• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, so are we rooting for WVU to do well tonight?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

It could and probably would happen if USF went 12-0. They'd rather take USC, Florida or Georgia if they had one loss. I'm not saying that's fair but that'show it would happen.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,471

The Big East needs to win every OOC game. Simple as that.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Seems to be pretty much a lock that we don't have a shot at the NC game huh?

So, a 12-0 USF team has no shot? Even if say, UCONN and WVU are ranked when we beat them? Even if no one comes out of the SEC with less than 2 losses? Even if USC loses to Stanford again?

It's college football folks. If we finished last season, we would have played for a National Championship. Hell, WVU could have played for it with a loss on their record. 5 teams in the top 10 from the SEC, guess what, they have to play each other. It starts Saturday with LSU/Auburn, one of them is pretty much a lock to lose and fall below us (if we win somewhat convincingly).

If we had played Ohio State last year in the NC, we would have won. Don't write it off. Until we lose a game, we're in the hunt, and if it's going to be any kind of reality, we need the rest of the BE to step it up.

We have some of the most negative "fans" that I have ever seen. I am a dolphins fan, and I am not even counting them out of some sort of respectability yet.

good post.

i'm pulling for WVU to win this one, just as i'm pulling for UConn to beat Baylor, and for all BEast teams to win their OOC matchups.

we need as many of our future opponents to be ranked when we play them, simply for the sake of our own legitimacy [NC bid or not].

and as much as i hate talking about an NC bid, which is an incredible longshot, we are not out of it until the BCS makes its selections...

the stronger our SOS is, the shorter distance that "longshot" becomes.

all that said...  we control our own destiny.  all our team can do is win its own games.

"Just win, Jim."

• Content Count:  5

I think it's too early to be talking NC for any team at this point in the season.  With that said, if USF can take care of business, then who's to say we shouldn't have a shot at the NC. 

Unfortunately the way BCS is designed, SOS is one of the factors, so we need all BE teams to win all out of conference games.  *sigh* We need WVU to win tonight and win big *sigh again*

I hate rooting for a rival, but for the good of The Bulls, it must be done.  :-[

Go Bulls

Just Win Jim

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I will never pull for Rutgers.  Ever.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I hate Rutgers as well.  I had such a hard time rooting for them vs. UNC. 

Definitely have to root for WVU though.  We can't have the preseason pick to win the BE losing to Colorado.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah this is the one BE team I will never, ever, ever pull for... I'm a Fins and Lightning fan and in my world Rutgers translates into Devils, Jets, Giants, fans etc.

I loath them...  >:(

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

And, if we played LSU we would've been destroyed.

Just because OSU is an imposter, doesn't mean the other teams at the top wouldn't have their way with us.

Look at what Kansas managed to do to us at our house. Kansas lacks a run game and isn't even a legit top 10 team. If we played Oklahoma at a neutral site (with many more OU fans than USF) we'd be killed.

I'd take an Orange Bowl win versus a National Championship embarrassment right now.

You're missing the point, LSU wouldn't have been the opponent. They only got in because WVU laid an egg in their final game. It would have been Oh St.

...what I am getting at is...wait for it... It's not always the best two teams that play for a NC in college football. We have as good of a shot as anyone right now, and should always be pulling for teams on our schedule to help us close the gap.

As for RU, I choose not to watch their games, then I don't have to "root" for them.

• Content Count:  637

And, if we played LSU we would've been destroyed.

Just because OSU is an imposter, doesn't mean the other teams at the top wouldn't have their way with us.

Look at what Kansas managed to do to us at our house. Kansas lacks a run game and isn't even a legit top 10 team. If we played Oklahoma at a neutral site (with many more OU fans than USF) we'd be killed.

I'd take an Orange Bowl win versus a National Championship embarrassment right now.

You're missing the point, LSU wouldn't have been the opponent. They only got in because WVU laid an egg in their final game. It would have been Oh St.

...what I am getting at is...wait for it... It's not always the best two teams that play for a NC in college football. We have as good of a shot as anyone right now, and should always be pulling for teams on our schedule to help us close the gap.

As for RU, I choose not to watch their games, then I don't have to "root" for them.

And, you're missing my point...if we make the NC unless it's against OSU we'd get embarrassed. Also, OSU is overrated as a top program, but I'm not so sure we could beat them more than 50 times out of 100.

Also, most people hate that it's typically not the "best" team in the NC, I've seen people say that around here. However, we'll condone it if we're clearly not a top program (and we're not) but we make it to the NC? Love hypocrisy. I'd rather win the Sugar / Orange Bowl and build from there.

Archived