• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Louisville beats Miami...

Guest HowieP1
Louisville and USM both are undefeated... do they play each other...  if not... then what happens?

Conference Champ May Be Hand-Picked

Published: Oct 7, 2004

TAMPA - With the league schedule at the quarter mark, Louisville, Southern Miss and UAB are the only remaining unbeaten teams in Conference USA.

Too bad they might never know which one is better. Because league teams play eight C-USA games, each team does not play two opponents. Louisville doesn't play Southern Miss or UAB, so it's possible UL and either USM or UAB could finish league play 8-0.

If that happens - or if there is any tie for the league title, for that matter - the Liberty Bowl picks the team to represent C- USA as its champion. There are no head-to-head tiebreakers or point differential formulas, just whomever Liberty Bowl executive director Steve Ehrhart prefers.

With Louisville, Southern Miss, Tulane and USF all having to play rescheduled hurricane games on Dec. 3 or 4, C-USA's five bowls could be in a serious holding pattern until after those games.

That, in turn, could drastically hurt attendance of C-USA's bowls and also keep a sixth C- USA bowl-eligible team from accepting a bid to a nonconference bowl, if available.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBM48D700E.html

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

no need to worry your little head about that.. UL isnt gonna beat UM.

Oh is that right.  UL has a streak of 8 straight BCS wins.  In that bunch includes Syracuse, FSU, North Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi....

Did you know this year UL beat UNC 34-0, and absolutely annihilated them.  UNC had 220 yards total offense, and never came close to scoring, while UL had 475 yards total offense, and missed a FG.

FSU played UNC a week later, both games in Chapel Hill, and FSU won 38-19.  FSU racked up 443 total yards, but UNC racked up 369.    

MIND YOU THIS IS A UNC TEAM THAT JUST BEAT NCST PRETTY GOOD- 12TH RANKED NCST!!!!!

UL has been a model of consistency this year.  No one can stop them, and they have simply walked over everyone.  They beat ECU this weekend 59-7, and had almost 600 yards total offense to ECU's 210 total yards (consider WVU beat ECU 56-23, and the yardage wasn't nearly as disparaging).  They've outscored their opponents this year 173-28.

If any non-BCS team ever had a shot at beating Miami it's UL!  Right now they line up four Parade All-American players on offense- Eric Shelton, Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, and Lionel Gates, not to mention the Montrell Jones was a USA TODAY 2nd Team All-American, and JR Russell has turned into one of the best WR in America.

UL has some sick talent.  If their OL can block they've got the kind of talent on offense that even 95% of BCS programs dream about!  I am telling you UL is ready for the bigtime, and this Miami game could be their coming out party.  I'll put it to you this way, if Miami plays like they did against GTech, Houston, and LaTech, then I think UL wins this one big.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

Louisville will not beat Miami. I will be at the game cheering for the Canes. Go Miami. IF LOUISVILLE BEATS MIAMI I WILL EAT MY DOGS ****.

• Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Louisville will not beat Miami. I will be at the game cheering for the Canes. Go Miami. IF LOUISVILLE BEATS MIAMI I WILL EAT MY DOGS ****.

Why the support for the canes?  The more UL wins, the better for USF (except next week) and the NBE.

Been a Canes fan all my life gre up in ft laud.... starting fullback well now a hb was a HS teammate. My parents both grad from there and a louisville win in a non conf game does not help usf that much

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

79',

don't focus on the support of the Canes comment. Focus on the second part of that statement and EATING THE DOG CRAP!  I wanna' watch that. Some things ought not be said or they could come back to bite you or in this case get bitten. ;D

LOL ill stand by that

Guest HowieP1
a louisville win in a non conf game does not help usf that much

Louisville beating Miami would definitely help the perception of the new Big East.

It might even attract some recruits to us who have been turned off to the conference by all the negativity in the press. Especially, if we could then turn around and beat Louisvile.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

If Louisville beats Miami....monkeys will fly out of my butt.  8)