• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, I'll bring it up - paint rehash

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

RJWGoBulls,  give the Glazers time they will find away to put the screws to the city/fans.  They don't do something unless there is a big profit, from what I understand to complete the take over they may need to sell the Bucs.  Personally I am hoping so, put the team in a local ownership group (Outback Group).  But with that said I do feel sorry for the Man U. fans, ticket and beer prices will be going up soon!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

87 - The city will not build United a stadium.  Not in a million years.  It is not in there interests.  

To take over they need to get the majority share holders to sell there stake and if today story is to be believed, that aint happening

US tycoon Malcolm Glazer's attempt to take over Manchester United is close to breaking down, according to reports.

Shares in Man Utd Plc fluctuated on Thursday amid speculation Glazer's talks with the Cubic Expression Group had collapsed.

United shares fell as much as 4% but recovered to trade down 0.6%.

Supporters group Shareholders United claim they can scupper Glazer's attempt to take over at Old Trafford because their members own 18% of the shares.

Glazer was thought to be in talks with John Magnier and JP McManus to buy their 28.9% stake in the club but Reuters newsagency reported the discussions were near to collapse.

Glazer, who holds 19% of United, was thought to be ready to meet the pair's asking price of just over £3 a share.

Shareholders United had written to every fan with shares in United in September asking them not to sell their stake in the event of a takeover bid.

And according to group spokesman Oliver Houston they had a "fantastic response."

Meanwhile, another organisation against a possible Glazer takeover recently registered their unhappiness at a Manchester United reserve game at Altrincham.

Members of Manchester Education Committee (MEC) invaded the pitch in a peaceful protest, aiming a 'Not For Sale' banner at the cameras of MUTV.

Man Utd condemn protest  

And they have warned the club that if it continues to ignore fans' concerns, they would render it "ungovernable".

Manchester United director Maurice Watkins has also been targeted, with vandals damaging his car.

The attack is thought to be in retribution for Watkins selling one million club shares that later ended up as part of Glazer's stake.

Staff at Glazer's PR firm Brunswick have also had to deal with offensive emails as well as taxis, pizzas and a large skip they did not order.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3728712.stm

RJW, thanks for the info and good luck to you and Man U.  For your sake I hope it does not happen.  Even tho' the Glazers brought in Gruden and the TB Bucs now have a Super Bowl victory which I would not trade for a million years I think long term they are bad news.  I think our biggest fear is that they actually get the NFL to allow them to move the TB Bucs to LA.  We are all hoping that they sell the Bucs and take the expansion team in LA and hold LA hostage for awhile.

But again like I said good luck to you and Man U....Go Bulls beat Army

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

OK...So the Sun Dome is not owned by USF?  I did not know that but either way I thought that the NCAA rules preside over all events held on campus when it involves the university.  If all of that washes out then what private entity would be willing to purchase the on-campus land and build USF a football stadium.  Also if it could be done then how or why not are other schools not taking advantage of the ability to server beer.  They would make alot more money.

Beer sales are no longer regulated by the NCAA.  They have turned that over to the conferences to manage.  I know the SEC does not allow alcohol sales and CUSA & BE do allow them, but I am not sure of other conferences.

Beer sales are no longer regulated by the NCAA.  They have turned that over to the conferences to manage.  I know the SEC does not allow alcohol sales and CUSA & BE do allow them, but I am not sure of other conferences.

Well then...That opens the door.  I would much rather  have an on-campus stadium, not for the beer sells but for the tradition and student attendance.  Plus if the stadium is on campus then the alumni will be able to see the school and see how it has changed for the better which could also lead to more dollar support.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

until we are in top 25 on a regular basis we don't deserve a stadium on campus

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

To my knowledge Beer can not be sold in a stadium where the sole purpose is college athletics ... hence in South Carolina beer wasn't sold.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

I believe beer sales are restricted at official NCAA sanctioned events-  bowl games, march madness etc.  If the NCAA had a round of march madness at the Sun Dome, they would not be able to sell beer. Otherwise, I thought it was up to the university.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

OK...So the Sun Dome is not owned by USF?  I did not know that...

The Sun Dome is not really an "independently owned and operated" entity.  The Sun Dome is operated by the non-profit corporation Sun Dome, Inc., a direct support organziation for the university -- like the USF Alumni Association, USF Foundation, and the Bulls Club.

Chances are, if USF ever builds an on-campus stadium, Sun Dome, Inc. will operate it (they currently operate the Sun Dome, Red McEwen Field, the USF Softball Complex, and the Claw (USF gold course).

Here is the Florida statute on DSO's, so you can see how it is tied to USF:

1004.28  Direct-support organizations; use of property; board of directors; activities; audit; facilities.--

(1)  DEFINITIONS.--For the purposes of this section:

(a)  "University direct-support organization" means an organization which is:

1.  A Florida corporation not for profit incorporated under the provisions of chapter 617 and approved by the Department of State.

2.  Organized and operated exclusively to receive, hold, invest, and administer property and to make expenditures to or for the benefit of a state university in Florida or for the benefit of a research and development park or research and development authority affiliated with a state university and organized under part V of chapter 159.

3.  An organization that a state university board of trustees, after review, has certified to be operating in a manner consistent with the goals of the university and in the best interest of the state. Any organization that is denied certification by the board of trustees shall not use the name of the university that it serves.

(B)  "Personal services" includes full-time or part-time personnel as well as payroll processing.

(2)  USE OF PROPERTY.--

(a)  Each state university board of trustees is authorized to permit the use of property, facilities, and personal services at any state university by any university direct-support organization, and, subject to the provisions of this section, direct-support organizations may establish accounts with the State Board of Administration for investment of funds pursuant to part IV of chapter 218.

(B)  The board of trustees shall prescribe by rule conditions with which a university direct-support organization must comply in order to use property, facilities, or personal services at any state university. Such rules shall provide for budget and audit review and oversight by the board of trustees.

©  The board of trustees shall not permit the use of property, facilities, or personal services at any state university by any university direct-support organization that does not provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, or national origin.

(3)  BOARD OF DIRECTORS.--The chair of the university board of trustees may appoint a representative to the board of directors and the executive committee of any direct-support organization established under this section. The president of the university for which the direct-support organization is established, or his or her designee, shall also serve on the board of directors and the executive committee of any direct-support organization established to benefit that university.

(4)  ACTIVITIES; RESTRICTION.--A university direct-support organization is prohibited from giving, either directly or indirectly, any gift to a political committee or committee of continuous existence as defined in s. 106.011 for any purpose other than those certified by a majority roll call vote of the governing board of the direct-support organization at a regularly scheduled meeting as being directly related to the educational mission of the university.

(5)  ANNUAL AUDIT.--Each direct-support organization shall provide for an annual financial audit of its accounts and records to be conducted by an independent certified public accountant in accordance with rules adopted by the Auditor General pursuant to s. 11.45(8) and by the university board of trustees. The annual audit report shall be submitted, within 9 months after the end of the fiscal year, to the Auditor General and the State Board of Education for review. The State Board of Education, the university board of trustees, the Auditor General, and the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability shall have the authority to require and receive from the organization or from its independent auditor any records relative to the operation of the organization. The identity of donors who desire to remain anonymous shall be protected, and that anonymity shall be maintained in the auditor's report. All records of the organization other than the auditor's report, management letter, and any supplemental data requested by the State Board of Education, the university board of trustees, the Auditor General, and the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability shall be confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1).

(6)  FACILITIES.--In addition to issuance of indebtedness pursuant to s. 1010.60(2), each direct-support organization is authorized to enter into agreements to finance, design and construct, lease, lease-purchase, purchase, or operate facilities necessary and desirable to serve the needs and purposes of the university, as determined by the systemwide strategic plan adopted by the State Board of Education. Such agreements are subject to the provisions of s. 1013.171.

(7)  ANNUAL BUDGETS AND REPORTS.--Each direct-support organization shall submit to the university president and the State Board of Education its federal Internal Revenue Service Application for Recognition of Exemption form (Form 1023) and its federal Internal Revenue Service Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax form (Form 990).