• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are y'all ready to join me now?  Jim Must Go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Isn't Dawsey our new WR coach?  Is he part of the problem with our WR's?  We weren't nearly this bad last year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe his ball on a bungee cord isn't working as good as he hoped.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

The sad part about it is that Judy is so **** moist over this guy that she'll never be able to see what an over-rated 1A coach she has made him.  At best, he should be a coordinator for a 1-AA school to give himself some time to learn.

$450,000 per for this guy?  Gimme a break!   ::)

It goes without saying how I feel about this "poster".

What I find LAUGHABLE is that anyone would use the UL game as further evidence of something wrong with our program. The point is simply this-- Louisville has a better team than us by far this season. How we pulled out the upset last year is amazing to me even with our more veteran players like JR Reed. If you really think about it, the defense we had last year was our saving grace 90% of the time. We had great players on that team with tons of experience. Maby not on the line but at LB, SS, FS, and the corners. Low and behold-- now the Bulls are getting beat in pass coverage or when teams try to run at our corners.

There is a difference between hoping something goes well and actually expecting it to keep getting better. We all knew that we had probelms at QB going into this season. We all knew that there were a lot of questions on our secondary. And yet, we have people who somehow ask why the coaching staff can't get these players to play better. Now the dropped passes and poor passes are one thing. But getting on a true freshman like Danny Verpaele just seems rude and uncalled for. The kid is busting his hump trying to stop the other team and all you have to point out is everything wrong they do. And then we have others talk about how bad our players are and how this reflects POOR RECRUITING. I seriously doubt the people stating this are even paying attention to who we have recruited recently-- those kids are studs in a lot of cases. We also seem to think that our schedule is some piece of cake to walk through when the fact is that most of the teams INCLUDING ARMY are the strongest they have been in years while USF is in a serious down year.

As for the "coach hyping the bowl chances"-- I never heard him "hype" anything. All he has ever stated-- and this is very clear to me-- is the goal is to get to a bowl game and to win the conference. Those a simplistic goals and at this point highly unlikely. But the UL game didn't change this--- it was a series of events.

I find it disgusting when people who generally look for everything wrong or distasteful they can about the program sign on here and pile on whenever we run into bad times. Where are these guys after a win against TCU? Well they are here-- but they like to talk about the penalties instead. Then I get hammered about not respecting someones goofy opinion about firing Leavitt as if my own opinion is less important than some jackass who comes around whenever something bad happens and wants to point out how brilliant he is for being able to see it.

You want change? Do what the Gator boosters do and give millions of dollars and you too can run our football program anyway you see fit. That's what happened in Gator land-- their AD was thinking about getting rid of Zook this year and the alumni who could pony up the cash said pull the trigger.

Here's the thing with message boards-- they are great for posting thoughts, experiences, and other nonsense. But they are not the place to go to find the best ideas on how to run a football program. Some guy posting in his house because he is upset that somebody didn't win a game or catch a pass or make a tackle or call the right play or used the timeouts the wrong way-- well-- they are simply using hindsight. Yes-- one can sya that the play calling is less than stellar and perhaps changes have to be made there. For what it is worth, I feel we have adapted our offense in that regard. We haven't completely dumped on the spread just yet but there are new formations and plays. If the players do not execute those plays correctly though, you can hardly blame the OC in particular. He can't catch the passes that are on target and he can't throw the passes to be on target either. MB was great at improvising but he did not exactly play the level of teams we play now. OK-- you might Army is below that level-- and that game was not exactly the best. But if you also recall-- he had his problems against NIU the first time only to blow them out the next year. Any game can go a lot of ways. Last year, we literally squeeked out several wins and that was with a better defense IMO. This year, we have some nice talent but it is simply too green to know how to handle the situations presented to them.

I just think we need to be patient and watch our team grow into this new stage (conference play & the Big East). We will have the talent needed when it matters. This year is not over by a longshot either. If you want to give up-- that is your decision. I plan to stick with the Bulls through thick and thin.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Here's the thing with message boards-- they are great for posting thoughts, experiences, and other nonsense. But they are not the place to go to find the best ideas on how to run a football program.

Mike, if you want to share your thoughts and experiences in life, then you can go to "The View's" messageboards, or you can just email Barbara herself...

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/mail/walters.html

...Maybe she would be interested in doing a human interest segment on your thoughts and experiences.

But this is a football messageboard, how the #&!! are we supposed to post on a football messageboard without giving our opinions as to how the team is being run, or why we lost a game or, why the team is so undiciplined and so on.  If you don't agree with me thats fine, but dont tell me not to post here because you dont agree with me and you dont want to be bothered by reading my posts, just ignore me then and i'll keep on posting what I want.

And tell Barbara I said hi.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

Mike, if you want to share your thoughts and experiences in life, then you can go to "The View's" messageboards, or you can just email Barbara herself...

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/mail/walters.html

...Maybe she would be interested in doing a human interest segment on your thoughts and experiences.

But this is a football messageboard, how the #&!! are we supposed to post on a football messageboard without giving our opinions as to how the team is being run, or why we lost a game or, why the team is so undiciplined and so on.  If you don't agree with me thats fine, but dont tell me not to post here because you dont agree with me and you dont want to be bothered by reading my posts, just ignore me then and i'll keep on posting what I want.

And tell Barbara I said hi.

Well I hope you had fun writing that BS but it had nothing to do with what I wrote about. First, you immediately took some defensive stance probably because you think your thoughts aren't very enlightened to begin with. But more to the point, I never at any point said you shouldn't post. By all means-- get your rocks off and throw down your wonderful comments.

Just in case you want to know why I wrote that-- it is simple. It is far easier to analyse a program from hindsight than what should we do tomorrow. People often say "Fire Coach Hobbie!" without any concern over who we should use instead of coach Hobbie-- as if that matter will resolve itself. If those who pick the next OC don't meet your inflated expectations, you'll call for their head to or maybe just after the decision makers.

All these posts point out what is going wrong and we all pretty much understand the problems. What most of those who post this type of stuff fail to examine is the reasons why these guys are having so much trouble and it really boils down to inexperience in a complicated system. The guys before them had years to learn the system before they stepped-- or they at least had years to work in the system while playing 1-AA teams (where the margin for error is not as severe-- we could afford to make mistakes and still pull out the wins).

So take my comments as some sort of personal slam just because some clown named wildrover says I'm some sort of "holier than thou" poster (while never bothering to actually read what I am writing--OR respecting MY RIGHT to have an opinion). If you truly felt we were supposed to hang tough with UL this past Friday then maybe you have a reason to be upset. If this is some sort of continued boo hoo due to the Army game-- let me suggest you get over it.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

LOL Please Mike, everytime I get into it with you it plays out exactly like this.  You make some blanket statement about "posters on this board" and then list specific examples in your monologue which contains an obvious jab at me, and when I take a shot back at you, you claim I am being defensive and it was not about me at all.  Why cant you just admit it, if you want to call me out or anyone else for that matter then do it.  

As for the Hobbie thing, do you honestly believe he deserves to be here another year?  I am curious.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

I can't blame someone for wanting Levitt gone. This has been a sorry season. I'm all for giving Levitt one more year; but only if Levitt is gonna wake up and smell the coffee.

We expect improvement every year. Beating Louisville last year and then being taken behind the woodshed and spanked this year IS NOT IMPROVEMENT!  Losing to Army IS NOT IMPROVEMENT!

And now, there will be HUGE expectations for this team since we commited to joining the Big East. I think we will look back and realize we made a mistake. We are not good enough to play in a conference that has an automatic BCS bowl berth. Granted, the Big East is not what it use to be; but if we cannot come in and help to bring that conference up, we cannot expect that automatic berth to be there much longer.

Give Levitt one more year to prove he is not just a good Div I- AA coach and a mediocre Div I coach. But we expect changes to be made to improve this team.

We are not some po dunk community college or UCF for that matter. We may be the new kids on the block but we can and do have high expectations for our team.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I can't blame someone for wanting Levitt gone. This has been a sorry season. I'm all for giving Levitt one more year; but only if Levitt is gonna wake up and smell the coffee.

We expect improvement every year. Beating Louisville last year and then being taken behind the woodshed and spanked this year IS NOT IMPROVEMENT!  Losing to Army IS NOT IMPROVEMENT!

And now, there will be HUGE expectations for this team since we commited to joining the Big East. I think we will look back and realize we made a mistake. We are not good enough to play in a conference that has an automatic BCS bowl berth. Granted, the Big East is not what it use to be; but if we cannot come in and help to bring that conference up, we cannot expect that automatic berth to be there much longer.

quote]

You are joining the Big East...not the SEC.

Cuse, Rutgers, Cinci, UCONN & Pitt are members of the Big East.

Don't think there is much difference between those programs and yours.

UL and WVU might be the favorites in the New Big East...but #3 on....its wide open.

KL

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

There is no man that has put more into this program then JL and for some Saturday afternoon QBs to call for him to be fired or give him one more year is laughable.  He has always gotten the most out of his players and will continue to do that.  i for one think Carl Franks would make a good offensive coordinator but no matter who you put  in there you must have a QB that can make it happen.  I called Andre Hall as our next team leader and he is.  Unless PJ starts to play better look for Denson next year to be our new star QB.  Think Mick Vick type of QB who can beat you with his feet and is a good passer(not great-Yet).  As for the rest of the season and for all you gloom and doom fans,there still is alot of football left to play, look for the upset win at UAB and a strong finish by the Bulls to end up right around 500.  We will need some luck but all five games left are winnable.  As for the trash talk, some of you clowns are doing that right here on this board and on top of that to your own team.  At least our players are doing it to the other team.  A few posters have some well thought out criticisms which are good to read but so many are just knee jerk reactions of fire him,put him on the bench and scrap the whole system they have no merit and become personel arguments between posters.  Hear me now - believe me later, Unless PJ steps up Denson starting QB next year and the Bulls finish close to 500 this year(yes I know we play 11 games-thats why I say close).

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I have come to the conclusion in my own mind about what is happening this year. This is our first 'downer" year in our young inception. WE WERE DUE!!! Sure, all of us would love to see us succeed year in, year out. Yes, all of us bleed green and gold. And yes, all of us want to see changes happen. BUT, changes can only come from within. I know CJL doesn't like what's happening. He is trying to change it. You see, it's like tweaking a fine tuned engine that all of a sudden has developed a ping. You try different things to find out where the ping is coming from, but you still can't find it. So, you go back to the beginning. I think this is what we are doing right now. Sure Hobbie's calls are crap and predictable. But either he trys different things to make it work or he goes back to what he knows. Maybe this IS all he knows. In that case, let the upper echelon take care of the problem, as I am sure THEY will. I have spoken to many members of the team. They are down right now, and think the fans think they suck and won't support them. We need to remember one thing. We need to support and give encouragement to our teams. Remember, these are still college kids who are trying there best. It is the job of the upper echelon to correct the other mess. All in all, our opinions are just that...opinions. Just like rear ends, everybody has one. It is good to vent, but use the same energy to support. I know I am changing my tune. Let the chips fall where they may. GO BULLS!!!   The Reaper