• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Classy move by Coach Cristobal...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,617
  • Days Won:  29

STAMPEDE !!!

football@fiu.edu

Didn't realize he instigated this. It was a great moment and the commentaters commented as so, but was suprised I have not heard or seen anything on ESPN regarding it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

On the radio down there he said that he knew Bruce personally from when he had gone after him as an assistant at Rutgers...  He felt in that situation that it was the only thing to do.  Came accross as a very classy guy on the radio.

• Content Count:  16,358
  • Days Won:  43

Just to add, I watched some Sun Sports special that they had on Coach Cristobal last season. They basically showed how his life was, and he seemed like he was all class on that special. I just hope that FIU turns it around this season, so that he will have a good future in coaching. Good luck to FIU and  Coach Cristobal the rest of the season.

I think it was the blocked field goal... he got so fired up, a person at the watch party said "Why is he so mad?" At times he looked like he wanted to suit up and get on the line.

• Content Count:  2,277

I thought it was so cool seeing both teems kneeled together at the middle of the field.  It made you realize that the game is just that, "a game," and a player's life was the most important thing at the moment.

• Content Count:  5,241

They have a good coach down there. Hopefully they start to turn it around

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think it was the blocked field goal... he got so fired up, a person at the watch party said "Why is he so mad?" At times he looked like he wanted to suit up and get on the line.

Lol, my girlfriend goes "Holy crap, roid rage?" after she saw that. I half expected him to start headbutting some of the players, helmet and all. Gotta say, I gained a lot of respect for Mr. Cristobal from this game, regardless of how bad his team is.

• Content Count:  5

Lol, my girlfriend goes "Holy crap, roid rage?" after she saw that. I half expected him to start headbutting some of the players, helmet and all. Gotta say, I gained a lot of respect for Mr. Cristobal from this game, regardless of how bad his team is.

Funny thing is , he actually has headbutted players with helmets on.

I'm an FIU Fan and I've seen Coach Cristobal do his thing for the last year and I must say he is one of the most intense people I have ever seen. He must replace those white button up shirts after every game because they always are just soaked up with sweat and last season during our win against North Texas to close out the Orange Bowl he tackled a few of our D-Line men when the clock hit 0:00.

A lot of people are concerned about our wins and losses but as a person who has followed FIU Football since the Strock days I will say that Coach Cristobal is exactly what this program needs. The man leads by example and the team has turned 180 degrees as far as character and discipline.

• Content Count:  2,461

You guys know that CJL does this too...

I believe it was a couple years ago he came out of the lockerroom in the 3rd quarter with blood running down his forehead.

• Content Count:  1,254

I'm just curious how this word "classy" became synonymous with the actions and attitudes of football players, coaches, and fans. I never hear used in any other context.

Archived