• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranked Coaches Salaries comparison

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Leavitt is being paid back for years and years of putting in 6 days - 17 hours per day weeks back when he was getting 75k and working in a trailer.  He lagged CUSA coaches when we were in CUSA.  He lagged BE coaches until his last round of contracts a couple years ago.   We are 4 years in a row with a bowl (most likely) and in a BCS conference because of him.  

Consider he was the co defensive coordinator with Stoops at K State when Stoops went to UF with Spurrier to make a ton of money.  Instead CJL came here for 75k and a pipe dream.  He had to do everything where SToops had everything handed to him.  Money, assistants, recruiters, etc..  Now Stoops is making major bucks and CJL is just making it to the dance.  He is finally getting what he deserves.

If you feel strongly about us getting to the next level, pony up some cash and help them get the things they need next.  STroke a check for the dining hall.  Stroke one to help pay for recruiting trips, or assistants, or whatever you think we need.

This is a constrained program but CJL is finally being paid, in arrears, for the work he did.  BTW< Alabama came calling twice for $1m and more for him and he turned them down, even though he was making a lot less.  The guy is a true USF bull.

The program needs people to stfu and put up (cash that is).  If you are not happy with it, cancel your donations, pull your season tix, and leave it for a real fan.

It is funny to me how people are all high and mighty in their ivory towers about we should win this, or that, or should be top 10, or whatever.   Look at a lot of the teams not in the top 25, and how many years they have had a program, and look at their athletics budgets, etc.   Some of these universities/colleges have been around 100 effin years and they have more alumni than we could ever imagine since we have only been around 50 years as a local commuter college.  

If you cannot take a look at where we are, what we have accomplished, and how much work is left to do, then you are taking a short sided view.

I pay plenty of money to see a 1-3 BE team. I don't need to hear people ***** about low assistant salary pools when our HC is the 2nd highest paid in the conference. Don't you think Wally has put the time and effort in?

I don't expect anything out of this program but to compete in the BE. We can't even do that.

Do you think leavitt turned down UF D job to come to USF? I think not.

Let Leavitt make some sacrifices for this program. Let him come up with more money for quality assistants.

criticize the donors all you want but the fact is he is the 35th highest paid coach in the country and the 2nd highest in this crappy conference and we still can't compete.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most play in tougher conferences.

Dude you mentioned ONE team from the Big 12, and three teams from the Big10.  The rest are all "mid-major" conferences.  

no offense but the MWC has 3 ranked teams. that conference is by far better than the BE this year. That's 7 coaches out of the top 25 teams that are in better conferences than USF that pay their head coach less money.

I'd like to see a comparison of HC V coordinator salaries. Something tells me their assistants make a higher percentage of salary pool than ours.

Every single contract renegotitation Leavitt has had, included higher assistant salaries.  He even held off on signing a couple times until that was addressed.

so tell me why he is the 2nd highest paid head coach in the BE and we have the lowest paid assistants? Shouldn't we have the 2nd highest paid assistants if he wanted to keep it fair?

I was going to start with an insult, but deleted that out and figured I'd try logic again...  Lets see if it works or not.

Simply look at the genesis of the team 12 years ago, and the ascent through CUSA and BE to see how we have arrived where we are.  Very difficult to walk in and say, my assistant xx coach makes 80k, now I want him to make 160k.   He has been able to bring them up substantially with each new contract negotiation, but not a doubling each time.   To keep in line with others in the conference, we would have had to have more doubling of salaries eacdh time.  But the program could not support that.

Lets also not forget that we have achieved the level of growth and success in spite of a revolving door of assistants.   CJL has been the only constant.

Again, you fricken people think we are supposed to be a USC or OSU or Texas or something.   We are 12 years old.   Only a 1A for the past 7 years or so.  Only in a conference for 6 years, and in a BCS for 3.   We are newcomers in every measurable way.

I don't know, you tell me why we have not won the NC yet......  Must be that everyone should get fired..   Yes, that is the answer (note the sarcasm here).

No no NC expectations. I don't think we can compete with USC,OSU or many others. Again I just think we should be able to compete in our conference. I'm tired of the young program stuff too. Wasn't BSU a 1-aa team not long ago? How successful have they been? We haven't finished higher than 3rd in our own conference.

Quit ******** about low salaries for assistants when we pay our HC almost double what WVU does. Quit ******** about crappy coordinators when we pay our HC $300k more than Kelly and Wanstadt.

I think there is a reason Schiano lost 6 assistants last year and it's beacuase he hoards all of the coaches salary pool. He tries to hire on the cheap and keeps complaining they don't have enough money when he makes $2m per year. I think Leavitt can give up some guaranteed money for the guys who work for him.

• Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

You know how Rutgers can pay Schiano all that money?  It was recently discovered that Schiano is paid an unrecorded extra 250K.

It also helps when the state government gives 2.25 Million of taxpayer money to your football program.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/trenton_quiety_sent_25_million.html

So, you are for wealth distribution?

I jest....

No I'm not but when you pay your HC 10 times what you pay the guy to run your offense then you shouldn't expect quality work.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I jest....

Definitely sounds like the philosophy of an Obama supporter....  Lets tax the 5% who are already paying 50% of taxes, a little more....

But then I can save that for the Mad Cow Lounge...  :-)

I jest....

Definitely sounds like the philosophy of an Obama supporter....  Lets tax the 5% who are already paying 50% of taxes, a little more....

But then I can save that for the Mad Cow Lounge...  :-)

no it actually sounds like a smart business man.

If I'm a contractor and respect my business and expect to produce quality work do I go out and hire the cheapest labor I can find and pay them 1/10th what I make?

Or do i go out and find quality workers and pay them 1/5th of what I make and have them do a much better job for me thereby increasing the value of my business in the long run?

you guys aren't very bright are you? Would you be happy if leavitt hired a High school OC and paid him $75k or a guy like UF OC and paid him $290k? Do you think you get better work for higher pay?

• Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think leavitt turned down UF D job to come to USF? I think not.

He turned down the head coach job at Alabama twice and the K-state head coach job which both offered significantly higher salaries than he was making in order to stay at USF...so what's your point?

Let Leavitt make some sacrifices for this program. Let him come up with more money for quality assistants.

I believe IncrediBULL has been trying to tell you the many sacrifices Leavitt has made over the past 12 years but you aren't listening, just taking the current situation and ******** that he isn't making any further sacrifices

I assume if you sacrificed on pay in your job you would cut that pay for the newcommers once you finally start to make a significant salary. Also, in your comparison to other coaches it would be interesting to compare their tenure as well as the the salary each coach was making in the same year, ie...Leavit's salary his first year vs WVU's coach in his first year.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Don't give me the "Leavitt deseves the money because he built this program from hours  of wotk BS.

Leavitt deserves everything he has, but it's not like coaches at other schools aren't working just as hard.

Leavitt makes PLENTY, yet his assistants are still paid like crap...

• Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Don't give me the "Leavitt deseves the money because he built this program from hours  of wotk BS.

Leavitt deserves everything he has, but it's not like coaches at other schools aren't working just as hard.

Leavitt makes PLENTY, yet his assistants are still paid like crap...

Actually just about every coach at all other schools have been handed a program already in progress and have NOT had to put in the work Leavitt has. At THIS juncure, yes he is on level footing as the rest but he has had to do one heck of a lot more with far less resources at his disposal in order to get us here. Either that has been forgotten or fans are just too new to the program to have experienced the earlier days.

Archived