• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranked Coaches Salaries comparison

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Jim Leavitt USF $1.5M 2nd in BE

#3 PSU (9-0) Joe Pa $1.5M

#9 OSU (7-1) Mike Gundy $1.05M

#10 Utah (8-0) Kyle W. $700k

#11 BSU (7-0) Chris P $900k

#13 TCU (8-1) Gary P. $1.3M

#16 Ball State (8-0) Brady H. $240k

#17 Minn (7-1) Tim B $1.0M

#18 Tulsa (8-0) Todd G. $1.1M

#20 BYU (7-1) Bronco M $650k

#21 MSU (7-2) Mark D $1.15M

Leavitt gets paid = to or more than all of these coaches. Most play in tougher conferences. If Leavitt wants more money to hire quality assistants then tell him to take it out of his own pocket. It's his responsibility to build a quality staff. Kelly and Wanstache get paid $300k less than leavitt. The guy from WVU gets paid $700k less and he did this so they could hire a quality staff of assistants.

The only one that is higher in the BE is Schiano and notice that he lost 6 assistants last year. Could it be that they are hoarding all of the cash instead of paying descent assistants??

Please quit complaining of our restrained budget and realize that our limited coaching dollars go straight to the top.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

Most play in tougher conferences.

Dude you mentioned ONE team from the Big 12, and three teams from the Big10.  The rest are all "mid-major" conferences.  

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought JoePa's salary wasn't public.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt is being paid back for years and years of putting in 6 days - 17 hours per day weeks back when he was getting 75k and working in a trailer.  He lagged CUSA coaches when we were in CUSA.  He lagged BE coaches until his last round of contracts a couple years ago.   We are 4 years in a row with a bowl (most likely) and in a BCS conference because of him.  

Consider he was the co defensive coordinator with Stoops at K State when Stoops went to UF with Spurrier to make a ton of money.  Instead CJL came here for 75k and a pipe dream.  He had to do everything where SToops had everything handed to him.  Money, assistants, recruiters, etc..  Now Stoops is making major bucks and CJL is just making it to the dance.  He is finally getting what he deserves.

If you feel strongly about us getting to the next level, pony up some cash and help them get the things they need next.  STroke a check for the dining hall.  Stroke one to help pay for recruiting trips, or assistants, or whatever you think we need.

This is a constrained program but CJL is finally being paid, in arrears, for the work he did.  BTW< Alabama came calling twice for $1m and more for him and he turned them down, even though he was making a lot less.  The guy is a true USF bull.

The program needs people to stfu and put up (cash that is).  If you are not happy with it, cancel your donations, pull your season tix, and leave it for a real fan.

It is funny to me how people are all high and mighty in their ivory towers about we should win this, or that, or should be top 10, or whatever.   Look at a lot of the teams not in the top 25, and how many years they have had a program, and look at their athletics budgets, etc.   Some of these universities/colleges have been around 100 effin years and they have more alumni than we could ever imagine since we have only been around 50 years as a local commuter college.  

If you cannot take a look at where we are, what we have accomplished, and how much work is left to do, then you are taking a short sided view.

Dude you mentioned ONE team from the Big 12, and three teams from the Big10.  The rest are all "mid-major" conferences.  

no offense but the MWC has 3 ranked teams. that conference is by far better than the BE this year. That's 7 coaches out of the top 25 teams that are in better conferences than USF that pay their head coach less money.

I'd like to see a comparison of HC V coordinator salaries. Something tells me their assistants make a higher percentage of salary pool than ours.

no offense but the MWC has 3 ranked teams. that conference is by far better than the BE this year. That's 7 coaches out of the top 25 teams that are in better conferences than USF that pay their head coach less money.

I'd like to see a comparison of HC V coordinator salaries. Something tells me their assistants make a higher percentage of salary pool than ours.

Every single contract renegotitation Leavitt has had, included higher assistant salaries.  He even held off on signing a couple times until that was addressed.

I thought JoePa's salary wasn't public.

all public university employees are subject to new law. he challenged it in court but lost.

Every single contract renegotitation Leavitt has had, included higher assistant salaries.  He even held off on signing a couple times until that was addressed.

so tell me why he is the 2nd highest paid head coach in the BE and we have the lowest paid assistants? Shouldn't we have the 2nd highest paid assistants if he wanted to keep it fair?

so tell me why he is the 2nd highest paid head coach in the BE and we have the lowest paid assistants? Shouldn't we have the 2nd highest paid assistants if he wanted to keep it fair?

I was going to start with an insult, but deleted that out and figured I'd try logic again...  Lets see if it works or not.

Simply look at the genesis of the team 12 years ago, and the ascent through CUSA and BE to see how we have arrived where we are.  Very difficult to walk in and say, my assistant xx coach makes 80k, now I want him to make 160k.  He has been able to bring them up substantially with each new contract negotiation, but not a doubling each time.  To keep in line with others in the conference, we would have had to have more doubling of salaries eacdh time.  But the program could not support that.

Lets also not forget that we have achieved the level of growth and success in spite of a revolving door of assistants.  CJL has been the only constant.

Again, you fricken people think we are supposed to be a USC or OSU or Texas or something.  We are 12 years old.  Only a 1A for the past 7 years or so.  Only in a conference for 6 years, and in a BCS for 3.  We are newcomers in every measurable way.

I don't know, you tell me why we have not won the NC yet......  Must be that everyone should get fired..  Yes, that is the answer (note the sarcasm here).

Archived