• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, I'll bring it up - paint rehash

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

until we are in top 25 on a regular basis we don't deserve a stadium on campus

Where do you come up with these?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why build a stadium for a team that doesn't win

i wouldn't invest a dime in a losing program and neither  would the state of florida

until USF becomes a power no one will put a stadium on campus

scbull- i was writing in the oracle about bringing football to usf  when you were in diapers

why build a stadium for a team that doesn't win

Winning and being a consistant top 25 team are not the same thing.

until USF becomes a power no one will put a stadium on campus

I'm not sure that's true either.

scbull- i was writing in the oracle about bringing football to usf  when you were in diapers

There you go again, presuming you know anything about me.  Even if this were true, what does it have to do with any of this?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no one will discuss the building of on campus stadium until USF wins.they are  clearly connected in the world we live  in today

you asked me where i came up with these ? 30 years ago

that is your problem- you can't  tell fact from fiction

if i say it- it is the gospel

you will come around

go bulls

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Steve, I agree with you in some way. It is the being held hostage by the Glazers and the Tampa Sports Authority that I can't stand. YES, we do need our own stadium. But we need someone to step up with the $$$ to build a nice facility, rather than a mediocre stadium. This comes with winning and recognizability. Thus, your statement is correct. I say in the next 5-6 years down da road. Until that time, we will continue being held hostage!  Reaper

ps. you coming in for Homecoming?

that is your problem- you can't  tell fact from fiction

if i say it- it is the gospel

you will come around

I hope you were being sarcastic.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

Steve, I agree with you in some way. It is the being held hostage by the Glazers and the Tampa Sports Authority that I can't stand. YES, we do need our own stadium. But we need someone to step up with the $$$ to build a nice facility, rather than a mediocre stadium. This comes with winning and recognizability. Thus, your statement is correct. I say in the next 5-6 years down da road. Until that time, we will continue being held hostage!  Reaper

Reaper - Exactly.  I heard it put this way.  The rent we pay to the Glazers is FAR LESS than the money needed to build a stadium.  

I think an on-campus stadium can be built, once we have the ability to sell AT LEAST 40,000+ season tickets (and the donations that go with most of them)... and that will happen as the team builds a winning tradition.

Again, there's a difference between winning and being a consistent top 25 team.  We have been winning. Obviously, the better we do, the more likely it would be to get an on campus/near campus stadium.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Jim - you are correct, it is far less than what it would cost us to carry debt on a new stadium.  However, we are getting it in the backside by paying our rent to a private owner to use a "community" stadium, not to mention all of the parking and concession money he is reaping from us.

Not sure how much our actual rent is but $125,000 per game is ringing a bell.  Maybe that's rent plus what they are getting in concession and parking.

I don't mind paying to play but if it is a "community" stadium then our rent should be going to the TSA not the Glazers.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

That's a lot of money.  We pay probably around 25K-30K per game for rent, plus they get parking and concessions.  Obviously the CB isn't an NFL stadium but that's a huge difference in price.