• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are y'all ready to join me now?  Jim Must Go!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Are y'all ready to join me now?

BullOnly Must Go!

::goodbye::

Go BULLS !!!

;D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line: USF does not - this year - have the talent we have enjoyed in the past. There is no J.R.Reed, Shurron Pierson, or Marquel Blackwell...so the losses do not necessarily point to the constant (coaching) as much as they do the the variable (players).  8)

Umm, the coaches recruit, so if we have less than stellar players, who is to blame?

Some guy on the internet? ::)

I started the www.firejimleavitt.com thread after the pathetic loss to Army, but that was a joke.  I never checked back on that thread, but I bet you ding-dongs flamed the hell out of each other.

If USF replaced JL, then the next guy would want even more cash, and depending on his contract, USF would have to buy out JL remaining years.

I say keep JL as coach.  However, if he keeps recruiting lousy players, then he will keep hearing complaints from fans and alumni.  Ultimately it is his fault, so no crybaby "top picking on my coach" tears allowed.

288535.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

NO

I am not ready to join you.

Jim Leavitt stays - you go.

I understand down years happen -- but good coaches do something to address them.  Shake things up.  Try something new.  

If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

So I hope to see something - heck anything - new from CJL et al soon.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt will be on probation in 2005

if things don't improve he  should be fired

leavitt was co DC with bob stoops at KSU

if you think bullony is off base here you should see some of his views in mad cow board

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

The Jim should go look at the tape and get ready to beat UAB.   Anyone that wants us to get rid of the Jim should go back to their home on the UCF board.  

The Jim has more than earned our support and it will take much more that one disappointing season for true Bulls to wish for anyone else as our coach.   Our team is the house that the Jim built and it has been a pretty nice ride.   From zero to the Big East in under ten years.   Name another program that comes close.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

A while back, I posted a thread about C. Ingram being "an idiot" for choosing to ride the pine at a big school rather than be a star at USF.  Many thought it was a distasteful/offensive post.

I think these "get rid of our coach" because he's playin about a half dozen teams who are top 25 vote recipients without a QB, etc, and not winning them are just as ridiculous.

poor play resulting from poor fundamentals is the main complaint of many. firing the head coach is a gross over

reaction, however there must be accountability and JL needs to makes some upgrades.

our comptetion will only gets better so if he sticks by his offensive scheme, OC and QB coach and continue to have poor results in the win/loss column and "embarassing" losses then he like any other employee needs to be held accountable. so ultimately the choices are his to make.

We keep Leavitt.

Bull Only take that crap and head 80 miles east. Leavitt is our coach, he can right this ship with some offseason changes. Until then we are in for a dog of a season.

what about last offseason? where are the improvments?

if JL had accessed we would have an "off" season why hype our "bowl" chances?

JL should stay but he has to take positive action...and soon!

I know I have been very critical of CJL lately, mostly out of frustration from the recent play of the team, and a few bad coaching decisions, but I don't think we should get rid of him.  

Unless... there are no personnel changes in the offseason.  Then I would say he is completly blind, and is not fit to be coaching at this level.  Someone has to have a sitdown with him and tell him this loyalty thing is nice in the movies but doesnt always fly in real life.  If it wasnt obvious last season (which to some it was pretty apparent) then it is certainly obvious now.  

I think with his ability to recruit we should have our best recruiting season to date which should help a lot coupled with some big changes on the coaching staff and we will be headed in the right direction.

But I am serious about the no personnel change thing, I say if there are no changes in the off season, there is no more slack for Leavitt.  Does anyone else feel this way?

agree 100%

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Wooly, The changes that need to be made are the Offensive coordinator, and as for listing a name that is impossible.  You fire him because he is not getting the job done, and then you put the position out there and see who responds, I have no idea who would be interested in interviewing for the job, but I am sure whoever it was would be better than the present OC.  You can't not get rid of someone just because you don't know who might replace him.  You get rid of him because he SUCKS!

Secondly, the offensive scheme needs to change.  Without Blackwell this scheme obviously does not work for us.  And it didn't really work well when he was with the team, he was just talented enough to make positive yardage out of a busted play, and in doing so kept pressure of the scheme and playcalling.  This problem would probably start getting cleared up with the hiring of a new OC.

Also, the coaches need to get thier team under control as far a dicipline.  They play very undiciplined football, stupid penalties, running around with shirts untucked, trash talking, dancing on the Louisville logo before the game, all of this thug crap has to stop.  

Clock control and conservation of timeouts have also been greatly mismanaged by the coaching staff in a handful of games over the past 2 years.  

Should I go on?

Why did you ask for a reason why we need to get rid of Hobbie?  Do you really think he deserves to stay?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

And Jim says "Donde esta El bano ?"