• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

General In Game Thoughts

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,011
  • Days Won:  38

i expect a definite loss at cincy. maybe a blowout loss

Miami (OH) 10

Cincinnati 17

1:40 2nd

I would expect Cincy to get better down the road.  Remember they are going through QB issues.  If we play like this on the road against them who knows what could happen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was disheartening. I will reserve my real anger for a loss to a big east team / not winning the big east this year. I would rather go 9-2 and 6-0 in the big east than 10-1 and 5-1 in the big east (assuming that means we lose big east). Playing and winning a BCS Bowl > getting blown out in a NC game.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

We looked pitiful. We better get it together or we will get embarresed next week.

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

All I can say is DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUM.

I will ask again.  WHERE IS THE KILLER INSTINCT ?? ?? ?? ??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

OK, we are hot, sweaty, exhausted and really p o'd that we made the trip down here to watch that game.  My connection is slow so I'm not reading the 1st 7 pages of this.  Let me sum this up with a comment from a fan in the lobby on our way back.

He said, I want my money back because I showed up and team didn't.  PERFECTLY put.

Will have to catch up with all that when on here on the board.  But it was probably more exciting than the game. 

Any parents of players on here, please forgive me for this.  I don't like to hate on our players.  But our O line was dominated by the 119th ranked team.  Couldn't make 1 yard numerous times.  RB's couldn't hold onto the ball - NONE of them.  They had more sacks then us - it seemed. 

The D played well overall except for that 1 long pass.  Just embarrasing.  The FIU fans were chanting OVER - RATED as we walked out.  We just agreed and said it looks that way. 

Like when we were ranked 2nd in the nation and never were that good,  This team is not the 12th best team in the nation.  Next week's game will tell us a lot where we go the rest of the way.  Any of you with Nat'l Champ dreams, time to wake up.  I know they aren't as bad as they showed, but they are not NC caliber.

• Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

Disastrous game in more ways than one.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I guess I'll be the first to say that FIU kept this game close, not us.  I mean, they were blitzing on every down and when you keep beating on something it will eventually break.  

As for the safety, the refs really wanted that one.  But at the same time, when you run the same play three times in a row, the defense will probably figure out what you're doing.  Gregory blew this one.

IMHO, FIU did a great job in forcing the issue!  Apparently, we didn't expect them to try to win and got bit in the rear end.  Just like what teams did to us back in the infant years, and what did we do?   We scared the crap out of them!!!!!

Another note to add in, the special teams once again sucked.  Edwards looked stupid out there and Wilson didn't look much better.  We get ANOTHER kick blocked.  And Alvarado did a bad job punting.

As for the injuries, I think Brouce will be okay.  At least I hope.  Selvie will be hobbled for a week or two but will probably still play.  Didn't hear much about McClain, but I DO know that now the DT position is rail thin.

The ONE silver lining about today:    NC State BEATING ECU.  We obviously will never change our ways as a team who needs motivation from an outside source.  And NC State BEATING the pirates will show this team that the Wolfpack is capable of beating us and WILL if you don't bust it on every play. Had the pack lost to ECU, I might've actually predicted a loss for next week.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I agree NC state beating ECU helped us out, team won't overlook them as much, will need to bring there A game to win.

Archived