• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Detroit Lion running back situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

if he gets 35 carries in an NFL game you might as well get the toe tag filled out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98

Waiting for Gridiron God to come in here and slob up Kevin Smith and anoint him as the second coming. 

the problem with fans are, some of them know nothing of what they cheer for.

Are kidding me Dozer?  His first preseason game and you are judging him.  Are you so upset that he was drafted first in the third round that you just can't handle the fact that he is a very good RB.  I have always compared him to Emmitt Smith because of his vision and quickness to the whole.  So to help you out Dozer I will list Emmitt Smith's first three game stats, these are of the real football season:

Game 1 - San Diego Chagers  - 2 attempts, 2 yards, long 1 yard - average 1 YPC - no receiveing

Game 2 - New York Giants -    6 attempts, 11 yards - average 1.8 YPC, long 5 yards, 2 receptions for 12 yards

Game 3 - @ Washington -        17 attempts, 63 yards - average 3.7 YPC, long 15, 2 receptions for 12 yards

Get the point Dozer!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Waiting for Gridiron God to come in here and slob up Kevin Smith and anoint him as the second coming. 

Are kidding me Dozer?  His first preseason game and you are judging him.  Are you so upset that he was drafted first in the third round that you just can't handle the fact that he is a very good RB.  I have always compared him to Emmitt Smith because of his vision and quickness to the whole.  So to help you out Dozer I will list Emmitt Smith's first three game stats, these are of the real football season:

Game 1 - San Diego Chagers  - 2 attempts, 2 yards, long 1 yard - average 1 YPC - no receiveing

Game 2 - New York Giants -     6 attempts, 11 yards - average 1.8 YPC, long 5 yards, 2 receptions for 12 yards

Game 3 - @ Washington -        17 attempts, 63 yards - average 3.7 YPC, long 15, 2 receptions for 12 yards

Get the point Dozer!

I have made no secrets on my feelings about Smith since before the draft, good try at a strawman though. Also good job slobbing him right on cue.  Smith wont be a quality starter at the NFL level no matter how many times you try to compare him to the NFL's all time leading rusher (also lol at this comparison 24k cant hold Smiths jock and Emmitt also ran much harder than Smith does and had one of the best lines in NFL history in front of him).  You can try to pump him up all you want but dude has good but not great vision and not much else.  He lacks the ability to run as a power runner and the quickness and break away speed to be a homerun/speed threat.  But anyways ill leave you to look like a fool by mentioning an unproven rookie in the same sentence as the NFL's all time leading rusher.  Now back to your scheduled 24k slobbing. 

Game 2 - New York Giants -     6 attempts, 11 yards - average 1.8 YPC, long 5 yards, 2 receptions for 12 yards

Get the point Dozer!

I have made no secrets on my feelings about Smith since before the draft, good try at a strawman though. Also good job slobbing him right on cue.  Smith wont be a quality starter at the NFL level no matter how many times you try to compare him to the NFL's all time leading rusher (also lol at this comparison 24k cant hold Smiths jock and Emmitt also ran much harder than Smith does and had one of the best lines in NFL history in front of him).  You can try to pump him up all you want but dude has good but not great vision and not much else.  He lacks the ability to run as a power runner and the quickness and break away speed to be a homerun/speed threat.  But anyways ill leave you to look like a fool by mentioning an unproven rookie in the same sentence as the NFL's all time leading rusher.  Now back to your scheduled 24k slobbing. 

Well you have your opinon as do I.  The difference, I spent 18 years coaching high school players and know talent when I see it.  I'm curious, what are your credentials on the subject?

Get the point Dozer!

Well you have your opinon as do I.  The difference, I spent 18 years coaching high school players and know talent when I see it.  I'm curious, what are your credentials on the subject?

Your "credentials" mean nothing since you have never been talent evaluator at a level any higher than high school. All your 18yrs does for you is give you ability to evaluate and identify high school talent.  Good try at elevating your opinion on this matter though.  Also what proof do we have that you are who you say you are?  Nothing that i've seen other than your text. 

Get the point Dozer!

Your "credentials" mean nothing since you have never been talent evaluator at a level any higher than high school. All your 18yrs does for you is give you ability to evaluate and identify high school talent.  Good try at elevating your opinion on this matter though.  Also what proof do we have that you are who you say you are?  Nothing that i've seen other than your text. 

Well considering he was the 63rd player taken in the NFL draft out of tens of thousands of college players, something tells me that my ability to analyze talent seems to be a tad bit better than you. 

Get the point Dozer!

Well considering he was the 63rd player taken in the NFL draft out of tens of thousands of college players, something tells me that my ability to analyze talent seems to be a tad bit better than you. 

i can kill this post with four words

Ryan Leaf Tom Brady

Draft position has nothing to do with success in the NFL. 

Edit: Also the Lions front office isn't exactly known for making great decisions on draft day.

• Content Count:  2,239

Dozer, you're letting your bias blind you from giving the guy a fair shot.

Leaf was never mature enough to carry himself even in college.  The talent was good in the pros and he cracked easily.

Smith is much more humble and hard working than Leaf ever was and that can help create success in the NFL.

I'll take the professional pundits over an anti-homer any day.

Dozer, you're letting your bias blind you from giving the guy a fair shot.

Leaf was never mature enough to carry himself even in college.  The talent was good in the pros and he cracked easily.

Smith is much more humble and hard working than Leaf ever was and that can help create success in the NFL.

I'll take the professional pundits over an anti-homer any day.

I have to reply that you are a homer.  Smith lacks break away speed (judging from the grip of games i've sen him play, and yes i do pay attention to that program to the east) lacks the power to be a grinder between the tackles and move the pile at the PRO level but he does have good patience and good vision and is hard worker from everything i have heard or read about him.  Add that in with Detroit's offensive line is TERRIBLE and that's not exactly a good combination.  It will be at least 2 years before Detroit can fix that mess they call an offensive line so smith is stuck behind a bad line taking hits and lacks the ability to turn nothing into something at the PRO level (he could definitely do this for you guys during his COLLEGIATE career).  If he was say in Denver i would have a different opinion on him but as things stand hes not in a good spot for his skill set which in the NFL doesn't impress me (unless he was behind a top tier line) although it was a way more than adequate at the collegiate level.  All in all Smith was a VERY GOOD collegiate back but just like players like Troy Davis all the collegiate success in the world doesn't mean you will be successful at the next level.  Either way if im right or im wrong ill be here to fess up or say "I told you so".   

• Content Count:  2,239

While supporting Smith, I know what he has and doesn't have.  He has in game speed as opposed to stuff you'd see at the combine.  His lack of line in Detroit will be a real test if he has "it" or not.  He wasn't playing with the first team line, so I cannot say just yet.  He will definitely have the opportunity to make a name for himself.  I think the line will be fixed at least partway next season and if the cards fall right, it should be fine in 2 years.

Since you're an anti-homer and I'm a realist, I guess we can both see the challenges in front of Kevin.  You see no chance of success, I see that there is plenty of opportunity.

Archived