• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Mike Ford play against WVU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

PICK ONE!!!!  and let him start and have 20 carries

Not the "lets go with Ben 4 times, then 3 with Ford, 4 with Taylor and then 5 with Grothe"

and crawl up thier A$$ about not producing.....PICK ONE and PLAY HIM  let the others spell him out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

... He's had an ankle injury that has slowed him down this year.

... and the coaches are wasting their talent.

Agree with the first statement.

Both have been injured and disagree with your 2nd statement. All RB's have underperformed this season.

Again ... open competition for a starter. Feel great about Ford & Taylor. Excited about the incoming FR.

Go BULLS !!!

all the RBs have increased their ypc from last year except ford. they are outperforming this year. we give up on the run. they need to pick 2 guys a game and let them get into rhythm. run those 2 30 times a game. use the guys that best attack an opponents weakness. it's called game planning. I feel sorry for Grothe. We need to be the type of team that runs to set up the pass. we give up on the run after a few failed attempts.

BW 4.5 ypc

JT 5.2 ypc

MP 4.7 ypc

RK 5.0 ypc

MF 3.9 ypc

• Content Count:  1,777

Very disappointed that we didn't have a 100 yard rusher ... so far ... this season.

Go BULLS !!!

This is pretty challenging to do when:

1. The offense abandons the running game (Please compare the 1rst half to the 2nd half of  the Kansas Game)

2. Only giving 5 RBs 5 - 6 carries a game (A successful running game requires coordination between the OL and the RB)

• Content Count:  1,777

the guy has the lowest ypc average out of our top 4 RBs. he doesn't even average 4 ypc.

why do people think he is our savior??

8 carries - 20 yds against Uconn.

It's not like the offensive line has done anything to help.  Watch when he gets the ball and see how many guys are around him.

I have watched other teams with OL that are no as talented as USF successfully run the ball. The only difference was play calling and scheme.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not complaining.  Grothe is our best running back.  Ford has been injured and missed the summer.  Taylor has also been injured and makes his stats look good by breaking one big run.  Plancher can't break a tackle.  Williams thinks he can run over D-Linemen.  So it's safe to say we've been snakebitten at running back.

As for Ford playing at WVU... I said in a previous thread, it ain't fun tackling physical running backs in the freezing cold.  He and Taylor should see the field a lot.  But West Virginia is weak against the pass, so hopefully we see Grothe throw it more ( to the guys in green, please.)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

... I said in a previous thread, it ain't fun tackling physical running backs in the freezing cold.  He and Taylor should see the field a lot.  ...

Would like to see Kelly get some carries also.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Jamar Taylor is the RB of USF's future.

Lakeland represent!

• Content Count:  4,501

YPC can be a very misleading stat unless you have an OL that is healthy and you get alot of carries.  Neither of those have happened this year.  Mike Ford had the high ankle sprain early this year and really has not been right since then although he seems to be getting better.

• Content Count:  1,260

If Ford doesn't make the trip...I hope we have that poster come back and tell us what he's having for lunch again. And it BETTER not be stroganoff this time!!   >:D

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

If my wife who knows nothing about football can predict when we will run the other defensive coordinator probably has a pretty good idea which play is coming.

Its the scheme formation and play calling thats a major part of the problem.

Archived