• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TPD told me it was inappropriate to stand up!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,640
  • Days Won:  6

The "official" policy at Ray Jay is that standing is not permitted for safety reasons.  If you are at your seats, you are supposed to be seated.

So does that mean whoever is trying to start the wave can get arrested for public endangerment - inciting people to stand up at their seats?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

So does that mean whoever is trying to start the wave can get arrested for public endangerment - inciting people to stand up at their seats?

Whoever starts the wave should be shot ................. and then ejected and banned from ever coming back into the stadium for a Bulls game.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446

Here's a new rule for ya....

There must be a 40-point difference in score (either way  :( ) before anyone can start the wave.

(of course by that time, 3/4 of our "fans" have left and there won't be enough people to "wave")

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I am getting really tired of the TSA, the Glazer Nazis, and local law enforcement regarding "the rules." They are there to just hassle fans, and not do a **** thing when appropriate times call for them.

Point 1:

My wife went to the washroom only to find an overly drunk girl who was in alchohol poisoning distress. My wife, being the RN she is went to attend the girl and asked someone to get help. The girl who went out to get help went to 4 county cops who IGNORED HER!!! She then went to some parameds she saw at the concession stand, and they came in, but stood around watching my wife take care of this girl. It wasn't until she asked for help did they jump in. When they carted the girl off to the hospital, did the cops stop her friends and ask for ID"S to see if they were underage.

Point 2:

When leaving the game against So. Miss, my wife tripped over an unmarked curb and severly hurt herself. There was a cop standing right there and did nothing, said nothing. In fact he turned the other way.

Point 3

When we came to the game, there were seats open  by the pirate ship. We were told that these were reserved for physically challenged people and their families. We said Ok and proceeded to move over to others we saw which were regular seats. As we were moving over, a blue shirt "usher" said "if you don't like it, you can leave the game." I turned around and said what did you say? He said if I didn't like it I could leave. Mind you, not one in our party said anything to provoke a response. All we said was ok, and moved over to the other seats which were fine seats. I told him why don't you get a real job and moved over to the seats. Next thing I knew I was summond by a county cop who pulled me aside and asked what the problem was. I told him the story and he said just go back to your seat. BUT all night long I had a cop keeping an eye on me and my family.

My point is...

I know they have a tough job to do. But I think their priorities need to be adjusted to helping patrons, instead of bullying patrons. I support the police, as I come from a family of relatives who are and were on the job. But the treatment given at our football games would make all of them who are passed roll in their graves.     The Reaper

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

I'll stand when I want and where I want to cheer for the Bulls.  Let them try and take me out.  I think that you just got a knucklehead for a cop.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

You got that right Bulldad.  Throughout the 4th quarter some woman about 2 rows behind my wife and I was shouting "Down in Front".  Her husband tried to shut her up but couldn't.  So what did we do?  We stood the whole time.

If she does this again, I will let her know that my 8 years of attendance trumps her occassional attendance so she should stuff it.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Let's start a fund for an on-campus stadium!!  I have a couple of bucks right now.  Just need about $19,999,998.00 more.  smazza, where are you?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

I know that George Steinbrenner already supports the school but we need his grand kids to attend USF, that should make up the difference of 19,999,998.00.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

$20 million isn't going to do $hit.

The minimum cost you would be looking at is $100 million.

The debt service on an $80 million 30-year loan at 5% would be in excess of $425,000 per month.  At 3% it would be in excess of $330,00 per month.

You've got to have some serious concession and ticket revenue to cover that kind of nugget.  Altough I think we are being raped by the Glazers, our current rent is reasonable in comparison.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

$20 million isn't going to do $hit.

The minimum cost you would be looking at is $100 million.

The debt service on an $80 million 30-year loan at 5% would be in excess of $425,000 per month.  At 3% it would be in excess of $330,00 per month.

You've got to have some serious concession and ticket revenue to cover that kind of nugget.  Altough I think we are being raped by the Glazers, our current rent is reasonable in comparison.

Relax, take a deep breath.  It was a joke.  The number is really irrelevent.

Is this better?

Now we just need $99,999,998.00.