• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another basketBull commitment

Guest HowieP1

Speaking of research, I realized that there were two spellings for Abraham's first name. Some sites spelled it Denard and others Dennard.

This recent article says has more school offers than previously mentioned in the St Pete article:

September 9, 2004

Recruiting is getting heavy for former Select Big Man

Former select big fella, Dennard Abraham (6'9 - 260 pds), will be finishing his second year at South Plains Junior College in Lubbock, Texas. Since the end of last season Dennard has been feelling calls from a few Division 1 coaches looking to get his services. Dennard has to get his list down to 5 schools out of a list that includes South Florida, Cincinnati, Washington State, Purdue, Towson, Georgia State, New Mexico State, Utah State, St. Johns, Louisiana Tech. Dennard has received offers from South Florida, Georgia State, Utah State, Towson and Louisiana Tech. He has set up an official visit with South Florida for the first weekend in October. He has not comitted to signing during the early period, he will weigh all his options to find the best fit for his needs academically and athletically.

http://www.baltimoreselect.com/areanews.htm

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

And we are getting excited over Denard Abraham .  He is being recruited by Towson State ? Woopee.  He signed with St Louis ? Oboy wow.  Now Zaronn Cann at least looks like he may have potential.  And the big schools run like roaches when the lights come on with our other recruit because of a blown out knee(man he tore about everything he could tear up in a knee-that sounded ugly).  I know I am getting old but I don't see any McDonalds All Americans here and I gotta tell ya this does not sound like a recruiting class that puts us as a competetive team in the BE.  Hope I am wrong.

man the expectations are stratospheric

must think this is duke

question: how many mac donald's all americans did seth bring in? and how many ncaa dances did we go to with seth? how many 20 game winning season's did we have with seth?

i pose these questions only to show how unreasonable

some fans are being with IMO premature criticism

we do not have a great bball tradition, we are not red hot with wins so what the hell do you tell that great recruit to convince him to come here.

what you do is you bring in solid foundation of role players, you COACH them in a system to give more than what others expect: hard nosed defense, good shooting, smart deciplined play, (free throws please), and competetive night in and night out. you also take some carefully calculated risks on players that have fallen out of favour because of injury,academics or deciplin and if your system is good you recover more players than you lose.

with this in place then you go to that great recruit next year and beyond and say: the pieces are in place for you to be great here.

BTW this is the same formula JL is using in football-and we may get the stud program transforming QB next year

I maintain because of the nature of bball our rise to respectability in the BE will be more rapid than most believe.

i predict:

1. a near 500 season this year 04/05 (last in CUSA)

2. a better recuiting class in 05

3. a 500 season in 05/06 (first year in BE) we go to NY

4. a better recuiting class with at least 2 studs in 06

5. a 18 game or better season in 06/07 and we go to

post season and finally win one

if we accomplish this and it is not good enough then

go fish!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

And we are getting excited over Denard Abraham .  He is being recruited by Towson State ? Woopee.  He signed with St Louis ? Oboy wow.  Now Zaronn Cann at least looks like he may have potential.  And the big schools run like roaches when the lights come on with our other recruit because of a blown out knee(man he tore about everything he could tear up in a knee-that sounded ugly).  I know I am getting old but I don't see any McDonalds All Americans here and I gotta tell ya this does not sound like a recruiting class that puts us as a competetive team in the BE.  Hope I am wrong.

Cann is the one who tore up his knee.  Hence why Mac was able to pick him up.

If Mac is such a great coach, where was our improved FT shooting last year?  Weren't we worse than the year before?  Mac is not who many are making him out to be.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The improved FT shooting?  Exactly how many of the players were still Seth players?  That is why FT shooting wasn't great.  You can't judge FT shooting that quickly... look at only Macs recruits and check their FT shooting if you are going to do that.  Mosely was decent.. Holmes didn't play much.  Most of the misses came from leather/brigman.  

The improved FT shooting?  Exactly how many of the players were still Seth players?  That is why FT shooting wasn't great.  You can't judge FT shooting that quickly... look at only Macs recruits and check their FT shooting if you are going to do that.  Mosely was decent.. Holmes didn't play much.  Most of the misses came from leather/brigman.  

Everyone said that our FT shooting was horrible because of poor coaching on Seth's part.  If Mac is such a great coach, he should have been able to produce a modicum of improvement.  He is not good  hence he did not produce any improvement.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is no way to make Brigman a great, even good, FT shooter.  

You can't just come in and fix every problem out of the blue.  These players have been bad FT shooters their entire collegiate career, thanks to the FT training from Seth.  Practice doesn't make perfect.. perfect practice makes perfect.  Practicing poorly (last 3 years) just makes it that much tougher to undo.  Kryzewzki couldn't have made brigman a good FT shooter in a year.

BB, you continue to bash Mac, but here is all we here:

beefy-butt-squeeze-435x500.jpg

:-* ::goodbye::

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe someday we will all quit this Seth vs. Coach Mac nonsense. Seth had his chance here....lets all give Mac a couple more years before we are ready to build a bronze statue of the man oustside the SunDome or burn him at the stake. This is getting rediculous. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with getting exited about some of the recruits he is bringing in, who appear to be of some quality.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Here is the correxct link to the Louisville Basketball commits:

http://louisville.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?SID=923&School=38&Sport=2&Year=2005

****, looks like L'ville plucked a 6'8" 210 lb. small forward from our neck of the woods (Bradenton).  L'ville is looking like they have a top notch group of commits so far. USF really needs to land a big man.