• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another basketBull commitment

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Detractors? How about win and you'll get our support! Any coach can bring a ballyhooed recruiting class in... at least get us to .500 with it though.

I never once with Seth felt we didn't have a chance to win a big game (if the players brought their best game, we could beat anyone here). Last year with Mac, I felt we lost games before the team even stepped on the court. When that changes, I will be a Mac bandwagon.

I've been the same with Jose for women's hoops. This is the first time in four years where I feel we belong on the court with our competition. Now, will he live up to his billing with the players? I think so and he has my support!

a losing season in a transition year is not a disaster... its expected.  He should have everyone's support right now, at least for a couple more seasons.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

a losing season in a transition year is not a disaster... its expected.

At some schools, a transition year means they lose in the first round of the NCAA's. At other schools, a transition year means a solid 17-win season but no noise in March.

At USF, a transition year means the wheels coming off the program.

sigh

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

good point MarkeyMark. Seth didn't have a losing year at VaTech and they were in transition as much as we were!

The wheels coming off is all part of the process for USF... the culture of USF basketball has changed, abruptly, and it makes it difficult to succeed right away.  I  don't know how VaTech's culture was before Seth, but Seth and Mac are opposite of the spectrum on style, strategy and everything.  That is why we had a tough transition, and that is fine.

Guest HowieP1

Sheriff, since you like pictures.  ;D

girlsbasketball.jpg

Chris Howard is in the 2nd row from the top wearing the Friendly Jersey.

Boys' First Team

G Chris Howard, Friendly, Sr., 6-3

Talented player is equally adept at distributing the ball and scoring. Averaged 17.9 points, 10 assists and 6 rebounds. Had nine triple-doubles as Patriots won second state title in a row.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/hssports/longterm/allmets/winter04/basketball.htm

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

At some schools, a transition year means they lose in the first round of the NCAA's. At other schools, a transition year means a solid 17-win season but no noise in March.

At USF, a transition year means the wheels coming off the program.

sigh

and sucess was a 500 season with the great seth!.

if coach mac takes the wheels off to put new tires on

so a good season is play in march in ncaa an ave season is the nit and a transition is still a winning season then i am willing to give the man "constuction or repair" time to get the job done right

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

And we are getting excited over Denard Abraham .  He is being recruited by Towson State ? Woopee.  He signed with St Louis ? Oboy wow.  Now Zaronn Cann at least looks like he may have potential.  And the big schools run like roaches when the lights come on with our other recruit because of a blown out knee(man he tore about everything he could tear up in a knee-that sounded ugly).  I know I am getting old but I don't see any McDonalds All Americans here and I gotta tell ya this does not sound like a recruiting class that puts us as a competetive team in the BE.  Hope I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

Ill be good to see Seth's and coach Mac's records in the next couple of years. Or who makes it to NIT n NCAA's first

Wasn't Colin Dennis an All american candidate?  or at least would have been if he didn't have such a bad temper in his sophmore/junior years?