• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Singabull's Rays Rants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I found this on the Rays Index site.  I guess he does have an option left.

There was some confusion over the status of Jonny Gomes. In yesterday's "Pepper" segment, we said Gomes would be DFA'd if Rocco Baldelli is activated. The feeling was Gomes is out of minor league options. This was verified by somebody close to the team...However, Gomes was only in the minors for 16 days in '07. A player must be in the minors for 20 days to count as an optional assignment. We double-checked with the Rays and sure enough Gomes does have an option remaining.

But here's the problem.  Rocco was placed on the 60 day DL to free up a roster spot early in the season.  So someone has to get bumped from the 40 man roster to activate Baldelli.  Simply optioning someone won't work.  So Gomes may get DFA'd anyway.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

Finally figured out who you two remind me of ....

statler-waldorf.jpg

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

here we go again. runners in scoring position again with no outs, and we do zilch. sickening. this team deserves the lousy attendance tonight. if cleveland was playing any other team theyd be getting lit up tonight. their best pitcher is doing jack**** tonight and we cant take advantage. good teams take advantage, and we arent a good team.

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Lee is a good pitcher but has given the rays plenty of chances.  Would've been nice to see nady or bay in those situations but I guess the teams that actually care about making the playoffs traded for those guys.  But I guess it's ok because we have the amazing jonny gomes!

they need to release gomes then.  He's one of the worst hitters in baseball.  What the hell is maddon waiting on keeping baldelli in the dugout?  He's healthy and ready, activate him!

wheeler, balfour, and howell are three pitchers that can pitch 7,8,9 in any order or combination.  Putting percival out there makes what shields and everyone does go to waste.

Do you know what  the definiton of a "save" is .... and how many Percy has this year?

Sure I do, and how many of those saves are with a 2 or 3 run lead?  Percival comes in with a 2 run lead and gives up a homer and everyone forgets about it because the rays still win.

If they still win then putting him out there DOESN'T "makes what shields and everyone does go to waste" ...... Do you even read what you freaking write?

He's old and has not been the same since the injury.  Time to make wheeler the closer.

What a waste of a roster spot.  0-4, only makes the team worse.  They don't need a cheerleader anymore, they need a hitter and they can go get bay or nady, oh wait.  Retard friedman blew that opportunity.

Time to castrate gomes and friedman.

Maybe the bucs won't let tampa bay down like the rays are about to do.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

singabull = bag of d0uche

i bleed awesomeness = i like losing

i dont disagree gomes should be sent sent down asap, i was simply stating the obvious.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

singabull = bag of d0uche

Your mother = b!tch

i hope crying about the rays on a webboard is therapeutic for you.  cant you just do it in your diary or something?

Archived