• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, so are we rooting for WVU to do well tonight?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Until now, I have always pulled for our conference brethren to win their OOC games....with that WVUStateChamp guy posting here, I've changed course.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Until now, I have always pulled for our conference brethren to win their OOC games....with that WVUStateChamp guy posting here, I've changed course.

You cannot allow emotion to cloud judgment. WVU needs to win their OOC games ...

I'll be rooting for WVU until they play Pitt and us.  I thought it was hilarious when Pitt beat them last year and I'd like another opportunity to "lol"

The only BE team I can't root for is Rutgers.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

You cannot allow emotion to cloud judgment. WVU needs to win their OOC games ...

Okay...maybe they can win by one point on a last minute safety or something.  An embarrassing win would be okay I guess.  Thanks for getting me straight.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Okay...maybe they can win by one point on a last minute safety or something.  An embarrassing win would be okay I guess.  Thanks for getting me straight.

No problem ....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Seems to be pretty much a lock that we don't have a shot at the NC game huh?

So, a 12-0 USF team has no shot? Even if say, UCONN and WVU are ranked when we beat them? Even if no one comes out of the SEC with less than 2 losses? Even if USC loses to Stanford again?

It's college football folks. If we finished last season, we would have played for a National Championship. Hell, WVU could have played for it with a loss on their record. 5 teams in the top 10 from the SEC, guess what, they have to play each other. It starts Saturday with LSU/Auburn, one of them is pretty much a lock to lose and fall below us (if we win somewhat convincingly).

If we had played Ohio State last year in the NC, we would have won. Don't write it off. Until we lose a game, we're in the hunt, and if it's going to be any kind of reality, we need the rest of the BE to step it up.

We have some of the most negative "fans" that I have ever seen. I am a dolphins fan, and I am not even counting them out of some sort of respectability yet.

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

And, if we played LSU we would've been destroyed.

Just because OSU is an imposter, doesn't mean the other teams at the top wouldn't have their way with us.

Look at what Kansas managed to do to us at our house. Kansas lacks a run game and isn't even a legit top 10 team. If we played Oklahoma at a neutral site (with many more OU fans than USF) we'd be killed.

I'd take an Orange Bowl win versus a National Championship embarrassment right now.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't believe that a 12-0 USF would get jumped over by a one loss team for the National championship. It's too good a Cenderella story and it would need to be played out in the title game. It's one thing for an undeated non-BCS conference team to be slighted that way, but there would be a lot of outside pressure put on the BCS system to make sure that USF gets their rightful opportunity. 

Archived