• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play Calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Obviously they were trying to get by with a minimal game plan. Not a good idea. And the strategy was terrible. You don't spread the field against a fast defense, you smash them in the mouth.

Funny thing is, everyone like M-A-B and Minotaur and smazza who was complaining about Gregory last week after the Kansas game could have just waited a week and their posts would have been taken seriously. He was TERRIBLE today.

Jamie, I agree with you!!  If they don't get rid of G G we are in for a real bumpy ride!  The man has no imagination.  How many times can you run a ball up the middle and think you can get away with it.  These teams are studying our plans and because there is no imagination in the play calling they have our strategy down and know how to defend us!  I haven't blamed Grothe or the RBs.  But man GG scares the **ll out of me taking us into our main season with the Big East.  We can't let up and he (GG) absolutely without a doubt should go.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

How did that mouth smashing work when we couldn't punch it in in 4 tries with a first and goal?

It's a little tougher when they have 11 guys in the box.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Has this clown at OC ever heard of a slant?  Post?  Flag?  Geez, this is the WORST called game I've ever seen and this guy is BUSH LEAGUE for a team with the talent we have.  We have a TOP 25 TEAM.  LEGITIMATE!  Top 25 teams BLOW CRAPPY TEAMS OUT.

You throw the kitchen sink at teams like this to get your starters out by half so you don't see Selvie, Bruce, etc. all getting hurt.  Those injuries are on Gregory!!!!  You play conservative and you risk your starters and kill the development of your depth.

This was PISS POOR play calling.  Every time we threw 15+ yard passes, it was open.  Problem?  We only threw two or three of them the whole friggin game!  We are almost in the top ten and folks are going to be watching to have ANY excuse to put us down and winning 17-9 against FIU is as bad as LOSING!

When is this coaching staff going to get this through their **** heads!  We have no  room for crappy games like this as the leader of the conference in a DOWN year.  NO matter what we do, folks will say, they could hardly beat the WORST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

You guys get that right?  

Absolutely pathetic and EMBARRASSING!  I had folks over from out of town and it was EMBARRASSING watching this game.  Our coaches look like a bunch of dumbasses when we have BURNERS at the WR position and we aren't testing FIU????  

Are you friggin kiddin me?  

I've never been so pissed in the history of being a Bulls Fan and I've been there since day 1 as my freshman year was 1996 and i lived right alongside that first year team and have seen the bumps and bruises since day 1.

Today was an absolute abomination of a game and Gregory/Leavitt have some answering to do.  Bc of their incompetence, we had 3 injuries to guys who should've been COASTING at that point or even not in the game at all.  Their lack of balls might have just killed our defense enough to cost us enough to ruin our best chance to date to win this conference bc they lack "killer instinct".

I'm disgusted with today's game...absolutely disgusted...

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, Largo High School's OC would have called a better game!

17 points over a team rankled 119 is disgusting

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Honestly, Grothe had all day to throw the ball, and his completion percentage was very good.  I give credit where its due, to FIU's Defensive Backfield for covering our receivers.  If MG couldn't get them the ball, than the secondary of FIU played their butts off.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

you pick on Grothe, why?

Zero int's, 63% completion rate.

Play calling is bad and something needs to happen, we won't be lucky forever- FIU 119 out of 119

Pick on Grothe?   Take off your Grothe glasses, I certainly wasn't picking on Grothe but noted that he wasn't at 100%.  You know something I don't because these are the stats:

14/22  136 yards and 6.2 ypc

3rd down efficiency 5-13

This against the 119th ranked team out of 119.  If Grothe was fine and 100% healthy with these stats, then you would be the one picking on him, not me.  Oh, and he nearly threw two picks during the game.  Did you watch the game?

• Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

I am not sure why they didn't take some shots down the field.  As the for the red zone... Eh.

Archived