• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is George O'Liar accusing USF of playing dirty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. Thank goodness the rest of us have never told a lie or else that would make us all O'liars and thus would be hypocritical to call out GO.

What is a Lie?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

I'm pretty sure the first time I recall hearing that, it was a comment made about Florida State "playing to the end of the echo of the whistle" .

If you're on the sending side of the initiative, it means you're following through and completing your task.

If you're on the receiving side of the initiative, it means 'game over, dude, game over! Ow, that hurts, stop it!'

...and remember boys and girls...having full faith and confidence in the NCAA officiating crews who serve diligently throughout

the season, I'm sure if there were any infractions or questionable plays (e.g. dirty), these pillars of sportsmanship would waste no time in making an on-the-spot correction.

Respectfully,

George "If you believe it, it's not a lie." Costanza

:satan

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They are a good football team. I think [uSF coach] Jim [Leavitt] has done a great job as far as getting them to play to the echo of the whistle.

Wow.. you guys are ridiculous.  You sure love your bulletin board material.  O'leary had nothing but positive things to say about USF and you look for a way to make it sound like an insult.

Says the guy whose athletic department reports to a newspaper that USF is returning tickets before they get their facts straightened out and look like liars when the truth does come out.  Then again, your athletic department isn't exactly known for telling the truth, now is it?

UCF must wait for the moment that USF does anything remotely negative to jump on it and tell the world about it.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This is pretty crazy.

I don't think Oleary was talking about each individual play at all, I think, in the context of the rest of the quote, he meant that USF has always played a full game against them. Since he says that they were close 2 years ago, the way I read it, is that he didn't think his team played a full game, and that is why they weren't able to pull it out.

It won't matter this year though...

...of course, the comment could be about the end of half TD that Grothe threw to Taurus last year when the game was already ugly.

• Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

Wow. Thank goodness the rest of us have never told a lie or else that would make us all O'liars and thus would be hypocritical to call out GO.

Oh, no.  The "Chad" is back:

000CHA_Tom_Green_003.jpg

• Content Count:  99

its oLiars fault for making up some crap that no one understands.

actually, thats a pretty common phrase used by coaches. they teach u to play to the echo of the whistle so u dont have mental lapses and give up on a play thats not dead.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Says the guy whose athletic department reports to a newspaper that USF is returning tickets before they get their facts straightened out and look like liars when the truth does come out.  Then again, your athletic department isn't exactly known for telling the truth, now is it?

UCF must wait for the moment that USF does anything remotely negative to jump on it and tell the world about it.

Ah...I know news travels a little SLOW over there...but it has been confirmed by MULTIPLE sources that yes...USF Ticket Office (EB) called UCF Tuesday morning and told them they would return (USF destroys the paper tix then sends a spreadsheet back to UCF to put those tix back in Ticketmaster inventory so they could be sold)...and that is what was reported to the Sentinel.

Then...Greg Auman DOESN'T contact USF Tix Office but instead hunts down USF Executive Associate Athletic Director Bill McGillis who basically called USF Alum/ and current UCF Associate Director of Athletics a LIAR and that his earlier statements were a "fabrication".

Nice Associate AD ya'll have over there....knocking a person who actually GRADUATED from that institution.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

And finally “Ticketgate,†has been solved.

On Tuesday afternoon, UCF associate AD Joe Hornstein told me that USF was returning 542 tickets of its allotment of 4,500 tickets for Saturday’s game.

I couldn’t imagine why USF would return tickets, so I contacted USF executive AD Bill McGillis Tuesday. He said Hornstein’s statements were “absolutely untrue.†But McGillis said he would check with his ticket office and see if they had additional information. They did.

As Hornstein originally told me, USF’s ticket office had notified UCF it was returning 542 tickets. However, that was a mistake on USF’s part, McGillis said. USF wanted to keep the tickets and mistakenly told UCF it was returning the tickets.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2008/09/usf-backs-down.html

Bill McGillis, USF executive associated athletics director, said USF was incorrect when it said the Bulls never returned tickets to UCF. "We had a communication snafu within our office, and we did indicate to UCF this afternoon that we would send the tickets back," McGillis said in a phone interview with the Orlando Sentinel.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/09/did-usf-return.html

USF executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis initially disputed the report, saying the Bulls had not returned any tickets, and has since clarified the confusion. Due to "poor communication within our own office," McGillis said USF indicated to UCF it would be returning tickets, but the Bulls have not and do not plan to do so.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I did contact UCF athletics and confirmed the information they sent out in the e-mail ...

• Content Count:  45

I really doubt George sat there before the news conference and thought of ways to downplay USF. It seems like he repects us, as any coach should respect any team, and it should be a good game. Remember when Texas visited UCF last season? This will be a tough game.

• Content Count:  1,474

GOL doesnt want to give us any BB material to ensure the domination

Archived