You've been playing nice, I don't see the reason you chose to rupture with your pitiful thoughts in the preceding post.  Most of what you have told the other guy is just flat out wrong.  While you may have cut back on all the inappropriate commentary, it's clear you don't fully understand the reason you were a problem (it's the same reason your mate here is experiencing - although not quite as bad as you were).  Here's to hoping you stay on the straight and narrow.  If you believe half of what you wrote, you'd have a hard time explaining all the "other part of the opinions" currently residing on the main board.

Sounds so silly that you'd even get involved.  But maybe you can go further and explain to our new guy why you fought so hard to get back on the board.  Why is it you want to be on this board?  Maybe if one values it enough to create false accounts and emails (and names) to come back, one should be a little more responsible.  No?

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Why is this discussion here in the Trough??  Maybe we should have a wing of the Bullspen for fan and supporter biatching....

The Trough is for fun and jokes, silly stories, questions of advice.

This discussion is realllllly bringing me down man.  :'( :'( :'(  I am going to have to drinks beers to get back in a good mood.  ;) ;)

Now everybody just kiss and make up.  :-* :-* :-*

It is a drag, isn't it?

I was thinking we can open a new board for people to vent, since it's usually after a loss when all the words that require *s start flying and student-athletes "*****" and coaches are clowns and anyone not feeling pre-menstrual has Green and Gold goggles on...

Maybe we can all just follow a path of common decency.

And tell a good joke at the Torugh.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I feel after all his success our program took a huge step by joining a bcs conference and this is where we need to say thanks for everything but we need to move to someone who has had consistent success at this level

This is the exact reason why you and the other "superfans" are the ones wearing the green and gold goggles, not the realists that the majority of Bulls fans are. Just who in the hell do you think USF could get to come here "who has had consistent success at this level"?? You act like this is some plum job that we'd have previous COY's knocking down our door to get. Is the USF a good job? I'd say yeah, but even though you're in the hotbed of college football recruiting, you're also going head-to-head with 3 IN-state programs that are among the elite in the country, PLUS other elite, established, traditional programs from around the country prey on our state recruits also. You don't just open your door, say your open for business and expect to consistently stock up on 4 and 5 start athletes.

I'm not sure if Leavitt is the one to get us completely up to where we want to be but I do know that he's got enough chips built up for what he's done here to not be run out of town after 1 so called "bad" year .... and only a complete imbecile would call a year bad where we attained a #2 ranking, deserved or not, and went to a bowl that has been around for over 70 years and the vast majority of college football fans have actually heard of. You and your simple minded brethren need to remove the green and gold shades, take a step back and actually look at the overall picture and realize that the University of South Florida is NOT God's gift to college football and it will take quite a few years, if not decades, to wrest that mantle from UF..... and you all can poo-poo all you want the fact of our youth as a program in relationship to the others we go up against but that IS a factor.

And, Brad, you guys have cross checked bbbr's IP address, right ....?  :D

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Why is it you want to be on this board? 

I have a man crush on you.  :-*

I hear what you are saying and Im really not trying to get involved, but it does seem when someone has a different opinion its ok for the regulars to rip on them but they are not allowed to go back at them.  Look at your guy GarySJ, Mike G, ET...you say one bad thing about Leavitt or USF you get called a moron or a bandwagon fan. Im just saying it goes both ways and t me it seems you will take the side of the "everything USF" side, which is fine, im sure theyre your sites biggest suporters. 

I come on this board to read about USF athletics, mostly basketball, but the reading is getting slim. 

Triple B, you know your my boy blue. 

On another note, I saw a commercial for the Magic Jack.  Had no idea what it was.  It looked like an infomercial, which i could make jokes but I dont want to be accused of slander. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

So a guy walks into a bar with a monkey under his arm...

Archived