• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play Calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I thought the coaching staff did not call a good game today, too many times USF ran into the rush and the pass plays were very conservative in the second half.  It seemed to me that the flats were open for USF to take advantage of throughout the game.  I thought after last year the Bulls would have learned from their mistakes- players and coaches.  Glad the Bulls got the win, however, I am very concerned for next saturday.  Playing down to your competition is a mental breakdown that the Bulls will have to overcome if they wish to get to the next level. 

• Content Count:  3,307

Obviously they were trying to get by with a minimal game plan. Not a good idea. And the strategy was terrible. You don't spread the field against a fast defense, you smash them in the mouth.

Funny thing is, everyone like M-A-B and Minotaur and smazza who was complaining about Gregory last week after the Kansas game could have just waited a week and their posts would have been taken seriously. He was TERRIBLE today.

• Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

I'm hoping that we were just playing cautious as the lead was never in jeopardy.   Just running out the clock.

I hope to see more passing next week.

Just happy with 4-0!

• Content Count:  1,524

Yall already know how I feel about GG. He sucks....

• Content Count:  4,139

Well somthing has to happen if we're going to keep winning...    I don't think luck can carry us too far.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

Obviously they were trying to get by with a minimal game plan. Not a good idea. And the strategy was terrible. You don't spread the field against a fast defense, you smash them in the mouth.

How did that mouth smashing work when we couldn't punch it in in 4 tries with a first and goal? Playcalling should have had no bearing on this game at all. They were the 119th rated 1-A team, we were the 12th. As with almost every game, it's not the playcalling but the execution. We should have been able to call most any play we wanted and have it work the majority of the time ...

Funny thing is, everyone like M-A-B and Minotaur and smazza who was complaining about Gregory last week after the Kansas game could have just waited a week and their posts would have been taken seriously.

I can't imagine any type scenario where I would take their posts seriously ...  ;)

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

How did that mouth smashing work when we couldn't punch it in in 4 tries with a first and goal? Playcalling should have had no bearing on this game at all. They were the 119th rated 1-A team, we were the 12th. As with almost every game, it's not the playcalling but the execution. We should have been able to call most any play we wanted and have it work the majority of the time ...

I'll ditto that.  I felt the game in the trenches was where we took a couple of steps back.  The offensive line play was horrible today.  Grothe was getting pressured way too much and they couldn't wouldn't push around their defensive line.  I won't watch a replay of this game but everyone on the line should look at their play numerous times.  Plus I think Grothe was still affected by being sick this week and I wish they would have played BJ instead.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

you pick on Grothe, why?

Zero int's, 63% completion rate.

Play calling is bad and something needs to happen, we won't be lucky forever- FIU 119 out of 119

Archived