• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Louisville beats Miami...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone who has watched UL play this season would know they have a better than average chance of beating Miami.  I watched Miami play GT in Atlanta and let me tell you they were average at best.  I told the Miami fans then and I will tell this board now that not only do I think UL will beat Miami I wouldn't be shocked if UL wins by 10 or more.

To answer the original question.  There is no doubt that UL will be in a BCS game if they go undefeated.  In my opinion an undefeated season with a win over the #3 team would warrant a title shot if there was only one other undefeated team.  I know this would not happen, because an unfair system is in place.  You might think I am full of crap but I follow college sports very close and Louisville will win.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

If Miami plays like they did against Houston they will lose.  That game was in Houston, and Miami acted like they just needed to show up to win. However, UL has a team this year.  

I am not guaranteeing a winner, but lets just say that thus far UL has been more of the most impressive teams in all of college football.  They've played better than FSU thus far just by virtue of comparing a like opponent.  They'll have one more like opponent in UL.

We'll get a clearer picture on Thursday Night, but if Miami doesn't get the QB position in order, and must rely all night on the run like in Texas, then UL could do some damage.  UL will score, its all going to come down to UL's defense and whether they can contain Miami enough to give their offense a fighting chance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

u guys are nuts Miami will win something along the lines of 35-10

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UL has a good chance to upset miami

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

u guys are nuts Miami will win something along the lines of 35-10

Well, in that case Louisville shouldn't even show up.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

If Louisville beats Miami....monkeys will fly out of my butt.  8)

Please take video.  Would like to compare it to the movie "Almighty Bruce".  That was quite the amusing scene.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

If Louisville's offense can put up some points on Miami, I wouldn't want to count on Brock Berlin to lead them to some points. I know Miami's defense is very good, but Berlin flat out sucks. Louisville has a very good chance against Miami IMO.

Guest HowieP1

College football

Louisville's Floridians look to make their mark

By wire services

Published October 12, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Louisville will earn the biggest win in school history if it upsets third-ranked Miami on Thursday night.

For more than two dozen Cardinals, it's more personal.

Many of the 26 Floridians on Louisville's roster never even got a look from Miami when they were recruited. A few did but figured they would sit on the bench for at least a season or two, maybe longer. Some still have close friends who play for the Hurricanes, and others will have packs of family members at Thursday's game.

Whatever the reason, all of them have something to prove when the 18th-ranked Cardinals visit the Orange Bowl.

"It's very important. We look at it as life or death," said J.R. Russell, a graduate of Gaither High in Tampa and Louisville's leading receiver.

Russell was one of the players snubbed by Miami, and that's okay with him. He grew up a Florida State fan. He achingly remembers two infamous field goal misses that cost his beloved Seminoles in two losses to Miami in the early 1990s.

"Them kicks, man, we just couldn't get them kicks. Wide right," he said. "We're going to get to go down there now."

Defensive end Elvis Dumervil, Louisville's lone Miami native, grew up 10 minutes from the Miami campus and rooted for the Hurricanes as a boy. He'll have more than 50 relatives in attendance at the Orange Bowl, where he played several games as a prep star.

"It's going to be a great feeling. I'm so excited to get back home and show the crowd a good game," said Dumervil, who played at Jackson High.

Jacksonville product and running back Lionel Gates, who will have a group of 20 friends and family at the game, was ready to commit to the Hurricanes until a visit to Louisville changed his mind. He also was hesitant because Miami already had a commitment from Frank Gore.

"This is an opportunity to show those guys they should've gotten me on their team," Gates said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/12/Sports/Louisville_s_Floridia.shtml

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

You can still buy tickets for this game.  Miami sports fans are the worst.  How can the #3 team in the country not sell out?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

They are bad down in Miami.  The fans that is.  Up until this point Louisville has done everything a high ranked team should do.  Beat folks soundly that they should and win all their games.  Just my opinion but I think the betting line is because of Miami name recognition and not great play.  Look for Louisville to move the ball and score and I think this will tell us more about how good Miami this year then Louisville .  UL has shown they are good but has Miami really done that ?