• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future seatin options at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

i can see in the foreseeable future that once we start getting more people attending games that students will be allowed to sit in BOTH endzones and opening parts of the west side upper deck...what do you all think

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think they will do that........they will always keep the students together and not split them up like that in the two endzones. I have been to many different college stadiums and have never seen the students split up. They started this yr expanding by moving the band to the corner and opening up the whole endzone to the students.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

I agree students will stay together besides we wont be getting 30k students to fill both endzones anyway

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

Exactly how far out in "the future" is this projection?

We'd have to be selling +44K/game on a regular basis for any sort of expansion. I doubt the student demand is going to shift to a stable point of excess...for instance, compare student seating for homecoming vs student seating at TennTech.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Student section needs to stay as one, no way they split that up. Would be nice to see them extend it around the Northeast endzone to where the band is currently seated. I'm thinking next year in the Big East, the North endzone will not hold them all.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

They will probably be pushed up into the 200 level north corners where it's pretty much empty now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

NE 200 corner was already full with students.  They would have to open NW 200 corner to them and move the very few season ticket holders in those sections.  What a great problem to have to deal with.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

According to a friend, they opened one section of the upper deck for the army game.  I should say, they were prepared to open one section in case it was needed.  They did not want to turn away students, so it was a contingency.  All the sections up there were taped off except the middle section and the all the bathrooms except 1 m and 1 f were gated and closed.  Had more students shown up, they were prepared to open the upper deck.  This just shows that we are getting closer to one day actually doing it.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Well, the Outback Jr. Bulls section moved from the SW corner (121) to the SE corner 125. Now my kids are away from the players and USF cheerleaders and they are starting to get grumpy about it. Plus our section catches the flak from opposing teams and the few drunk Bulls fans yelling back. If the students moved en mass to the south endzone, we might not be able to attend anymore as the sideline seats are not in the entertainment budget right now. Unless new cheap seats opened up somewhere else, you would lose 3 Bulls fans who are not alumni, plus our other friends we invite who don't know about the Bulls yet (and we are trying to get interested in the Bulls.)

The Outback Jr. Bulls Club membership for $25 is very interesting to the parents I have talked to about it. It is effectively a season ticket for a child under 12 to ANY USF sporting event. I think USF should invest in a little bit of advertising aimed at parents looking for sports enterainment that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. At $35 a pop for Bucs seats, I would never go to a Bucs game because for the cost of 4 tickets to a Bucs game you could get season tickets for the Bulls for you and two kids!

So my vote is keep the official student section in the north endzone. Some students migrate to the south endzone anyways. I was impressed with the 8 students who showed up in front of us in the 2nd quarter of the Army game. We moved from 125 to 124, because of a few Army fans behind us who saw fit to direct some mild Army language (no F bombs, but other cuss words) at the field. Since my family and our friends (Navy fans :)) had young children we moved away from the Army guys. Once one of the students realized they were in the kids section, he passed word to watch the language. At halftime, the two who were their to socialize wandered off. Another couple of students who wanted to be more rowdy moved to another section so as to not interfere with the kids enjoyment of the game. The 4 guys left were into the game and helped raise the volume of our section when the Bulls fans did have something to cheer about in the second half. (Which wasn't much. :()

The only other thing I would wish for is for one or two parents in the Outback Jr. Bulls section to teach their children sportsmanship. There are a few kids with the attitude of, you are a Bulls fans like me or I dispise you. But since the parents seem to share in that attitude, well I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. I've been trying to teach my kids that you root for the Bulls to win and root for the other team to screw up and help the Bulls (like yelling for the punt returner to drop the ball). When the Bulls win, you congratulate the other team for a good game and if the Bulls lose, you take the loss like a man and congratulate the other team for beating the Bulls. I'm starting to see that take hold, so I hope it sticks in the future.

Kizarvexis