• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Detroit Lion running back situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

He wasn't playing with the first team line, so I cannot say just yet. 

He also wasn't playing against the first team defense.  ;-)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,557

No excuses from me, I stick by my belief that he will be a star in the NFL.  What I am done is arguing talent with people like Dozer who has never had the responsibility to evaluate football talent.

What you're overlooking is the fact that at least 6 other evaluators of talent, evaluators at a higher level than you, tend to side more with Dozer than you on this ....

No, Dozer amongst others on this site said he was a flop and was not an NFL RB.  To go futher, they said the only reason he had a good year was because he played in CUSA.  Funny, I thought I saw Chris Johnson, another CUSA RB run right through an NFL defense.

No, the problem started when you constantly compared KS to Emmitt Smith, which must mean the 6 drafted ahead of him are jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders clones ...

Bwhahaha!  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Andre Hall would run circles around Kevin Smith

Smith is a bust

• Content Count:  8,158

Wait wait wait... are we talking about EMMITT SMITH?  The all time leading NFL rusher?  Superstar for the Gators?

The only thing Kevin Smith has in common with Emmitt Smith are skin color and last name.

Kevin couldn't hoist Emmitt's jock.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Now we're getting ridiculous.  Smith was drafted in the 3d round, and Andre not at all.  At least NFL scouts see Smith as more talented.  Hall could end up being the better NFL back, but we'll have to wait that out. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Now we're getting ridiculous.  Smith was drafted in the 3d round, and Andre not at all.  At least NFL scouts see Smith as more talented.  Hall could end up being the better NFL back, but we'll have to wait that out. 

You must have meant the ****** detroit lions scouts that have had top 5 picks in the last 10 drafts and still suck...

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Those same Lions had 7 rounds to draft Hall and they didn't.  No one did.  Let's give Smith a chance to prove himself.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

All OT posts have been moved to this thread: http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=44927.0

If you want to hit on another poster please use PM's. We're not running a dating service here.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, GridironGod probably is more correct on that comparison than most here will want to admit.  Emmitt was a COMPLETE product of one of the best offensive lines EVER ASSEMBLED.  Remember E at UF?  He was alright, not a world beater by any means.  Then he gets on dallas who put together an OL that dwarfed the DLs of the day combined with HOFs all over that offense meaning that he not only got holes a mack truck could drive through, but he always was one on one when he came through the hole bc irvin was taking 2 guys deep and the TE had already cleared out the middle.

Rewatch all those games when Emmitt was in his prime.  The guy never was touched until he was 2 yards past his OL!

So as much as I'm an ANTI UCF person, I have to agree, 24K is just like Emmit.  If he gets 30 carries a game behind a line that can give him huge holes, he'll be a STUD!

Now i'd call him crazy if he compared him to Barry Sanders who consistently ran for 1000 yards with NO LINE and NO WEAPONS on offense for his whole career. 

If you think Emmitt ran for big yards in Dallas, imagine what Sanders would've done during that time period?  Hell, he'd still be playing!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Actually, GridironGod probably is more correct on that comparison than most here will want to admit.  Emmitt was a COMPLETE product of one of the best offensive lines EVER ASSEMBLED.  Remember E at UF?  He was alright, not a world beater by any means.  Then he gets on dallas who put together an OL that dwarfed the DLs of the day combined with HOFs all over that offense meaning that he not only got holes a mack truck could drive through, but he always was one on one when he came through the hole bc irvin was taking 2 guys deep and the TE had already cleared out the middle.

Rewatch all those games when Emmitt was in his prime.  The guy never was touched until he was 2 yards past his OL!

So as much as I'm an ANTI UCF person, I have to agree, 24K is just like Emmit.  If he gets 30 carries a game behind a line that can give him huge holes, he'll be a STUD!

So why were there 6 rb's drafted ahead of him if he is an emmitt clone?

Archived