• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another basketBull commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

coach seth can hire his relatives like no  other

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

coach seth can hire his relatives like no  other

Steve, this is the 3rd different thread I have read today where you have posted virtually the same comment. You wouldn't be looking to feed the fire would you?

Omni, your expectations are about on par with mine and look pretty reasonable. I think TV exposure in the Big East will help our recruiting tremendously. Beastie and I do not see eye to eye on CRM but his point on USF being the only "southern" team in the Big east is well justified....this should lead us to a lot more quality recruits in our region.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Sorry but I am tired of the same.  Low expectations and little hope of having a competitive team going into the BE.  Now before you jump on me I am not taking shots at Coach Mac.  You have not heard them from me and you will not.  His job is next to impossible.  I think he is a fine coach but in an impossible situation.  He doesn't have the name recognition or facilities to attract the type of recruits required to compete in the BE.  We will be facing McDonalds All Americans night in and night out in the BE and this won't change.  We are going from probably the 5th or 6th best conference in the country to argueably the best.  Crazy as it sounds but the move to the BE so quick is just killing us.  Mac had a much better chance of getting wins in C-USA by building his team and then take a winning program into the BE after an NCAA appearance.  I will go to the games and enjoy the seasons no matter what because I have no expectations.  I think they will have a team that has solid fundamentals and play tough "D".  Until that big donor steps up with a huge infusion of cash I fear we will be one the bottom tier teams in the BE.

Will we have the worst basketball facility in the NBE? Any plans on the horizon for a new dome?

RH, I think you should start a whole new thread on your last comment.  Good one.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Will we have the worst basketball facility in the NBE? Any plans on the horizon for a new dome?

Man o man is today complain about everything day.  The dome is not that bad of a place.  

Second of all who is going to pay for a dome?  We had enough trouble raising funds for the ATH facility which is no where near the cost of a new arena.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Still waiting for a center scoreboard, which has been talked about for a few years. Didn't they already secure the beverage contract?

Are you kidding me Matt, the facilities are very sub-par for C-USA and I would think worse for the BE.  The score boards are so bad you can not even tell for sure the time or score.  Is that an 8 ? No its a 6.  The lights are burned out.  There will not be a scoreboard ever in the center, the structure will not support it.  The seats are so old that they cann't even find replacements because they don't make them anymore.  Football will take our money unless someone steps up and puts money in specificly for BB.  I hope someday that happens.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

There will not be a scoreboard ever in the center, the structure will not support it.

Gainesville has the EXACT same building that we do, including the exact same roof modifications. Yet somehow, they have an outstanding center scoreboard.

Gainesville has the EXACT same building that we do, including the exact same roof modifications. Yet somehow, they have an outstanding center scoreboard.

I don't know if the O'Connel Center is the exact same building structure.  Thought they had some pretty large swimming pools in there....don't know that the Sun Dome has the size to contain those.