• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Move Up Two Spots to No. 14 in Coaches Poll

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

What matters, no one jumped us... Hbryan is incorrect. He's probably thinking of the AP poll. We moved up two spots just like those other teams.

Right you are, I was thinking AP. I guess we didn't drop any against the competition, suprisingly.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158

Remember, last year after our horrific outing at FAU, we jumped from #6 to #5.  You don't need to win pretty to keep moving up like George and Weezy.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The TEAM has to take it one game at a time.

That's the great thing about college football. I am sure our guys will be very focused this week and we will play much better against NC State.

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

We were leap frogged by BYU, Penn St. and Ohio State.  With a good game we would be at 11, not 14.  Still, all-in-all, I'm glad we didn't drop but how we are still above Wake Forest?

do you honestly think wake forest would beat us on a neutral field?

• Content Count:  4,259

We were leap frogged by BYU, Penn St. and Ohio State.  With a good game we would be at 11, not 14.  Still, all-in-all, I'm glad we didn't drop but how we are still above Wake Forest?

do you honestly think wake forest would beat us on a neutral field?

\

Nope, but they did beat a ranked team at Doak Campbell stadium and we looked like dung against the 119th team out of 119 teams.  Just putting their win yesterday against ours in perspective.  Do you think that FSU and FIU are comparable?

• Content Count:  2,461

Nope, but they did beat a ranked team at Doak Campbell stadium and we looked like dung against the 119th team out of 119 teams.  Just putting their win yesterday against ours in perspective.  Do you think that FSU and FIU are comparable?

Sometimes you just can't draw comparisons.

BTW if we played FSU, we would SMASH them right now.

Not only is our team better, but it would be a chance to crack the "big three."

Man, that would be awesome.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

this is less USF "moving up" and more Oregon and Auburn moving down.

All the more proof that an ugly win still better than a pretty loss.

of course, any win is better than any loss.

but all wins are not created equal, and we aren't doing ourselves any favors by not handling business the way we should against these type of teams.

in order for us to continue growing and improving on our national image as a team, we need to start playing like we belong here.

we've already proven that on a good day we can compete with **** near any team in the country--- Louisville 2005, WVU 2006/7, Auburn 2007, Kansas 2008--- now we need to start imposing our will on inferior teams or we will continue to be viewed as a team that can get lucky a few times a season but that can't play our type of ball week in and week out.

this team lacks an identity, and until it gets one we are going to continue to not be taken seriously in national discussions.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

The TEAM has to take it one game at a time.

That's the great thing about college football. I am sure our guys will be very focused this week and we will play much better against NC State.

I agree i think they went down there thinkin the game was already won. The team had NO energy yesterday and won by just going thru the motions...I dont like seeing it though. read the espn game story cristobal said his team was more jacked up and played the best they have ever seen them play...and Leavitt said his team couldnt have played worse...FIU is already forgotten by the players and they refocus for NC State and get the ball rolling again..I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

By my count, West Virginia is at the equivalent of #43 in this poll. Does that crack anybody else up?

• Content Count:  3,403

By my count, West Virginia is at the equivalent of #43 in this poll. Does that crack anybody else up?

No, because we needed them to beat ECU and/or Colorado.  I'm not too upset with them losing 1 so we're the highest ranked Big East team, but they should have beaten Colorado.  They'll likely lose to Auburn anyway, though.

As for our ranking:  we should have been higher last week and we should be higher this week.  We have a win against a CURRENT top 20 team, which only 3 other teams in the nation can say.

Archived